Who likes Frappuccinos.. how about a 100 cals one!

Options
jrich1
jrich1 Posts: 2,408 Member
I have a machine that does this, but this could be done in your blender but put it in the blender in order below..

2 cups of ice
1/2 cup of skim milk (40 cals)
4 tea spoons of pumpkin spice coffee creamer (around 60 cals)
2-3 packets of Truvia sweetner (could use real sugar if you even need it)
8oz of brewed coffee

Turn on and blend till its smooth, 100 cals and dirt cheap (sure not $5) to make and very tasty my machine makes very similar looking to Starbucks, I sprinkled some pumpkin pie spice on the top.

makes 12-16oz

Replies

• st27
    st27 Posts: 101
    Options
    I Love Frappuccinos !!! I will try this one out. thanks for sharing.
  • mandijo
    mandijo Posts: 618 Member
    Options
    I also make my own! It's not exactly a recipe because I kind of just do a little here and there, but it did come out to 100 calories. I just use coffee, ff milk, any flavor liquid/powder creamer, and some sugar. I pop it in the freezer for a half an hour and it's the perfect consistency, or I just drink it cold like that! Soooo tasty!
  • hungrymarathongirl
    hungrymarathongirl Posts: 444 Member
    Options
    Thanks. I have one too. This one has about 90 cals.

1 cup milk
    2 pkg Splenda
    1 tbsp Maxwell House instant flavoured coffee - calorie wise or sugar free
    1 cup ice cubes

Blend all ingredients in a blender.
  • madcatwechanged
    Options
    Do you cool the coffee before you make it?
  • jrich1
    Options
    Do you cool the coffee before you make it?

Nope, my machine drops it into the blender as soon as its brewed
  • mizyvee
    mizyvee Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the recipe. I will give it try with just a little tweek. Sugarfree hazelnut creamer instead of the pumkin spice. I have a great margaritaville machine that I can use to make the frapp (since I'm playing a little hooky with the spirits for now :cry: at least it can be used for something, lol)
  • amandabrady
    amandabrady Posts: 203 Member
    Options
    The recipe looks great! You said you had a specific machine you use, do you mind sharing what brand it is? My boyfriend is obsessed with Starbucks and frappucinos, he would love this!
  • pandanichols
    pandanichols Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    OMG thank you for this recipe I love frappes and I've been wondering myself if I could make a low cal one at home. Thanks a lot I will be making these for my husband and I really soon. :)
  • jrich1
    Options
    The recipe looks great! You said you had a specific machine you use, do you mind sharing what brand it is? My boyfriend is obsessed with Starbucks and frappucinos, he would love this!

Mr Coffee Cafe Frappe.. about $70 at Target, I sold my Keurig to buy it
  • jrich1
    Options
    Thanks for the recipe. I will give it try with just a little tweek. Sugarfree hazelnut creamer instead of the pumkin spice. I have a great margaritaville machine that I can use to make the frapp (since I'm playing a little hooky with the spirits for now :cry: at least it can be used for something, lol)

Definately would be good with different flavors of creamers
  • showers1989
    showers1989 Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    wow you just saved the day. :) i live in the same parking lot as a mcdonalds and dunkin donuts. their both a 2minute walk away. right after i had my son and was really busy id stop and always grab a frappe(same as a frappucino) or an iced coffe from dunkin donuts. This is why i didnt initially lose weight that helps me to know theres a way i can still have my favorite treat bc trust me ive been tempted many times since starting this to stop in the middle of my walk and run in mcdonalds instead for a frappe. Now maybe ill treat myself to one of these every so often. Thanks so much for the recipe
  • jrich1
    Options
    Bump for morning people
  • ashtonscoggins
    ashtonscoggins Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    OMG! Thank you soo much! Everyday when I go to our mail room there is a java coffee store there that I just look at sadly and drool over. I thought I would never have a Frap again!
  • page68
    page68 Posts: 220 Member
    Options
    keeper
  • tootsie3
    Options
    Here is mine....its for a mocha though...

Heat about 1/4 cup water in the microwave for 45 seconds
    then in a cup add
    2 tsp of instant coffee
    1 tsp cocoa
    1tsp sugar free vanilla coffee creeamer
    3 packets stevia
    add the hot water to melt the ingredients
    add around a cup of skim milk and ice and enjoy...
    You could also add sugar free raspberry syrup
    and you can also prepare it in the blender for a frap
    This is similar to hungrygirl.com recipes
    you can also use 2 tablespoons of sugra instead of sweetner if needed and it still keeps you under 150 cals
  • XrayCat
    XrayCat Posts: 2
    Options
    I have the same machine and use it daily. I absolutely love it! I also make a frap for about 100 calories. I'm addicted and it's totally guilt-free and way cheaper than Starbucks. I even use fat-free Redi-Whip whipped cream in a can, about 15-calories worth. Delicious!!!!