Anyone else out there doing Atkins\Paleo\South Beach\etc

Options
Well, I'm getting back on the horse so to speak and putting my health back into perspective. About a year ago, I had lost a ton of weight using this site. I was a whopping 230 lbs, and dropped down to a very manageable ~158 \. I was stoked. Then I got into a terrible relationship that wreaked havoc on my self-esteem, but I'm taking that power back now.

So I was curious if anyone else out there is doing the low carb method and wanted to share encouragement. Feel free to add me - I love reading through the news feed to see how well everyone is doing with their goals. Even if you don't do the low carb and just want motivation, that's cool too. We aren't all cavemen!

Love this site. Good luck to everyone on our weight loss goals!

Replies

• lilcassers
    lilcassers Posts: 163
    Options
    I try to be as paleo as I can (except for a couple cheat meals a week). Sticking to whole foods from gods green earth is really the best for ones body!
  • ProgressNotPerfection32
    ProgressNotPerfection32 Posts: 1,155 Member
    Options
    I've been living low carb doing Atkins for 2 years now. Sometimes I am more off than on, though :grumble: I will do my best to inspire :laugh: I have lost 61 lbs (greatest loss has been 67) so far so it DOES work!! Add me
  • tekwriter
    tekwriter Posts: 923 Member
    Options
    There is also a paleo support group. Very helpful. I am struggling with lo carb and Paleo still.
  • iTemperence
    Options
    Awesome, glad to see there's others out there with the low carb plan in mind. I'm not really struggling with keeping on it - just interested in seeing what others have as snacks, meals, and importantly what kind of exercise everyone does. Lilcassers I see you are big on Insanity and something called T25? Will have to check it out. I've seen the infomercials for Insanity but I'm just not sure that I'd be able to do it with the injuries I have (ankle and knee damage).

Anyone do low impact workouts that you have seen good results with?
  • ProgressNotPerfection32
    ProgressNotPerfection32 Posts: 1,155 Member
    Options
    I've started the Run a 3k app and love the interval training it has. Ellipticals are also a great low impact workout.
  • chandy2809
    chandy2809 Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    Awesome, glad to see there's others out there with the low carb plan in mind. I'm not really struggling with keeping on it - just interested in seeing what others have as snacks, meals, and importantly what kind of exercise everyone does. Lilcassers I see you are big on Insanity and something called T25? Will have to check it out. I've seen the infomercials for Insanity but I'm just not sure that I'd be able to do it with the injuries I have (ankle and knee damage).

Anyone do low impact workouts that you have seen good results with?

hey add me if you want! I do my diary daily and for the past week and a bit ive been doing paleao - although I do have yogurt! - im weighing in next week and doing measurements so will let you know how I get on! im finding it fine and not toooo difficult. I do have a varied diest if your stuck. I walk and do zumba as excerice...free as I do it from home!!