Here's how I lost 115 pounds

Options
12345679»

Replies

• dearly4ever
    dearly4ever Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    Wow amazing!!! Thank you for sharing your story. You are truly an inspiration. Keep up the great work :)
  • LYNN8SUPERSTAR
    Options
    Wow you are amazing!! outstanding job!!
  • TheSwoleMinister_deleted
    Options
    Fantastic dude!! What a great success story! :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile:
  • Cannon_G
    Cannon_G Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    All I can say is WOW!!! I am having a week of wanting to rebel and eat what I want, but you have given me the willpower to carry one and not cheat. I must admit I am doing a C25K and sometimes I come home with sore calfs, having run in the rain and wind and think I must be mad. But after reading your topic, I know I'm not mad, I just want to be healther and fitter. Well done you are definately an inspiration and I will be trying to take photo's after my running and hopefully I will see the results over the days and weeks and months just as you have.

You are a Star :happy:

Thanks for the kind words. I know it's a cliche but the hardest part of the workout for me is getting the strength to get out the door. I think I am a little crazy though because the bad weather days are my favorite. I actually prefer it when I don't see any other runners out. It gives me a little more energy knowing that I am doing the tough workouts. One of my favorite runs ever was running with a snow that wasn't sticking to the ground. It was one of my last long run days before the WDW Half and I ran 15 miles with snow falling. Anyone can run when it's sunny and 72 but it takes real willpower to run on those brutal days.

One great way to get rid of calf pains is to use a foam roller when they are sore. I was very skeptical when I read about people praising them but after getting one I can't recommend them enough. Also on my long run days I have had great results taking alka seltzer immediately after the run.

I definitely know how tough it is to stop eating whatever you want to but trust me there is nothing that tastes as good as being healthy. Good luck, I am rooting for your success.
  • Cannon_G
    Options
    Fantastic! I also started on April 30th of 2012. Your running success is very inspirational, as I have just recently decided to start training for a 10K after doing several 5ks in the past year. Great job! You look fantastic.

Thanks, that's very funny you started on the same day last year. Reminiscing those tough first weeks have been fun. Last Fourth of July was the day I posted the first picture on Facebook where friends were blown away by my weight loss.

Good luck with the 10k training. Having done several 5ks you should have no problem moving up to the 10k. The key is not to get intimidated by the distance. I use the Gallloway run-walk-run method to get me thru the longer distances. Some running purists say you have to run from start to finish but I can tell you I can finish faster with walk breaks built in. If you have any questions or if I can help let me know.
  • itsanatalia
    itsanatalia Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    What a change! Congratulations on your hard work. I love the idea of taking a picture after every workout. I think I'll give that a try.
  • Cannon_G
    Options
    What an incredible transformation in such a short period of time! I am truly encouraged by your story! I tend to do just as you said, I sike myself out before I really give myself a chance! I label myself a failure before I even truly start the race. This is what I needed! I'm going to take plenty of pictures and use that as my fuel! Thank you again, and keep up the good work and spreading your story! :happy:

Thanks for the kind words. For so many years I just bought into the hype that it's impossible to lose weight. I thought why even try I am going to fail. In reality all it takes are making the right choices each day. Good luck and let me know if you need any tips or advice.
  • Cannon_G
    Options
    You look great. Well done. Who knows what the impact of your decision may be on the long term health of others who have watched you get back in shape. Taking our health seriously has ripple effects - for our spouses, kids, extended family & friends.

Keep going...

Thanks, it's true it's been awesome seeing our whole family get healthier. Our whole family ran the Color Run a few months ago and had a blast.
  • welly5
    welly5 Posts: 293 Member
    Options
    Wow!! That is a huge huge difference. Your face looks so well defined (jealous of cheekbones)

Great idea to take a photo after workouts.. wish I had started that long ago
  • sweetcurlz67
    sweetcurlz67 Posts: 1,168 Member
    Options
    Great commitment and dedication!!! You have done an amazing job!!! Great example for your son. :flowerforyou:
  • Cannon_G
    Options
    I wanted to post a late summer update to the thread. Over Labor Day I ran the Inaugural Dumbo Double Dare Challenge at Disneyland. The Challenge consisted of a 10k on Saturday followed by a half marathon on Sunday. This was my second half ever and even though I trained for the back to back running I wasn't sure how I would do. Race weekend was much more hot and humid then everyone expected but it was so much fun. In January I ran my first half at WDW and finished in 1:56:44. I was able to push myself in Disneyland and I ended up finishing the Disneyland half in 1:53:06. The crazy thing is it the race took place almost 16 months to the day from my first day running. Here is a comparison picture from one of the early days running and a pic after last nights run.

9863b621-7145-40db-9979-a5c0f88c27af.jpg

Yesterday I signed up for my first full marathon. In January I will be running the Walt Disney World full marathon. I am also going to be taking part in the Goofy Race and a Half Challenge. On Saturday I will be running the half and then the next day running the full. I am super nervous but I am looking forward to it.
  • sushpandey
    sushpandey Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    wow, thats really inspiring success story. thanks for sharing.
  • michnjoe
    michnjoe Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Inspiring story. Congratulations!!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!