Never Biking Again

Options
musicmint
musicmint Posts: 469
Went out for a bike ride when some lady hit me with her car. Thankfully I am still ok!!

Replies

• Tony_Brewski
    Tony_Brewski Posts: 1,376 Member
    Options
    Umm... well that'd ruin a day for sure.
  • onetwopotato
    onetwopotato Posts: 245 Member
    Options
    FWFlSpu.gif
  • TyTy76
    TyTy76 Posts: 1,761 Member
    Options
    Glad you're still okay, that's a nightmare of mine.

That being said, accidents happen and I wouldn't let it stop be from riding my bike ever again, I love it too much.

You going to stop driving? Walking? Flying?

Get out there and enjoy life, you never get out alive anyways..
  • sissiluv
    sissiluv Posts: 2,205 Member
    Options
    I was hit by a truck once, so I definitely feel you there! PTSD prevented me from getting a drivers license, but I intend to get one soon...don't let it hold you back. c:

Glad you're okay!
  • InForBacon
    InForBacon Posts: 1,508 Member
    Options
    never_zpsd74e8c2c.gif
  • coliema
    coliema Posts: 7,646 Member
    Options
    Went out for a bike ride when some lady hit me with her car. Thankfully I am still ok!!
    I went for a walk once and got hit by a car, but I continue to walk. Don't let a little accident slow you down. :flowerforyou:
  • Capt_Apollo
    Capt_Apollo Posts: 9,026 Member
    Options
    all the miles i've put in cycling and i'm surprised i haven't been hit yet.

ps, if i get hit by a car tomorrow it's your fault.
  • jofjltncb6
    jofjltncb6 Posts: 34,415 Member
    Options
    all the miles i've put in cycling and i'm surprised i haven't been hit yet.

ps, if i get hit by a car tomorrow it's your fault.
    Yeah, you may want to make tomorrow an off day.
  • chelseascounter
    chelseascounter Posts: 1,283 Member
    Options
    That happened to me too back in Jan! I had to get 7 stitches on the back of my head.

Someone else got hit by a car a couple hours earlier literally right down the street and they died.
  • dichrodiva
    dichrodiva Posts: 13
    Options
    Well, I guess you could ride where there are no cars like a bike path or trail. I wouldn't let that insistent stop me. Luckily I live in the country and the roads are almost empty. More likely to get hit by a deer or a tractor.

Glad you weren't hurt.
  • Southern_Belle_LA
    Southern_Belle_LA Posts: 931 Member
    Options
    That happened to me about 2 years ago and I took a year to recover fully and the following year I won 6 volleyball championships. I only bike on trails and bike paths now. You can be safe but you can't be stunted!! Get after it!
  • jofjltncb6
    jofjltncb6 Posts: 34,415 Member
    Options
    Great. Just great.

I can look forward to needing to dodge more crazy cyclists on trails now.
  • laserturkey
    laserturkey Posts: 1,680 Member
    Options
    Great. Just great.

I can look forward to needing to dodge more crazy cyclists on trails now.

Sounds like a good way to improve your agility.
  • WhitneySheree88
    WhitneySheree88 Posts: 222 Member
    Options
    Omg! I laughed a little ... i'm sorry! I'm glad your ok though :happy:
  • musicmint
    Options
    ewwwwwww nooooooooooooo lol
  • yo_andi
    yo_andi Posts: 2,178 Member
    Options
    I bike to and from work in the city. It's harrowing and I get hit at least once a month.

Wear a helmet. Obey the rules. Get back on your bike :flowerforyou:
  • musicmint
    Options
    That happened to me about 2 years ago and I took a year to recover fully and the following year I won 6 volleyball championships. I only bike on trails and bike paths now. You can be safe but you can't be stunted!! Get after it!

Wow good for you! What happened to you in terms of injuries?
  • musicmint
    Options
    IT WAS THE DRIVERS FAULT. For the people who think I didn't obey the law...I did it was the lady who was not paying attention. I had right of way the light was green
  • ValerieMartini2Olives
    ValerieMartini2Olives Posts: 3,024 Member
    Options
    That's definitely a bummer and hopefully you're A-ok, but any accident can happen at any time. If you burn yourself while cooking, are you going to stop cooking? If you fall down the stairs, will you never use stairs again? If your house catches on fire, will you stay homeless?
  • mulsas
    mulsas Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    I got hit by a car in college, she turned in front of me and I flipped over the hood. Aside from some road rash I was OK, the gash in the top of my helmet showed me that it did its job. The good thing was she stopped, her insurance covered the replacement of my bike, plus a little extra (about $40 of that extra went to a keg for the fraternity house, ahh, good times).

I never really had a problem getting back on the bike, the key is learning from it. Even though it wasn't my fault, I should have been paying better attention and anticipated that she wouldn't see me. I spend a decent amount of time on a motorcycle now too, and the skill is the same. Keep your eyes open, assume they won't see you, and then be prepared to react if you need to.

Enjoy yourself and be safe.