Best meal replacement shake, uk

Options
2»

Replies

• selina884
    selina884 Posts: 826 Member
    Options
    Get up 10 minutes earlier and prepare yourself a salad or sandwich

You clearly don't have very young babies ;)

ah, that patronising card that every single mother uses because (wait for it) shes the only mother in the world.
  • mbritten75
    mbritten75 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    You should check out Body By Vi. The shakes taste great and fill you up!!
  • goofyteacher
    goofyteacher Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Premier Protein shakes. They have chocolate and vanilla flavors. They have 30 g of protein, 160 calories, 3 g fat, and 1 g of sugar. They taste great. I actually like the taste better than slim fast. I buy the shakes at Costco, but I have seen them at other stores as well.
  • toutmonpossible
    toutmonpossible Posts: 1,580 Member
    Options
    I've used Lebrada Lean Body for Her, which I see is available through Amazon UK. It's much more expensive than in the U.S. I liked the Vanilla flavor more than the Chocolate. Best results with a blender. I tried a blender bottle. I use a small personal blender.

Good luck.
  • toutmonpossible
    toutmonpossible Posts: 1,580 Member
    Options
    homemade soup
    How on earth would I heat soup?

You could heat it in the morning an put it in a thermos, but I responded earlier with a shake suggestion. I always try to answer the OP's question unless it is obviously unhealthy.
  • FeebRyan
    FeebRyan Posts: 738 Member
    Options
    Get up 10 minutes earlier and prepare yourself a salad or sandwich

You clearly don't have very young babies ;)

ah, that patronising card that every single mother uses because (wait for it) shes the only mother in the world.

Sorry I forgot I was on a website where humour seems to be bypassed

Rather ironic that you are labelling me as patronising here though...
  • FeebRyan
    Options
    homemade soup
    How on earth would I heat soup?

You could heat it in the morning an put it in a thermos, but I responded earlier with a shake suggestion. I always try to answer the OP's question unless it is obviously unhealthy.

Thanks for answering the exact question, the truth is I am not organised enough (shock horror etc)
  • arcticfox04
    arcticfox04 Posts: 1,011 Member
    Options
    Its not a shake but I like the Met-Rx Protein Plus bars. Decent amount of protein 29-31g and low sugar 1g-4g. I've tried most of them and they seem pretty good.
  • 1Larken
    1Larken Posts: 8
    Options
    We have microwaves at my job and when I'm in the field, I can stop at 7/11 or a hotel lobby or even home to warm my lunch up. But that's me.
  • FeebRyan
    Options
    I've used Lebrada Lean Body for Her, which I see is available through Amazon UK. It's much more expensive than in the U.S. I liked the Vanilla flavor more than the Chocolate. Best results with a blender. I tried a blender bottle. I use a small personal blender.

Good luck.

My local health food shop seem to do a variety of meal replacement powders with much less sugar than the slim fast and lots more protein which sounds great to me! I think they Might do some ready-made ones too which would be fantastic

I think i am going to start making them up with almond milk and peanut butter in the mornings, to take with me and have a couple of ready mades of whatever variety just in case.
  • krystalweber9
    Options
    I use Shakeology and I love it. I figure anything that contains 5 servings of veggies in one shake...and tastes good...is worth it lol. Except I am starting to like veggies now after forcing them down my throat.
  • FeebRyan
    Options
    I use Shakeology and I love it. I figure anything that contains 5 servings of veggies in one shake...and tastes good...is worth it lol. Except I am starting to like veggies now after forcing them down my throat.

Not available in the uk
  • bewilder82
    bewilder82 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Vega One!!! I recently decided to go on a meal replacement diet ( 2 shakes, 1 meal and snacks in between) and searched for something that would be healthy vs. just filling like other m.r. diets (slim fast). I did my research and found Vega One to be the best fit for me. It's plant based vs. all soy or dairy proteins and is FULL of vitamins and lots of fiber. I've never done shakes before and it took me a little to get used to the texture (fiber=slight grittiness) but the flavors are great and mixed with almond milk makes it absolutely delicious!
  • skimbo82
    skimbo82 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Have found USN Diet Fuel Ultralean to be pretty good, its available in chocolate, vanilla or strawberry 1000g tubs - 2 scoops per serving = 193 calories approx. Myself and my partner have started taking it for breakfasts and you can use water or skim milk to make it up. I've even seen it for sale in Tesco but you can get it cheaper on Amazon. A friend who was doing the Cambridge Diet told me about it and said it was the most like the shakes available on that plan but no where near as expensive.
  • FeebRyan
    Options
    I went down today and was helped by a wonderful and very large muscly man!

They are called mpf and they seem great, I've not tried one yet but he was really nice and gave me a free shaker!

Going to have one tomorrow and will see how I get on!