butt help!

2»

Replies

• Perplexities
    Perplexities Posts: 612 Member
    Squats all day everyday will give you that *kitten* you always wanted, nothing else needs added to this thread.

Simple, as that.

No offense but you don't even look like you lift.
    Then you said no one else needs to contribute to this thread.
    Where did you get such an idea that simply squatting and nothing else is all OP ever needs to do, to help her achieve her ideal physique?
  • BrownEyeAngel
    BrownEyeAngel Posts: 331 Member
    Just do Insanity. You will get a butt that is for sure!
  • PetulantOne
    PetulantOne Posts: 2,131 Member
    Squats and deadlifts.

Mines gotten smaller, but higher. I also had cellulite when I started, that's almost 100% gone.
  • ItsCasey
    ItsCasey Posts: 4,021 Member
    If you are not doing heavy barbell hip thrusts, you are not reaching your full glute potential.
  • ladytinkerbell99
    ladytinkerbell99 Posts: 970 Member
    There are a lot of exercises that promote glute perkiness and roundness. Check out 'Strong Curves' by Bret Contreras for exercises beyond squats and lunges. There is no guarantee that you'll get any bigger, but you'll get stronger, and whatever you've got will be rounder and firmer.

I agree. :)

bump

Agreement from me also.
  • KANGOOJUMPS
    KANGOOJUMPS Posts: 6,474 Member
    Brazilian butt works wonders.
  • MyChocolateDiet
    MyChocolateDiet Posts: 22,281 Member
    There are a lot of exercises that promote glute perkiness and roundness. Check out 'Strong Curves' by Bret Contreras for exercises beyond squats and lunges. There is no guarantee that you'll get any bigger, but you'll get stronger, and whatever you've got will be rounder and firmer.

Agreement from me also.

I got it on a tip from BinaryPulsar! Also, since I've been doing the Strong Curves exercises, some nagging adductor pain I'd been having has cleared up.

Thank you for this extra bit of info. Sometimes I still get residual pains like that and since I fear workouts sometimes, this is good to know that it might actually make it better.
  • wswilliams67
    wswilliams67 Posts: 938 Member
    Heavy squats, heavy lunges, heavy stiff-legged deadlifts

"heavy stiff-legged deadlifts" are called Romanian Deadlifts.

Make sure you use proper form for the best result. You want strong glutes not a trip to Snap City.

Squats. Squats. Squats.

If you are afraid of the barbell or don't have access to a squat rack then Goblet squats with a heavy dumbbell will work for a while.
  • bikinisuited
    bikinisuited Posts: 881 Member
    Squats are great, but there are lots of exercises for glutes. The old buns of steel videos didn't have squats. Also Ballet lifts your butt. Pilates has glute moves as well.

Bad knees, squats are out, but my butt doesn't sag because I do lots of exercises for glutes.

I will be checking out Strong Curves though as well.

I have arthritis and a baker's cyst on my knees and squats and lunges are out for me as well. Ballet Beautiful is excellent with leg circles, variation of glutes bridges and super hard but worth getting a bubbly butt. Check out Ballet Beautiful...http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mfP1OG7rs_o&feature=player_embedded#at=11
  • BinaryPulsar
    BinaryPulsar Posts: 8,927 Member

Agreement from me also.

I got it on a tip from BinaryPulsar! Also, since I've been doing the Strong Curves exercises, some nagging adductor pain I'd been having has cleared up.

Thank you for this extra bit of info. Sometimes I still get residual pains like that and since I fear workouts sometimes, this is good to know that it might actually make it better.

Bret Contreras is very clear that having injuries can shut down the glute activation. He recommends many variations of the exercises, so that a person can work their way up from a workable starting place in order to be working the muscles correctly and not aggravating injuries. It has helped me with my knee injuries as well. It's just really wonderful to be able to do the heavy lifting, compound moves, but in the way that works for my body. He also emphasizes proper form before going even heavier. I also like The New Rules of Lifting for Life.
  • MyChocolateDiet
    MyChocolateDiet Posts: 22,281 Member

Agreement from me also.

Bret Contreras is very clear that having injuries can shut down the glute activation. He recommends many variations of the exercises, so that a person can work their way up from a workable starting place in order to be working the muscles correctly and not aggravating injuries. It has helped me with my knee injuries as well. It's just really wonderful to be able to do the heavy lifting, compound moves, but in the way that works for my body. He also emphasizes proper form before going even heavier. I also like The New Rules of Lifting for Life.

Great info...thanks!