From "pear" to "hourglass" with HEAVY-LIFTING for Women!

Options

Replies

• Itsyagirlsmurf
    Options
    You look amazing. looks like you worked really hard to get in that shape. Very inspirational aswell. :)
  • AnsiStar
    AnsiStar Posts: 165 Member
    Options
    It won't let me see the pics on this computer so bumping for later :)
  • Topsking2010
    Topsking2010 Posts: 2,245 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • Beeps2011
    Beeps2011 Posts: 11,984 Member
    Options
    livlovra - I hope "muffin" refers to a pregnancy and not a "muffin-top"! congratulations!
  • NikkiSixGuns
    NikkiSixGuns Posts: 630 Member
    Options
    Bump!
  • MrsDanner78
    MrsDanner78 Posts: 107
    Options
    Awwe, I'm so sad - I can't see the pics! :(
  • maz2469
    maz2469 Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    bump
  • ReinaJaLaNa
    ReinaJaLaNa Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    I am 44 years old - and dedicated my fitness to heavy-lifting (free weights) for the last 18 months. Before that, it was 25+ years of cardio, cardio, cardio.

I can say that the improvements that have been made over the last 18 months are, to me, UNBELIEVABLE. A true "pear", I aimed to become as close to an hourglass as I could, recognizing that I have zero boobs and I am unwilling to seek surgery.

I am 5'8.5" tall. I weighed in at 146 lbs, today.

I started taking "photos" and "measurements" on January 1, 2012 - 18 months ago. It's now June 29, 2013 - here are my photos and measurements:

Endof18Monthsslide1_zps5050e312.jpg

Endof18Monthsslide2_zpsf0391ef9.jpg

I still have 2" to shave off my hips and 0.5" to shave off my natural waist....I'm still not that "happy" with my lower body - but I do like my upper body.

EndofJune20139monthsposing_zps01c3e5e6.jpg

Remember, all things are possible! I have a full-time job. I have severe asthma. I have a husband and a family to take care of. But, above all else, I believe that I owe it to myself to take care of myself. First.

Here's to the next 18 months!!
  • ReinaJaLaNa
    ReinaJaLaNa Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    I first couldn't see the pics in your original post, but now that I can in my last post "quoting" yours, awesome! Looks like you really put in the work and it's paid off. As more of I guess what they call an "apple" shape, I'm hoping I'll be able to create some sort of "hourglass" figure for myself once I'm closer to my ideal weight (as well as along the way) as well. This is very motivating, thank you :)
  • vickilm1976
    vickilm1976 Posts: 141 Member
    Options
    Awesome! Thanks for getting me back on track with the free weights.
  • iconnor
    iconnor Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    Wow! Amazing job!
  • Dshawsholars
    Options
    AWESOME!!! You look amazing!!!so inspirational
  • DVaughan1975
    DVaughan1975 Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    Great job!!! You look awesome!
  • Joydriven
    Joydriven Posts: 46
    Options
    Amazing work! I'm similarly shaped and it's so encouraging to see your transformation.

Thanks for the advice about the book and booking an appointment with a trainer. I just bought Strong Curves and got NROLFW from the library. Have a long standing gym membership but didn't,t know how to translate from the book to the gym.

I, and probably many others, am calling the gym and setting up a session! Thank you!
  • LabrakaDebra
    LabrakaDebra Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    You are awesome. Bumping for when I need motivation!
  • alwaysgreen17
    alwaysgreen17 Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    You're an inspiration. Great job.
  • Beeps2011
    Beeps2011 Posts: 11,984 Member
    Options
    "apples" can move to "hourglass" shape, too! So can "ruler" shapes, 'banana" shapes, "boy" shapes! Natural hourglass shapes can become an even MORE pronounced hourglass!

Remember, "hourglass" is measuring shoulders-to-waist-to-hip ratios, so this has NOTHING to do with your bustlines, ladies!
  • XAVTAY2
    XAVTAY2 Posts: 58
    Options
    You look great..well toned!
  • BrunetteRunner87
    BrunetteRunner87 Posts: 591 Member
    Options
    This is great! You look great! I've just started NROW4W for the 4th time this morning...each time I get through stage 1 and lose motivation so maybe this will help me finally continue!
  • Amcolecchi
    Amcolecchi Posts: 260 Member
    Options
    ooh I am so pear shaped!!! How did you do this?! I am all cardio and I have no idea where to start for heavy lifting!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!