Arizona Green Tea ?

Options
my husband got me some Arizona green tea with Ginsing and Honey.... i put it into the food deal and with just breakfast im over on my sugars..LOL is this bad ? is that tea bad for me to drink ???

Replies

• capriciousmoon
    capriciousmoon Posts: 1,263 Member
    Options
    I don't worry about sugar but I would consider how many calories it has and how much food you could have eaten instead of a non-filling drink. If you can fit in in your day it shouldn't be that bad, but you probably still wouldn't want to drink them all the time.
  • paintlisapurple
    paintlisapurple Posts: 982 Member
    Options
    I don't know a technical answer to this, but I usually drink a glass of AZGTWH&G a day as its my favorite. I like Trader Joe's Green and White tea with mint too, but if you like sweet tea you probably won't find it to be palatable.
  • JenniferLee76
    Options
    its got 70 calories per 8oz...
  • WendyTerry420
    WendyTerry420 Posts: 13,274 Member
    Options
    If it fits your calories and your macros, then drink up!
  • KenosFeoh
    KenosFeoh Posts: 1,837 Member
    Options
    I love this stuff! Most of the time, however, I make my own iced green tea with just a light kiss of honey (maybe 1 teaspoon in 1 pint).
  • JenniferLee76
    Options
    what are Macros ??
  • capriciousmoon
    capriciousmoon Posts: 1,263 Member
    Options
    That's not bad then. Most people tend to drink the cans or bottles so I didn't think about drinking only 8oz.
  • CookNLift
    CookNLift Posts: 3,660 Member
    Options
    Try switching to Honest Tea or Pure Leaf Unsweetened. The sugars are low and they are so much better tasting because they actually taste like good quality iced tea.
  • paintlisapurple
    paintlisapurple Posts: 982 Member
    Options
    Macros are the different parts of your diet and how they are broken up. Things like calories, carbohydrates, fat, protein etc... If you really like the green tea just have a glass or two a day. Its not going to kill the entire process for sure. If you are concerned about the sugars, keep it to a minimum like I do, one glass a day. Water is my main drink, but I also have the AZ tea, coffee, and an occasional juice too.
  • JenniferLee76
    Options
    alright...thank yall so much...I appreciate your input very very much.... <3 Im gonna enjoy my glass of tea :D lol
  • TammyS327
    TammyS327 Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    I don't drink calories, with the exception of my morning coffee.
    There are plenty of diet green teas if you like green tea. Personally I love it and I get the Publix diet green tea, zero calories.
    I have a friend that is a nurse tell me last night not to drink more than a cup a day. According to her it has a lot of vitamin K and will cause blood to thicken and can cause blood clots. YIKES! I am going to research this today for sure.
  • shannashannabobana
    shannashannabobana Posts: 625 Member
    Options
    I don't like to drink my calories mostly so I just drink unsweet tea, but when I buy bottled teas I love Honest Tea and recently have tried the Harney and Son's variety and that is decent too. I tried the Arizona stuff one time and was not a fan. YMMV.

70 cal's probably won't kill you either way but I'd rather spend mine on cheese : )
  • reoskit
    reoskit Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Ingredients: Premium Brewed Green Tea Using Filtered Water, High Fructose Corn Syrup, Honey, Citric Acid, Natural Flavors, Ginseng Extract, Vitamin C.

Why not grab a pitcher and brew your own green tea at home? Pop it in the fridge and add your own local honey (great for allergies). Then you control the sugar and make sure it's natural. No reason to have high fructose corn syrup in iced tea.
  • matthewcrowley
    matthewcrowley Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    hate to say that anything is good or bad so long as you hit your calorie goal, but sweetened teas should be considered the same way as regular coke or other sodas. these things are mostly corn syrup and water. the trap with these is that they list 8oz as the standard serving but put it in 16 - 24 oz cans which is up to 210 calories of corn syrup.

a great alternative is any iced tea that does not contain sweeteners, tea itself has no calories. the taste of unsweetened tea can take a while to get used to (research shows people need to try different foods 10 to 20 times become used to them) but if you keep trying it is worth it.

the problem with getting your calories from sugary drinks is that your body burns though the calories quickly which causes one's blood sugar to crash a while later, which causes you to be hungry and overeat. once you are in this cycle you can't get out. if you get the same calories from protein you won't have the blood sugar spike and crash cycle and are less likely to feel hungry and overeat.