Before and During Pics!!!!!

Options
Amber030583
Amber030583 Posts: 490 Member
So I thought I need a little inspiration and also want to be an inspiration to everyone that may just be stuck on the evil word "plateau". During this lifestyle change you WILL hit Plateaus! They suck! Trust me I KNOW! DO NOT get discouraged. This has been a journey for me.

I lost 100 pounds back in 2003. Recovering from a back injury to only gain it plus some during pregnancy and "sperm donor" chaos! I have over come it and I hope you too will over come your obstacles and plateaus.

2008 - May Finally had it once I saw this picture of me at my sons 2nd bday party.

[img4933847256_b1ffed4cf5.jpg
100_0522 by amber030583, on Flickr
[/img]

2008 - October Not much progress yet. Wasn't serious enough apparantly

4933253061_1617a115f4.jpg
100_0415 by amber030583, on Flickr

2009 - Last summer...Holy Crud I made it to 175!!!! I was sooo close to my goal!
4933849484_279660d67f.jpg
023 (3) by amber030583, on Flickr

Then I gained 50 pounds back while losing a job and then getting one that all i did was sit down at a desk.

I HAVE HAD IT WITH THIS ZIG ZAG in my weight!!!! Thankfully I have found MFP! :)

This is me tonight. After my workout and at an amazing 198! I have lost 12 pounds so far thanks to MFP.
4933826438_4f4efcf7c2.jpg
198 by amber030583, on Flickr

These were taking with my phone. Sorry for the poor quality.

4933824174_2e0e5e4022.jpg
198 side profile by amber030583, on Flickr

hehe this one you can see my butt is starting to defy gravity! HEHEHEHE

Just the moral of my story is that please do not give up on yourself and this DOES TAKE TIME.

Use patience with this lifestyle change. i have about 43 more pounds to go and I know it will be a process.

WE CAN DO THIS!

Replies

• Amber030583
    Options
    GRRR I followed the directions I saw on here....Why aren't they working....plus you cant even see the links...
  • cynthiaj777
    cynthiaj777 Posts: 787 Member
    Options
    GRRR I followed the directions I saw on here....Why aren't they working....plus you cant even see the links...

I follow the directions too, and they won't work. I have no idea! Sorry.
  • Amber030583
    Options
    WOOOHOO I figured it out!
  • raeannefowler
    Options
    You are doing awesome! You will look fabulous for your wedding (read your profile). Just remember that the journey is not over once you walk down the isle. I looked smoking for my wedding but gained about 10 pounds on my honeymoon and kept going up from there. Just a little advice. BTW your son is sooo cute! Congrats
  • Amber030583
    Options
    You are doing awesome! You will look fabulous for your wedding (read your profile). Just remember that the journey is not over once you walk down the isle. I looked smoking for my wedding but gained about 10 pounds on my honeymoon and kept going up from there. Just a little advice. BTW your son is sooo cute! Congrats

Thank you so much. Yes, I am starting to realize that I can't eat and act the same way I used to. Nothing really gives me a reason to not keep working on myself. i just don't like the way that it makes me feel to be bigger. I enjoy being able to tie my shoes while I am breathing. Sad huh?
  • hozik
    hozik Posts: 369 Member
    Options
    Thanks for sharing your pics and the motivation-you can tell you work out! Wishing you continued success! Can't wait till I break 200 again!
  • mindymoe1
    Options
    amber,you look awesome!!
  • maddentm
    maddentm Posts: 10
    Options
    Congrats Amber! on getting back to the 100's. I can't even remember the 100's and also thanks for the encouragement. I started my journey on July 19th at 235 and am now 217 so far, I weigh in again on Sunday. Thanks again!
  • mabeyta
    mabeyta Posts: 3
    Options
    I agree you are looking beautiful. I am sure your future husband is gonna be mesmerized when he see's you walking down the isle. Good job. keep it up. :love:
  • smuehlbauer
    smuehlbauer Posts: 1,041 Member
    Options
    Rock on girl! Keep up the awesome work that you are doing. You'll get to your goal in no time!
  • jamie_savage
    Options
    You look great! Congrats on the 100's, can't wait to get there myself!
  • brendac72
    brendac72 Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    Woo Hoo!!!! You look great...keep up the good work!!!
  • Julbella78
    Julbella78 Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    Congrats!! I too had "sperm donor" issues that caused me to comfort eat during my pregnancy and never stop. It took four years but I am finally taking charge too. Good luck in your journey and thanks for the inspiration.
  • MickeyLeigh
    Options
    Great job!! You look great!!
  • ktbug1186
    ktbug1186 Posts: 266
    Options
    you look so good!! Its people like you that keep easily swayed people like me on track! Thanks for the inspriation! :D
  • cparter
    cparter Posts: 754 Member
    Options
    You have the right successful attitude. Thank you for posting and I am glad we are friends. Hugs of support.
  • HealthyChanges2010
    HealthyChanges2010 Posts: 5,831 Member
    Options
    You have an awesome attitude! I can see you reaching goal with no problem:drinker:
  • themommie
    themommie Posts: 5,023 Member
    Options
    thanks for sharing. I have no doubt you can do this. I am looking forward to seeing your after pics
  • NH_1970
    NH_1970 Posts: 544 Member
    Options
    Congratulations! and thanks for posting these they are encouraging
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!