Something I like

Options
memaw66
memaw66 Posts: 2,558 Member
I can't seem to find an exercise routine that I actually like and can do. I was doing Zumba but I have severe traumatic arthritis in my right ankle and am in so much pain after working out. I thought about bike riding because I love to ride but I'm not sure I can make it up and down the hills where I live....Any suggestions? I do not like the gym I am not disciplined enough to make myself work out....Help.....I really want to do something but not sure what. Even swimming hurts my ankle.......I have tried to just be tough and suck it up when it hurts but it feels like someone taking a hammer to my ankle. I take anti inflamatory meds that help a little.

Replies

• LarryDUk
    LarryDUk Posts: 279 Member
    Options
    Why not start with just walking? I have lost loads of weight walking. I walk a lot, but you have to start somewhere.
  • Snow3y
    Snow3y Posts: 1,412 Member
    Options
    Yoga :) you'd be surprised by its effectievness
  • _G4BR13L_
    _G4BR13L_ Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    Have you tried Glucosamine and Chondroitin? I take these with fish oil. I have had multiple ACL surgeries and joint problems. I have also read an article lately about taking cinnamon and honey daily to help with joint problems. It is at least worth trying one if not all. Hope this helps. :)
  • memaw66
    memaw66 Posts: 2,558 Member
    Options
    Thanks guys! I will give those ideas a try.....
    As for the walking, that is painful too. I have tried different shoes, had inserts made for my shoes, but I will give it another try. I have got to do SOMETHING!!!! Tired of being fat and tired!!!