Do not eat....

Options

Replies

• dawningr
    dawningr Posts: 387 Member
    Options
    Mix it with a pack of jello chocolate pudding powder, and it's the most heavenly thing ever. o:

Chocolate or vanilla protein powder works well also.
  • Fullsterkur_woman
    Fullsterkur_woman Posts: 2,712 Member
    Options
    68qyyf.gif
    I can't look away...
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,523 Member
    Options
    Try it with Uni sushi..............bet it don't taste like poo.

A.C.E. Certified Personal/Group FitnessTrainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition
  • LoraF83
    LoraF83 Posts: 15,694 Member
    Options
    68qyyf.gif

Oh dear.

Now I won't be able to sleep tonight.

Someone hold me. Lol.
  • BurningAway
    BurningAway Posts: 279
    Options
    I fuking love greek yogurt. Especialy vanilla flavored YUm!
  • psykins
    psykins Posts: 76
    Options
    I had plain greek yogurt (2%tho, not fat-free), a tsp of sugar, a tbsp of hemp powder, and a half cup of fronzen raspberries and blackberries for breatkfast this morning. YUM! I agree, you're doing it wrong - mix it with something.
  • bluesrockerman
    bluesrockerman Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Ha ha....I wondered if anyone was going to catch that!
  • whiteberry17
    whiteberry17 Posts: 124
    Options
  • whiteberry17
    whiteberry17 Posts: 124
    Options
    I remember when I used to diet the wrong way I would force myself to eat foods that Were the grossest thing ever. So my family there eating pizza and chips and Im in the corner with a cup of plain Greek yogurt crying, It was a pretty sad scene.
  • sweetNsassy2584
    sweetNsassy2584 Posts: 515 Member
    Options
    It may taste bitter plain but that's why you have to be creative. I've made so many things with greek yogurt. Have you tried it in overnight oats? Mix it with PB and spread it on protein pancakes, put it in your protein shake, add fruit and granola ect...
  • WendyTerry420
    WendyTerry420 Posts: 13,274 Member
    Options
    This is a really serious deal. I have to help out everyone here. So here it is.........Do not try Plain nonfat Greek yogurt.....It tastes like poo. Glad i could help.

I use it as a substitute for sour cream.
  • _Zardoz_
    _Zardoz_ Posts: 3,987 Member
    Options
    This is a really serious deal. I have to help out everyone here. So here it is.........Do not try Plain nonfat Greek yogurt.....It tastes like poo. Glad i could help.
    How do you know what Poo tastes like?
  • cmurphy252
    cmurphy252 Posts: 279 Member
    Options
    68qyyf.gif

Oh dear.

Now I won't be able to sleep tonight.

Someone hold me. Lol.

LOL!
  • chandanista
    chandanista Posts: 986 Member
    Options
    So glad it isn't just me. No matter what I've added to Greek yogurt, it tastes like I'm trying to cover up something that went rotten in the sun a few months ago. I tried buying some that already had the sugar added to it, and it was just as bad.

I used plain Greek yogurt as a substitute for sour cream in a Mexican dish a couple months ago. It ruined the whole dish. No one finished their serving :( .

I do have issues with milk, since I was in grade school I've had a hard time drinking it plain; it almost always tastes like it's about to go bad to me. Today I had cottage cheese for the first time in months and it tasted AWFUL, DH had some and said it was fine. So I figure I have a very low intolerance to dairy and the rotting/about to go bad tastes are my body's way of keeping me away from the dairy. That or it's a conditioned taste aversion...I got sick on something as a kid and now my subconscious associates the taste of something with illness and makes it taste bad to me.
    ...I'm OK with Yoplait and cheddar so far though. We'll see if that changes as I age.

TL;DR if I want to eat something that tastes spoiled, I'll have some beer.
  • QueenE_
    QueenE_ Posts: 522 Member
    Options
    Lol! The first time I tried hummus it reminded me of feet. =P
  • BluejayNY
    BluejayNY Posts: 301 Member
    Options
    I like it in the place of sour cream
  • HollisGrant
    HollisGrant Posts: 2,022 Member
    Options
    I CANNOT stand Greek Yogurt. I've tried so many different times to eat it. So many different flavors, brands, recipes, etc. and I just cannot like it. I tried to have some for breakfast this morning and I just kind of ate the fruit of the top of it and ended up having a bowl of cereal instead.

Yes, amen! Greek yogurt tastes horrible. I don't know why people like it so much. I like light yogurts. It is cool if others like it, but I just can't stand the taste. I feel like I'm eating moldy, curdled milk that was left in the sun for a week.

I can't eat it either.... the texture reminds me of whale snot! I'm just not a dairy eater.
  • SJVZEE
    SJVZEE Posts: 451 Member
    Options

I agree with you on the non-fat part, but I do love plain Greek yogurt with honey, nuts and a sliced banana or blueberries mixed in!
  • AmyRhubarb
    AmyRhubarb Posts: 6,890 Member
    Options
    I agree you have to add stuff to it make plain Greek yogurt good.
    Yeah, like FAT! :tongue: Fat free dairy of any sort is nasty in my opinion. But the 2% and full fat varieties of Trader Joe's or Fage plain Greek yogurt is the bomb in my book. I use it in place of sour cream, stir into my oatmeal, or top it with fresh fruit and some honey. It's rich and creamy and delicious - I tried the fat free stuff once and it WAS nasty - all chalky and grainy.

I don't always mix things with my plain Greek yogurt, but I when I do, Nutella is my favorite. Tastes like heaven.
  • IAteBethDitto
    IAteBethDitto Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    I'd never eat fat-free dairy products anyway.

But I do SO want this thread to be directly above the one entitled, "eggs fried in bacon grease".