Never Biking Again

Options
2»

Replies

• misscaseymac
    Options
    So, so scary. I bike all over San Francisco and I am always careful but accidents do happen. One thing that I wear on my helmet is a little rear view mirror- it helps me see behind me before I change lanes etc. I know it's dorky but that thing has saved me a million times.

And, OP, don't stop biking but if it scares you taking a break for a few weeks might do the trick :)
  • TyTy76
    TyTy76 Posts: 1,761 Member
    Options
    IT WAS THE DRIVERS FAULT. For the people who think I didn't obey the law...I did it was the lady who was not paying attention. I had right of way the light was green

Whoa
    No one said that you didn't obey the law, or that it was your fault.
  • LitaRose77
    LitaRose77 Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    That's definitely a bummer and hopefully you're A-ok, but any accident can happen at any time. If you burn yourself while cooking, are you going to stop cooking? If you fall down the stairs, will you never use stairs again? If your house catches on fire, will you stay homeless?

^^ This. Never be too scared to get back on....you can't stop living your life due to fear. I am glad you are OK...now go grab life by the horns!!
  • Southern_Belle_LA
    Southern_Belle_LA Posts: 931 Member
    Options
    That happened to me about 2 years ago and I took a year to recover fully and the following year I won 6 volleyball championships. I only bike on trails and bike paths now. You can be safe but you can't be stunted!! Get after it!

Wow good for you! What happened to you in terms of injuries?

I was very fortunate that I didn't break anything but I did have many fractures and terrible pain. I was in a wheelchair for awhile but I couldn't stand relying on other people and not getting around as easy so I was on crutches for several weeks. The fractures healed and only every now and then when I do some really hardcore cycling or rough roads do I have any soreness.
  • musicmint
    musicmint Posts: 469
    Options
    That happened to me about 2 years ago and I took a year to recover fully and the following year I won 6 volleyball championships. I only bike on trails and bike paths now. You can be safe but you can't be stunted!! Get after it!

Wow good for you! What happened to you in terms of injuries?

I was very fortunate that I didn't break anything but I did have many fractures and terrible pain. I was in a wheelchair for awhile but I couldn't stand relying on other people and not getting around as easy so I was on crutches for several weeks. The fractures healed and only every now and then when I do some really hardcore cycling or rough roads do I have any soreness.

That's amazing wow...I'm sorry but its great that you are doing it again!