Need help! - green coffee bean and rasberry ketone

Options

Replies

• neandermagnon
    neandermagnon Posts: 7,436 Member
    Options
    For once in my life Im not trying to take the easy way out.... just trying to give myself a bit of a boost. Going to try and take the green coffee been and the rasberry ketone together. Girl at GNC said I wont see results right away... will take at least 2 weeks to do something. Hopefully will have some good feedback!

it won't give you a boost. It'll just make you lose from your wallet.... it's a con, basically. They want the money of people who are desperate to lose weight... which is how you describe yourself in your OP.

you've tried all this stuff before (not raspberry ketones, but other kinds of diet pills) and it hasn't worked for you. That's because they don't work for anyone. Maybe in the short term, but the weight piles back on. This time you need to do something radically different, in fact you need to change your whole mindset.

- don't focus on losing weight quickly, focus on how you're going to maintain your goal weight for life. I know you're not at goal yet, but what you do now to lose weight, you'll have to keep doing to maintain it, so you need to ensure that whatever changes you make, you can stick to them for life.

- instead of trying to find the next diet, make small, sustainable lifestyle changes, e.g. doing some kind of physical activity that you enjoy and will be able to stick to. Find ways to make your favourite meals healthier, e.g. substituting ingredients, adding more fruit/veg etc.

- set your goal on MFP for 1lb a week loss, and eat all your MFP calories and also eat back exercise calories. This may seem slow, but what you are aiming at is long term maintenance, so it doesn't matter if you take longer to get there as you're going to stay at your goal weight for life.

- use a kitchen scale to weigh your food so your food diary is accurate. Log your exercise carefully and honestly

- enjoy your food... in order to stay in your goal you will need to be careful about portion sizes, you'll need to make a few healthy substitutions and some foods you won't be able to have as often, but you still should aim to really enjoy your food, because this is a new lifestyle change that you're going to maintain, so you stay at your goal for life. You're not trying to punish or torture yourself, you're simply learning how to enjoy eating while taking in fewer calories so you can slowly and steadily lose fat until you're at your goal weight, then stay there for life because you really enjoy your new lifestyle.

- some exercises are more beneficial than others, exercises that work your muscles hard are important.... but the most important thing is that you'll stick to it in the long term, so your main criteria for choosing any exercise or physical activity is enjoyment and being able to stick to it. So do what you enjoy and what's easy for you to keep on doing.
  • j6o4
    j6o4 Posts: 871 Member
    Options
    Way to lose weight::::

Diet: 75%
    Exercise: 24%
    Supplements: 1%

Abs are made in the kitchen, Exercise makes them bigger, supplements give you the little edge to help.

This x 1 000 000
  • redraidergirl2009
    redraidergirl2009 Posts: 2,560 Member
    Options
    The op doesn't want advice it seems. She hasn't responded at all to anyone's comments.
  • meeper123
    meeper123 Posts: 3,347 Member
    Options
    GNC is just looking to get your money just eat better you will lose weight
  • meeper123
    meeper123 Posts: 3,347 Member
    Options
    Way to lose weight::::

Diet: 75%
    Exercise: 24%
    Supplements: 1%

Abs are made in the kitchen, Exercise makes them bigger, supplements give you the little edge to help.

This x 1 000 000

For sure my fav quote "you can out eat a good exercise program but you can't out exercise a good diet"
  • Ready2Rock206
    Ready2Rock206 Posts: 9,488 Member
    Options
    For once in my life Im not trying to take the easy way out.... just trying to give myself a bit of a boost. Going to try and take the green coffee been and the rasberry ketone together. Girl at GNC said I wont see results right away... will take at least 2 weeks to do something. Hopefully will have some good feedback!

You can throw your money in the street and likely get the exact same results. But if you have money to waste more power to ya.
  • FredDoyle
    FredDoyle Posts: 2,273 Member
    Options
    Hey whatever is going to help Ill take a chance and try it. If it don't work only thing I loose is $10.. Why am I a sucker for that?
    Welcome to the placebo effect. If you want to throw your money away, give it to a charity.
  • CrystalDreams
    CrystalDreams Posts: 418 Member
    Options
    Feel free to take offense, but you're going to have to suck it up and use will power. Until then, nothing on gods green earth is going to keep that weight off you. So, start small, watch what you eat, drink water, work out when you can, and stop stuffing your face with sweets every day.

Of course there are supplements that will make you lose weight. Cocaine, adderall, caffeine,and all known diet pills... but once you stop using them the weight will pile back on.
  • shadow113
    shadow113 Posts: 1
    Options
    It's always a good idea to read amazon reviews for things like this. The amazon reviews are very misleading in this case though. NEVER trust a company that gives incentives to get god reviews. This company offer free bottles of pills in exchange for positive reviews which I think stinks. There are a lot of negative reviews and unhappy customers.

There is no easy way to loose weight and keep it off. Self-regulation is like a muscle, you need to practice your will power and it will get easier and easier to resist. You also need to learn to walk away from treats. Same as everything in life, you need self-control and to work hard. If you learn the good eating and exercise routines they will become sencond nature and will always help you.
  • mrslynah
    mrslynah Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    I haven't used this product, but I have a friend who takes excellent care of her body and is at ideal weight but used them to trim a stubborn inch or so from her belly. Her report was that it suppressed some cravings and urges to snack, so yes, an appetite suppressant, and that yes, it provides an energy boost, but not jitters.

If you are the type of person who needs a pill or a book or shiny sneakers or a skinny pair of jeans hanging in the mirror to give you that extra boost, then do it. As everyone said, you will have to bust your *kitten* either way.

Green coffee bean extract is an antioxidant, so it's not going to hurt you. You should be sure the one you are using does not have any fillers. Best of luck on your health and weight loss.
  • thisismeraw
    thisismeraw Posts: 1,264 Member
    Options
    Hi I just bought the Green Coffee Bean diet pills last night. I heard many great things about them. They are not going to work unless you go on a low calorie diet and excercise at least a little bit. They help with the weight loss. If you are doing My Fitness Pal and staying within your daily calories and take the Coffee Bean, It is supposed to help you loose twice the weight. Good Luck!

The only way you will lose weight with those pills is due to the low calorie diet and the exercise. A pill will not make you lose twice the weight. It's a load of crap. I would return them if you can as they are simply a waste of money.

A diet pill company can say whatever they want. Their claims are not reviewed by the FDA and there is really no proof to any of their claims.
  • Ready2Rock206
    Ready2Rock206 Posts: 9,488 Member
    Options
    I have been on diet pills my whole life and learned the hard way.

:huh: Obviously you didn't learn anything if you're back to taking more pills.
  • adnamalegna
    adnamalegna Posts: 203 Member
    Options
    Green Coffee Bean Extract and Raspberry Ketones: Truth or Hype? - http://s.shr.lc/14pyPDc

The raspberry keytones can not only impair your weight loss, they can INCREASE weight gain- not to mention raise your blood pressure. Don't believe everything a TV doctor says.
  • I_Will_End_You
    I_Will_End_You Posts: 4,397 Member
    Options
    Welcome to the placebo effect. If you want to throw your money away, give it to a charity.

Or me. She can give it to me, too.
  • KeepGoingKylene
    KeepGoingKylene Posts: 432 Member
    Options
    The raspberry ketones are horrible! The green coffee bean do work for me though and I do agree with a multivitamin, but I did not take the green coffee bean for long. I also took it to jumpstart and get me going and I do agree it worked, but I only took them for a month and then that was it. You shouldn't have to rely on them after that. I don't know why they would suggest you take both, that I would say is just a money grab for sure!

Good luck on your journey!
  • AngieS7680
    Options
    I take 500mg of Raspberry Ketones 2x's daily. I've not changed much with my diet other than counting calories and watching my portions. I've lost a total of 15lbs already. If that makes me a sucker... I'll take it. :happy:
  • Artaxia
    Artaxia Posts: 185
    Options
    I take kelp, clp?, vitamin b, super b complex, 5-htp, calcium and maybe another vitamin. Anyway, I've noticed that I'm not as hungry as normal when I take the vitamins. I take them at night though, because 5-htp makes you tired. I use the 5-htp to balance my emotions, since having my baby...but it's been known to help with weight loss too.

I also took MFP calories down by 200 and I'm actually losing now. go figure :P
  • jeffd247
    jeffd247 Posts: 319 Member
    Options
    I take 500mg of Raspberry Ketones 2x's daily. I've not changed much with my diet other than counting calories and watching my portions. I've lost a total of 15lbs already. If that makes me a sucker... I'll take it.

Yeah um isn't counting calories the one change you need to make anyways? Have you tried your calorie deficit and some exercise without that product to see if you are still losing?

I personally think this stuff is snake oil and I learned to avoid GNC. They were always trying to sell me some crap I didn't need when I just went in there for whey powder.

If you have the money to throw at that stuff... and you are happy... that's all that matters. I just wouldn't bet a nickle that you could hang the success of your weight loss on Raspberry Ketones.

./skeptical
  • madaleingericke
    madaleingericke Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    Gimmicks, methinks.
  • BrianSharpe
    BrianSharpe Posts: 9,248 Member
    Options
    Hi I just bought the Green Coffee Bean diet pills last night. I heard many great things about them. They are not going to work; but diet and exercise do. They will not help with the weight loss. ............

there, I fixed it for you.......
    I take 500mg of Raspberry Ketones 2x's daily. I've not changed much with my diet other than counting calories and watching my portions. I've lost a total of 15lbs already. If that makes me a sucker... I'll take it. :happy:

that's all you need to do, the raspberry ketones have nothing to do with it........