almost 30 pounds gone, but don't feel a difference.

Options
MissTattoo
MissTattoo Posts: 1,203 Member
Obviously there is a difference. I can see it in my photos....sorta. I haven't gone down a dress size. I haven't gone down an underwear size. I haven't gone down a cup size. In fact, my boobs feel BIGGER! Then I read people who have lost 10 pounds and gone down 4 dress sizes and I'm like what?

Okay, I'm not trying to be an attention *kitten*, but would you believe I lost 30 pounds?

First photo 315 pounds. Last photo 288 pounds.

83be3ea6-d4b5-440d-ad7c-c1de23363d5d_zpsabf1346a.jpg

I just want to go down a dress size! Anyone else lose a a big chunk of weight and not had any difference in clothing?

Replies

• ldnmaggie
    ldnmaggie Posts: 222 Member
    Options
    I can see the difference!
  • AnninStPaul
    AnninStPaul Posts: 1,372 Member
    Options
    Yes! you have a waist!
  • adswillis27
    adswillis27 Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    I lost 40 lbs and only went down 1-2 pants sizes. Hang in there. It takes time to see and especially feel the difference.
  • meredith1123
    meredith1123 Posts: 843 Member
    Options
    oh girl that waste of yours is decreasing!!! you should be taking measurements!!!! I bet you'd see an inch or two difference in many places!!! It is VERY noticeable in the pictures.

Focus more on BF% and your measurements than worrying about the scale.
    It makes a difference!!!
  • MissTattoo
    Options
    It sucks because it's like I'm working hard and eating fairly okay (lol) and I'm still in a size 18 dress. Maybe I won't have drastic results until I'm under 250. More time to save up for pretty dresses I suppose.
  • LassoOfTruth
    LassoOfTruth Posts: 735 Member
    Options
    You can see a difference. I've lost 60 pounds and the only thing that's left is one of my triple chins and a cup size. Lolz. You'll reach a point where 10 pounds will make a huge difference.
  • AimeeHxxx
    AimeeHxxx Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    There is a difference a massive difference and you've done amazing so far! You may be in the same sized clothes but I bet they feel better on you! A little bit looser and can move around in them easier.
    Have you tried measuring yourself on a monthly basis so you can see where your loss has gone if even you can't see it as such.
  • trixiemou
    trixiemou Posts: 554 Member
    Options
    You can see a lovely difference. Even if you have not yet gone done a dress size your clothes must look and hang much better on you.

It is going in the right direction, you look great!!
  • grentea
    grentea Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    Yes, you look like you lost weight. Maybe you can try on a pair of pants that don't fit well to track your weight loss; that is what I do.
  • healthymelisa
    healthymelisa Posts: 166 Member
    Options
    You look great, I can definitely see a difference!
  • mefrogger44
    Options
    I see you now have a waist. I have been killing myself doing INSANITY every night and the only difference I see is my clothes fit better and I now have a waist. It will happen, just takes a life of commitment. and healthier choices.
  • refinedredbird
    refinedredbird Posts: 209 Member
    Options
    It depends on where you are losing the weight. I am more pear shaped so the top half of my body loses weight a lot faster than my lower half. I have lost 50+ lbs but only went down about 1.5 pant sizes so far, but I used to wear 2x shirts and now I am a medium-large. Don't get discouraged!
  • faith_76
    faith_76 Posts: 199 Member
    Options
    I believe it. I can see a difference, especially in the waist and hips. Perhaps the boobs seem bigger because everything else is shrinking faster. I haven't dropped 4 sizes by loosing 10 pounds. I'm sure there is a big difference in how your clothes fit. I know I could "fit" into some clothes when I should have gone up a size (at least) and now they are baggy. Keep up the good work
  • gpiercebutler
    gpiercebutler Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    I've lost 30 pounds too and don't see it it fell it at all. I'm still wearing the same clothes as I did before. However lots of people have commented and I've lost 3 1/2 inches from hips and waist so it must be happening. I'm banking on it making more of a difference as I get closer to goal. I think if I've lost that much and I can't see surface fat lost then I must be so much healthier because it will have come off of the fat in my arteries etc
  • MissTattoo
    Options
    Yes, you look like you lost weight. Maybe you can try on a pair of pants that don't fit well to track your weight loss; that is what I do.

I do. I have a pair of 14's and 16's that I use to fit into. I still can't get the 16's over my hips and I'm like omg I'll have to lose 100 pounds to even get into a 16!!!!

I know...it's just one of those days and I feel like I've been working out since December and even though I measure and see the inches falling off, I want to buy smaller clothes!!!!!
  • akern1987
    akern1987 Posts: 288 Member
    Options
    Hey girl,
    i have the same issue, I started around your same weight, and I have lost almost 20lbs and I have not gone down a size. It can be frustrating, especially because my BFF is also losing, and because she is only 5'4, and I'm 5'9 you can see changes in her way more drastically than me (i also have a lot more to lose). just keep on going!
    you are doing great...and at the end of the day, what size you are, what the scale says, none of that matters as long as you are feeling good!

Good luck!
    :drinker:
  • Samstan101
    Samstan101 Posts: 699 Member
    Options
    I was the same until I started doing weights as well as cardio and in the space of 6 weeks I've gone down 1-2 sizes. I've lost an inch off my waist, my biceps & thighs in the last 2 weeks alone (and only lost 5lbs in that time). So if you aren't doing weights then consider it :) And well done on your weight loss so far!
  • pwnderosa
    pwnderosa Posts: 280 Member
    Options
    You look great and it looks like your clothes are fitting better? Don't stress it, clothing sizes mean nothing anyway and you can totally see the difference in your shape! Soon enough you will be annoyed at having to replace all your bigger clothes! ;)
  • AnneSoCal
    AnneSoCal Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    How tall are you? I'm 5' 8" and even if I lose 20 pounds, not only does no one notice, but I don't go down a size in clothes. As a matter of fact, last year I lost 36 pounds in 4 months (I've gained back 22 but am back on the wagon!) and I barely went down a size. I was in an 18 and could kind of fit into a 16. Still, I could feel and see the difference.

So don't be discouraged at all! I can definitely tell that you've lost weight! Keep it up, you'll be down several sizes before you know it!
  • mrswine
    mrswine Posts: 263 Member
    Options
    I have lost 47 pounds and have only gone from a 18 to a 14. I want so badly to be a 12! I have very evenly distributed weight in an hourglass figure. So, when I lose it takes a long time for people to notice and for my clothes to go down in sizes. Keep at it!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!