Diet Coke - aspartame- Could this be true?

Options

Replies

• Mirabilis
    Mirabilis Posts: 312 Member
    Options
    Actually, it was my fault. I substituted C4 for aspartame in that fellow's drink.

They won't let me into the bottling plant anymore. :explode:

Mirii
  • JoyJulRay
    JoyJulRay Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    Guess I will be waiting for my neck to fall off cause I am not giving up my once aday diet coke. Maybe this was the joke of the day..lol.
  • HealthyChanges2010
    HealthyChanges2010 Posts: 5,831 Member
    Options
    Actually, it was my fault. I substituted C4 for aspartame in that fellow's drink.

They won't let me into the bottling plant anymore. :explode:

Mirii
    I bet I can get your job back... Steph is a friend of mine, she's got heavy stock in Asperatame....she's got clout!:smokin:
  • HealthyChanges2010
    Options
    Guess I will be waiting for my neck to fall off cause I am not giving up my once aday diet coke. Maybe this was the joke of the day..lol.
    Well not everyone's neck does, so good chance you've got yours to keep!:wink::flowerforyou:
  • HealthyChanges2010
    Options
    Structure in life is sometimes a good thing.
    a very good thing!:wink: Plus laundry facilities in the building are bonus!:bigsmile:
  • HealthyChanges2010
    Options
    <snip> "JUST SAY NO AND STAY AWAY FROM POP! <snip>

shhh......quiet everyone, the pop police are on the premise!:glasses:party0027.gif
  • HealthyChanges2010
    Options
    I drink diet coke, and I have scoliosis, probably related right?? Hope my back doesn't fall off....I mean generally speaking the area between my neck and my hips are what I'd like to dissapear but man...that'd just be a mess! :drinker:
    Look out for that lil toe as well, you don't want to lose him! Sure it's all blamed on Aspartame and Red dye #94840233.4, they are responsible for pretty much whatever happens bad in this world, crime, spoiled milk, stubbed toes, you name it, they're too blame!:angry::wink:
  • HealthyChanges2010
    Options
    I drink diet coke, and I have scoliosis, probably related right?? Hope my back doesn't fall off....I mean generally speaking the area between my neck and my hips are what I'd like to dissapear but man...that'd just be a mess! :drinker:

you'd better be careful, if your whole back falls off in one go you'll look a bit soft and collapsed round the middle. The trick (and, having done this myself I can promise it's reliability) is to drink just enough diet coke each day to cause a little bit of your back to fall off each day, giving your front time to take up the task of torso support. Careful not to go overboard though - if your front starts shooting off, it's time yo switch to water.
    oh you're GOOD, you're very very good! We're lucky we have an expert in the field among us here tonight. :smokin:
  • HealthyChanges2010
    Options
    HERE IT IS AS A PROFESSIONAL IN THE FITNESS INDUSTRY.
    Well, that settles it. Thank you so much - we all know that it is almost impossible to become a professional in the fitness industry. It's not fair for you to discuss this with us! It's like the ultimate ace-of-spades trump card.

Now if you were an expert and not just a professional, I wouldn't even respond out of humility.
    :tongue:
  • HealthyChanges2010
    Options
    bwwwwwwwwwwhahahah I like this thread.......and all of you funny funny ppl in it:wink::smooched:party0027.gif Drinks are on ME tonight! Anyone taking this thread too seriously needs to chill out and have a glass of Aspartame with us.....laughter is the best medicine and can make life so much more fun as well!!party0035.gif
  • 2BSuccessful
    Options
    Look out for that lil toe as well, you don't want to lose him! Sure it's all blamed on Aspartame and Red dye #94840233.4, they are responsible for pretty much whatever happens bad in this world, crime, spoiled milk, stubbed toes, you name it, they're too blame!:angry::wink:
    Aspartame ... Red dye.... CRIME??? Now I will have an answer for my parents when they ask me how I could have gone so wrong in life.
  • MissSusieQ
    MissSusieQ Posts: 533 Member
    Options
    QUOTE:
    oh you're GOOD, you're very very good! We're lucky we have an expert in the field among us here tonight.

Look, I don't mean to gloat, but yes, youre very lucky to be consulting with an expert in the field of selective body part shedding.

Obviously mr neckless overdid it, and as a consequence has nowhere to drape his beach towel, but don't let that put you off, in the right hands this diet coke demon additive can be mighty useful. And tasty. But bad. But tasty.
  • HealthyChanges2010
    Options
    QUOTE:
    oh you're GOOD, you're very very good! We're lucky we have an expert in the field among us here tonight.

Look, I don't mean to gloat, but yes, youre very lucky to be consulting with an expert in the field of selective body part shedding.

Obviously mr neckless overdid it, and as a consequence has nowhere to drape his beach towel, but don't let that put you off, in the right hands this diet coke demon additive can be mighty useful. And tasty. But bad. But tasty.
    You've got every reason to gloat, besides it's better than feeling bloat!

Well, he may have overdone it, or he may have simply gotten a hold of bad batch somewhere along the way, ya know expired or something? I hear it can do wonders cleaning up messes. Why just the other day I poured a can on my Kitchen floor and stepped in it with my tar covered shoes...ate that stuff right off it! Need to get another pair of laces for them now though.....
  • HealthyChanges2010
    Options
    Aspartame ... Red dye.... CRIME??? Now I will have an answer for my parents when they ask me how I could have gone so wrong in life.
    Least now they'll know it wasn't your fault you went wrong in life....
  • countrymama08
    Options
    Twinkies! Twinkies!

They made me do it. (I drank them with the diet coke to negate the calories so I did not log them either.)
  • HealthyChanges2010
    Options
    Twinkies! Twinkies!

They made me do it. (I drank them with the diet coke to negate the calories so I did not log them either.)
    It only makes sense to me........ anything eatin with yummy poison is calorie-less!
  • 2BSuccessful
    Options
    Twinkies! Twinkies! They made me do it.
    Ah ha, a defense attorney is among us!
  • x_Redeemed_x
    Options

ah ha, a defense attorney is among us!

Great point. This is my answer to the pop police - I'm not saying this stuff is great for you, or healthy, but calling it poison is just silly. Have you seen Class Action Lawsuit advertisements for Avandia? Mesothelioma? Heard of the tobabcco lawsuits? These lawsuits are where attorneys work for free until the big payday because they know they have a case that can be proven.

If sodas could be PROVEN as toxic, poison, etc, you would see commercials all day long about becoming part of the class action lawsuit - makie sensie?
  • HealthyChanges2010
    Options

ah ha, a defense attorney is among us!

Great point. This is my answer to the pop police - I'm not saying this stuff is great for you, or healthy, but calling it poison is just silly. Have you seen Class Action Lawsuit advertisements for Avandia? Mesothelioma? Heard of the tobabcco lawsuits? These lawsuits are where attorneys work for free until the big payday because they know they have a case that can be proven.

If sodas could be PROVEN as toxic, poison, etc, you would see commercials all day long about becoming part of the class action lawsuit - makie sensie?
    I think we'll be needing more than 1 guy losing a neck to get a lawyers attention over this one!
  • Sauchie
    Sauchie Posts: 357 Member
    Options
    Some believe Aspertame in diet sodas break down in the body to formaldehyde which is used as embalming fluid but this is unproven.

I have been drinking diet coke. Most of my life (21 years now). An average of 2-3 cans a day for 21 years. and well my heads still on my shoulders. Its the only soda i can drink