Options
    Great job!
  • misscaseymac
    Options
    Wow look at you !!! :)
  • angelams1019
    angelams1019 Posts: 1,102 Member
    Options
    omg I literally LOLed @ Choco Chunk!! hahahaha Love it!!

Congrats babe! Thats awesome!! :drinker:
  • Anna_Joys_Journey
    Anna_Joys_Journey Posts: 253 Member
    Options
    Congratulations!!

I am still in "two-riffic territory" (I like that!), but on my way to "ONEderland". I start C25K today. I'm apprehensive...but ready to do this! :)

Good job to you!!!
  • TMcChamp
    TMcChamp Posts: 165 Member
    Options
    AWESOME WORK! well done!

PS i love that you took a pic! I shgould have taken one the other day when i ate and then ran... 2km in there may have been vomit!
  • bornofthorns
    bornofthorns Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    AWESOME WORK! well done!

PS i love that you took a pic! I shgould have taken one the other day when i ate and then ran... 2km in there may have been vomit!

Sometimes a lil unplanned vomiting is the sign of a good workout. I have a friend that is a big runner, they shared (I have no idea why) about how one time they ran until they peed them self on a bench. I would take vomiting over that!
  • lcantrell65
    lcantrell65 Posts: 228 Member
    Options
    That Chocochunk comment was really funny. I have a friend who named her evil alter-ego that made her want to eat. I thought I might name mine too. You have inspired me now. I think my alter ego will be called the vanilla puff!

Great job. And you can see the look of achievement in your photo! Keep it up.
  • TabbiKat15
    TabbiKat15 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Great Job! I really want to do a 5K! But I've just learned running on elipitical feels quite different than running on actual pavement. How long does it normally take to get to that level?
  • bornofthorns
    Options
    That Chocochunk comment was really funny. I have a friend who named her evil alter-ego that made her want to eat. I thought I might name mine too. You have inspired me now. I think my alter ego will be called the vanilla puff!

Great job. And you can see the look of achievement in your photo! Keep it up.

I like Vanilla Puff...much less disparaging than Cream Puff...lol
    Side note: cream puffs are delicious and I just made myself hungry!:angry:
  • sandhillsmom
    sandhillsmom Posts: 319 Member
    Options
    Way to go! You are motivating and so encouraging !! Congrats on the 5K and the loss so far!!
  • bornofthorns
    Options
    Great Job! I really want to do a 5K! But I've just learned running on elipitical feels quite different than running on actual pavement. How long does it normally take to get to that level?

YES!! It is much, much different. There is a certain amount of kinetic energy and centripetal force that propels you through an elliptical workout that is not there on pavement. It is also more impact on your legs (obviously) with pavement.

For me, I started walking in around February, and running around late March. I used an app on my Android called RunDouble. It has a bunch of training programs in it and doubles as a GPS. After doing some of the general RD interval training exercises for about a month, I went ahead and bought the C25K app (within RD) and started that. This was in late April. Then I just kept trucking. I made sure to start doing weight training that strengthened my core and squats for my legs. Then it is just mind over matter! Slow and steady...then start working on speed.
  • schuagah
    schuagah Posts: 15
    Options
    I just started C25K this morning, and I can't wait to get to the milestone you just hit! Congratulations! :drinker:
  • jessizona80
    jessizona80 Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    SO cool!! Congrats!!
  • 2kidsandatrip
    2kidsandatrip Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    You look amazing, you've done a great job and your story definitely gives me inspiration. I am in the 250 range and on a lot of days feel like it's impossible, but to see such a wonderful change in you and others that have come such a long way is what reminds me that it is not hopeless. Thank you for sharing.
  • Sweetestthing87
    Sweetestthing87 Posts: 276 Member
    Options
    This is so wonderful.. keep at it. You are doing great. Sometimes I forget that you just have to get out there and do it. Amazing things happen when we put ourselves out there and don't use "I CAN'T". :glasses:
  • faefaith
    faefaith Posts: 433 Member
    Options
    Congrats!!!!!:smile:
  • CorvusCorax77
    CorvusCorax77 Posts: 2,536 Member
    Options
    oh HELL YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • fredf2112
    fredf2112 Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    Don't be crazy! 5k is a gateway race. If you're not careful you'll be looking at 10ks and half marathons. :laugh:

Seriously, I applaud your fantastic accomplishment and your commitment. Thank you for posting and encouraging others.
  • UsedToBeHusky
    UsedToBeHusky Posts: 15,229 Member
    Options
    Very inspiring!
  • ckee1862
    ckee1862 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    I am super pumped, We are doing Run or Dye here in Houston in September. Way to Go on beating your times and pushing yourself!!!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!