Belly fat.

Options
Okay so all my life since I was little I had a stomach and I started to suck in my stomach and I still do till this day suck it in. I have a little round stomach, I look a month pregnant, Anyways I wanted some exercises that could get rid of my stomach fat so I can get it flat,

This is my exercising routine.
Day 1 - Running and walking too
Come home and do 5lb dumbbell side bents 50 times each side

Day 2 - Do 50 squats holding my 5lb dumbbells in both hands.

What are some exercises that I can do myself without anything, just using my own body.
I can't afford to to out and buy a DVD or anything like that. I want to achieve it by using my own self.
I also can't afford a guy so I'm doing this myself till the end.

What kind of exercises can I add to Day 2's which is two times a week or should I add it to Day 1's which is three times a week. ( I'm taking Saturdays and Sundays off)

Replies

• MrsMcMullen
    Options
    I have the same problem. I have found that just RUNNING is busting my belly fast right off!
  • ldilone13354
    ldilone13354 Posts: 125
    Options
    I have the same problem. I have found that just RUNNING is busting my belly fast right off!

Really? How long do you run for? I can run for like 20 seconds lol and then back to speed walking I go.
  • j6o4
    j6o4 Posts: 871 Member
    Options
    You can try some HIIT
  • DreaMuffin
    DreaMuffin Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    Tiffany Rothe has some amazing youtube exercises that help strengthen your core. It's a cardio type workout as well so it really works. Have a look for 'booty shake' on youtube - i know, sounds funny but it really does help!! Jillian Michaels has a standing abs one too that kills me!
  • Capt_Apollo
    Capt_Apollo Posts: 9,026 Member
    Options
    try this strength training routine on alternate days. http://www.nerdfitness.com/blog/2009/12/09/beginner-body-weight-workout-burn-fat-build-muscle/

start running more often. if all you can run is for twenty seconds spurts today... then tomorrow it's twenty five seconds. but i hope you're not running flat out like you're trying to medal at the olympics. a light jog is fine.
  • rcclcruiser
    rcclcruiser Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    Read the Belly Fat Diet book, by the Editors of Prevention Magazine. I did and learned a lot. It is a great diet and exercise program.
  • PikaKnight
    PikaKnight Posts: 34,971 Member
    Options
    Can't spot reduce. You will have to lose the overall body fat and that is done by eating at a calorie deficit.

As for exercises that don't really require equipment, look into Convict Conditioning, You Are Your Own Gym, and search through Bodybuilding.com's exercise database.
  • SusanB148
    SusanB148 Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    Unfortunately, some of us seem to be made that way -- we can look almost too skinny everywhere else and have belly fat. I think it often has something do do with your genes.
  • Capt_Apollo
    Capt_Apollo Posts: 9,026 Member
    Options
    Unfortunately, some of us seem to be made that way -- we can look almost too skinny everywhere else and have belly fat. I think it often has something do do with your genes.

what ever you have to tell yourself as an excuse.
  • xclassiqx
    xclassiqx Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    HIIT workout i.e., zwow, zcut, tabata training, running with sprints thrown in there. Create a sandbag where you can have heavier weights for cheap and add them to your body weight exercises. Doing some heavy lifting might be what you need.
  • bornofthorns
    bornofthorns Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    Google is an amazing thing. Just google something like "ab exercises" or "belly busters" and you can find Youtube videos, charts, etc and build your own exercise routine. You can also utilize apps if you have a smartphone.
  • soonpass
    soonpass Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    try this strength training routine on alternate days. http://www.nerdfitness.com/blog/2009/12/09/beginner-body-weight-workout-burn-fat-build-muscle/

start running more often. if all you can run is for twenty seconds spurts today... then tomorrow it's twenty five seconds. but i hope you're not running flat out like you're trying to medal at the olympics. a light jog is fine.

This website is awesome! Thanks for sharing!
  • merryberry99
    merryberry99 Posts: 350 Member
    Options
    I'm struggling with the same issue. I found this article interesting.

http://www.today.com/health/25-ways-flatten-your-belly-summer-741996