Replies

• MelStren
    MelStren Posts: 457 Member
    Options
    I use it in place of sour cream...
  • __Di__
    __Di__ Posts: 1,630 Member
    Options
    This is a really serious deal. I have to help out everyone here. So here it is.........Do not try Plain nonfat Greek yogurt.....It tastes like poo. Glad i could help.

You must have eaten one that had gone off, the ones I have had always taste lovely.
  • Carnivor0us
    Carnivor0us Posts: 1,752 Member
    Options
    Nonfat Greek Yogurt DOES indeed taste like chalk.
  • wolfchild59
    wolfchild59 Posts: 2,608 Member
    Options
    The first time I tried nonfat greek yogurt I only got a couple of bites in before I threw out the rest of the container. It left the same taste in my mouth that vomiting does.

I read up on sweetening options and decided to give it another go. I never really fell in love with it, but I found different things that I could add without adding too many carbs or too much sugar. (never had understood the idea of taking something so high protein/low carb/mid-level sugar and then just making it as carb and sugar loaded as a regular yogurt or sugary snack)

I eventually lost my taste for it overall. Even sweetened or with my other add-in options, it just stopped tasting good to me. So now I only pick up a container if I'm in a situation where I don't have any other snack options and want something with protein.
  • SassyCalyGirl
    SassyCalyGirl Posts: 1,932 Member
    Options
    your taste buds are WACK!

and I have never eaten POO to know what it tastes like!
  • triciaj66
    triciaj66 Posts: 253 Member
    Options
    Mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm I love greek yogurt mixed with other yogurt or fruit
  • rockerbabyy
    rockerbabyy Posts: 2,258 Member
    Options
    i cant do plain nonfat without adding something..usually its fruit and/or granola, if im not mixing it into smoothies... but it makes a great sour cream substitute. i also like to mix it with peanut butter and chocolate chips to spread on apple slices >.>
    full fat plain fage is amazing, i can eat it plain and it tastes more like yogurt than sour cream to me. i dont need to add anything to enjoy it, though sometimes i still do
  • footiechick82
    footiechick82 Posts: 1,203 Member
    Options
    Love it! Eat it everyday :)
  • MelsAuntie
    MelsAuntie Posts: 2,833 Member
    Options
    Plain greek yogurt plus pureed fresh fruit makes a great lassi. Especially with mango nectar and fresh strawberries.
  • vjohn04
    vjohn04 Posts: 2,276 Member
    Options
    You did it wrong. Plain Greek yogurt is meh tasting, I agree. However, mix it in with some fresh fruit or favorite flavored protein powder and a dab of sweetener it tastes pretty damn awesome.

^this.
  • SoDamnHungry
    SoDamnHungry Posts: 6,998 Member
    Options
    68qyyf.gif

OhGodWhy?!
  • KarmaxKitty
    KarmaxKitty Posts: 901 Member
    Options
    68qyyf.gif

I've seen some pretty creepy things on this site...

...but DAYUM.
  • oldernotwiser
    oldernotwiser Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    I CANNOT stand Greek Yogurt. I've tried so many different times to eat it. So many different flavors, brands, recipes, etc. and I just cannot like it. I tried to have some for breakfast this morning and I just kind of ate the fruit of the top of it and ended up having a bowl of cereal instead.

Yes, amen! Greek yogurt tastes horrible. I don't know why people like it so much. I like light yogurts. It is cool if others like it, but I just can't stand the taste. I feel like I'm eating moldy, curdled milk that was left in the sun for a week.

I can't eat it either.... the texture reminds me of whale snot! I'm just not a dairy eater.

And you've had the opportunity to eat whale snot where exactly?