Jillian MIchael's 30 Day Shred?

Just wanted to know if anybody's used it? My boyfriend's mother used it and she said it worked really well and she said she would give the tape to me. Wanna know good stuff and bad stuff. Thanks!

Replies

• draby2011
    draby2011 Posts: 178 Member
    I have ripped in 30 but from what I have heard, Jillian Michael's is killer and gets results no matter what video you do! She is hard and believe me, sometimes I just want to lay on my floor and cry (lol exaggeration of course) but when you stick to it, It really does work. I'm still sore from the week 1 version of ripped in 30 that I did 2 days ago!
  • My goodness! Sounds crazy! I'm hoping it works. Thanks!
  • jaznon
    jaznon Posts: 68 Member
    I am on day 7 level 1 of 30DS. It sure gets me sweating up a storm and I feel it the next day. I have tried it a couple of times but things always come up and I don't finish...The first time I did it I REALLY felt it the next day. But since I have done it a few times I don't get as sore. It is worth it! I also have her Ripped in 30 and her FastFix Kickboxing DVD. I love them all :) Go for it and good luck! I hope to put before and after pics when I get done :)
  • Thank you! I am hoping to do the same. I'm determined to start and finish this one!
  • danywalt
    danywalt Posts: 2 Member
    I feel your pain!

I have been running/walking for the past month and a half, got the ripped in 30 DVD this weekend. I injured my back last week so I wasn't going to do the whole week 1 routine, just watch it through the first time Sunday night. I did about 5 minutes Sunday and was still sore yesterday. I couldn't wait any longer to start the program so I did the whole week 1 last night thinking this morning I would not be able to walk as I was shaking with fatigue after the workout, surprisingly I wasn't as sore this morning as I was Monday morning.
    I have 15lbs to go in my weightloss journey.

Excited to see results in 30 days! Good Luck to you!
  • ks4e
    ks4e Posts: 374 Member
    There are groups on here with members currently using it. I started it a few months back but had to stop because I jumped into it too soon after my baby. I am now starting up again.

Just a few things that I feel are worthy enough to be mentioned:

-If you don't have too much to lose, you might discouraged by the less than magnificent numbers on the scale. Don't stop! Rely on measurements instead. Take pictures to track your progress.

-Don't be afraid to go beyond 5 lb. weights with this work out. If you find that your smaller weights are "too easy," intensify things with heavier weights.

-You have to watch your diet as well.

-Don't be afraid to take rest days even if JM says it's meant to be done daily. Listen to your body.

For more inspiration, search for the "30 Day Shred results" threads on here. They're AMAZING!
  • UNLESS19
    UNLESS19 Posts: 118
    i've done the 30 day shred and loved it! I really felt myself tightening up, didn't see much weight loss myself but i was loosing! and that's all with just 30s and maybe the odd walk every day :)
    I'm now doing ripped in 30 haha and almost done :) lost over 15lbs already, nit much but that's even with the few lazy days/take-outs :) it does make you hot, sweaty and want to lie on the floor whilst doing it though, but that's due to her hitting the same muscles haha after the workout you'll be like right, awesome. lets shower :)
    I'm sure you'll love it and try another jillian :)
    Only bad thing i found was keeping up to begin with as i got confused with how to do things but that's partly due to dyspraxia XD
    Good luck! :D
    <3
  • ingeh
    ingeh Posts: 513 Member
    Im doing 30ds/ripped in 30 and banish fat boost metabolism. BFBM is done 3-4 days a week and 30DS/RI30 is done 4-5 days a week. This is my first week of that rotation so Im hoping for good results. I lost 1in from my waist in 2 weeks with RI30 a month back so hoping this helps