Replies

• shezll
    shezll Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    and here we go again :yawn:
  • castelluzzo99
    castelluzzo99 Posts: 313 Member
    Options
    I think you'd be better off eating fresh fruit or vegetables in an equivalent amount. A lot of baby food has way too much added sugar and/or salt (getting us started on bad dietary habits as soon as possible). MFP recommendations are no less than 1200 net calories per day for most people and I've read a lot of messages on these boards where people are losing weight eating quite a bit more than that.

Um, since when does baby food have added salt and sugar? I have a baby that has been eating baby food for 6 months, and after I introduced processed table food (that is, food we eat) a couple of months ago, I had to add salt to the baby veggies to get him to eat them. We're talking a tiny pinch, mind you. I understand that the OP is talking about the little jars of food.

Now, if you're talking about all the other gimmick foods, like crackers and toddler meals and such, I have no idea. I never use them. I transition my babies from purees to whatever we're eating as soon as they are ready.

However, I would say that seriously, that diet sounds ridiculous and expensive. You would do much better to eat the raw fruits and veggies!

And yeah, if you're only eating 3 jars per meal, then you are NOT eating enough. My 7-month-old was able to eat 3 jars per meal. What's going to happen is you're going to pig out on dinner or else you're going to mess up your metabolism or something crazy like that from eating too little. Give the baby food to a needy mother and eat real food, please!
  • ldrosophila
    ldrosophila Posts: 7,512 Member
    Options
    You know in some cultures they actually pre chew the food for their teething infants. Would that be a good diet eating the prechewed food in small quantities. You could skip the middle man entirely not waste giving all your money to gerber and enlist the help of you loved ones.

If thats the case, anyone that wants to go on this diet please message me and I'll be happy to prechew your food. Indicate if you want the food moistened with saliva, water, milk, or juice. Then I can mail it to you.

Great idea!
  • ldrosophila
    ldrosophila Posts: 7,512 Member
    Options
    Out of all that, all I got was baby food diet...and all of sudden magical breasts filled my horrible filthy mind...and then I was like is it all I can eat? Im in if that's the situation;)

Too high in fat and sugar! Think of all that lactose adult humans weren't meant to drink milk. Gah think!
  • Brenda_Pancakes
    Brenda_Pancakes Posts: 288 Member
    Options
    when do all the gifs start?

tumblr_ll85bqaio41qj0vs3o1_500.gif

Hey thanks

*kitten*. I'm never going to sleep again.
  • Candi_land
    Candi_land Posts: 1,311 Member
    Options
    I feel bad for whomever has to use the bathroom after you..

2s7t2iw.gif
  • Warchortle
    Warchortle Posts: 2,197 Member
    Options
    Any food diet that doesn't support nutritious whole foods and moderation isn't worth doing.
  • sunshyncatra
    sunshyncatra Posts: 598 Member
    Options
    Fresh fruits and veggies also come in portion control sizes. Eat them.
  • PikaKnight
    PikaKnight Posts: 34,971 Member
    Options
    when do all the gifs start?

tumblr_ll85bqaio41qj0vs3o1_500.gif

Hey thanks

*kitten*. I'm never going to sleep again.

oreally.gif
  • beckizzle
    beckizzle Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    dafuq.jpg
  • skullshank
    skullshank Posts: 4,324 Member
    Options
    this new fad diet.

ummm-no.gif

tumblr_ltvyi9DXGo1qjokxe.gif
  • MyProgressISYour1Proof
    MyProgressISYour1Proof Posts: 376 Member
    Options
    oh my lol.

no.
    B069Ujo.gif

Trog you rock!!!!
  • whierd
    whierd Posts: 14,026 Member
    Options
    So I've been hearing a lot about this new fad diet. The diet itself make sense, you eat baby food for breakfast and lunch then eat a sensible dinner. The baby food is portioned and on average is about 50-80 calories a jar or pouch. So I decided to try it. But I've been sticking to the fruit flavored baby foods of obvious reasons (What sounds better, apple and mango or snow peas and squash?). Anyway the average fruit pouch of baby food has 10-14 grams of sugar. Could this cause high blood sugar? I normally eat 3 baby food pouches and a small dinner. Which puts me a little less than 1000 calories a day. (The HHS says that 1000 calories is considered a safe calorie intake for weight lose in woman).

I'm sorry that you feel it actually makes sense.
  • PikaKnight
    PikaKnight Posts: 34,971 Member
    Options
    Anyone wondering now if the OP has to carry jars of baby food with her when she goes out for lunch with her friends? Oh man, could you imagine dating someone who just whips out some baby food for breakfast the morning after? Awwwwkkkwwwaaarrrddd...
  • miranda_mom
    miranda_mom Posts: 873 Member
    Options
    ^^^ I actually was wondering that as well, yes.
  • MyChocolateDiet
    MyChocolateDiet Posts: 22,281 Member
    Options
    Hey guise, this diet actually exists and it's not a new fad and I've seen it around here. And yes joylia that's exactly what would happen someone would pull out a jar of Peach Gerber at their desk and it would be like all normal. For however many weeks they tolerated it. And they would think they were so cool. And it was so stupid.

Anyways. Girly you don't need to eat Baby Food. Even if your cool friends are doing it, admit it, it's GROSS! Even the fruit ones taste yuck! I know because I went to a baby shower where it was part of a game to eat some blindfolded and etc...boring details. Even the peach one is yuck.

You can still lose weight by eating regular food just slightly less than your body needs. Go google TDEE to figure out that amount.

Wheird you are right...it is truly sad that it makes sense. But the calorie restriction is the part making sense to her.
  • AnvilHead
    AnvilHead Posts: 18,344 Member
    Options
    Hey guise, this diet actually exists and it's not a new fad and I've seen it around here....
    Popular with the ana/mia crowd, I'd wager.
  • susannamarie
    susannamarie Posts: 2,148 Member
    Options
    Hey guise, this diet actually exists and it's not a new fad and I've seen it around here....

Also with the 'I believe there's a magic bullet' crowd.
  • Woomytron
    Woomytron Posts: 253 Member
    Options
    Have you ever TASTED baby food. Um, YUCK. Most Moms/Dads out there have. I know I always tasted stuff I was giving to my son at that age. Its gross... and bland. Eat healthy "grown" up food, count your calories and get active... period.
  • MyChocolateDiet
    MyChocolateDiet Posts: 22,281 Member
    Options

Actually with regular grown ups too. Puzzling. Seriously.