p90x diet advice! :)

Options
Am starting P90x from today, and saw that i should try to eat 40-50% proteins during the first phase?

Any ideas about meals?? I work approx 10=12 hrs/day...so eat out a lot..and healthy high protein to-go food ideas will be greatly appreciated!

Thanks in advance! :)

Replies

• ProTFitness
    ProTFitness Posts: 1,379 Member
    Options
    You might want to add in whey protien powder and make shakes. One of the top ones out there is Iso Sensation 93. I get it at GNC no sugar no artifical crap and 30g protien per sccoop. Check it out
  • BOGmama2010
    BOGmama2010 Posts: 599 Member
    Options
    Check out my diary. I eat a 40/40/20 plan for P90X. Not today though - it's my rest day, my ratios will try to be there, but my calories aren't as high. Sunday through Friday though on my logs are good days to look at. :)
  • aliciasjourney
    Options
    Hi!

I'm a coach for beachbody, so if you ever nehave any questions, let mek now! Chicken obviously is great! I pre-cook a lot of it and sprinkle over salads. Ground Turkey... you can make chili to take with you. Also, if you get unprocessed turkey to take with you.

I also eat a lot of greek yogurt. Chobani is REALLY good and high in protein. Cottage Cheese is also excellent.

You should also look into shakeology. I think it's the best stuff every made. Your coach should have some and be able to send you a sample.

I'm doing P90X too! I've lost 30 pounds and I feel GREAT! You're going to LOVE it!

Alicia
  • aliciasjourney
    Options
    You might want to add in whey protien powder and make shakes. One of the top ones out there is Iso Sensation 93. I get it at GNC no sugar no artifical crap and 30g protien per sccoop. Check it out

Protein is GREAT! I so agree! In phase 2 of the X I put it in my oatmeal. =)
  • dougsheldon
    Options
    Yeah a whey supplement is good. Try protein bars too. But always check the ingredients and don't get one those loaded with sugar and crap.
  • bride2be112010
    Options
    I am just starting the P90x this week! Any suggestions for someone who is on the go constantly? I end up just grabbing unhealthy foods because they are more convenient :(
  • aliciasjourney
    Options
    I am just starting the P90x this week! Any suggestions for someone who is on the go constantly? I end up just grabbing unhealthy foods because they are more convenient :(

Can you cook and freeze some meals? I have a really good chicken chili recipe. Shakeology... again (I know I sound like a broken record) is GREAT for on the go. It also reduces cravings. If you have a coach, ask them for samples.

You can buy sandwich turkey from the store, just make sure that it's not processed. String Cheese can be good... greek yogurt, chicken for salads!

IF you're absolutely in a HUGE pinch.. subway has some good options and the Jack in the Box Chicken Fajita pita is good... Even though I HATE recomending fast food....this will at least give you some options!

A little planning ahead can go along way. P90X is a GREAT program and I would love to say that all you have to do is workout and you'll be set.. but the truth is, diet and nutrition is 90% of the program. Let me know if you need any help! I'm a beachbody addict and I LOVE P90X.
  • spicygal123
    Options
    aliciasjourney- i would love to know ur chicken chili recipe...can u plz share? also, i just added u as my friend...will love to stay in touch with u and keep myself motivated! :) And rest assured...i might have tonnes of ques for u..hope thats gonna b fine! :)

also...i will try eating more turkey, and i love chobani greek yogurt! :)

dougsheldon - i just got a whey protein powder from GNC..it has 23 g protein..hope its gonna be helpful :)
  • spicygal123
    Options
    PROTfitness- i will definitely check the protein supplement u mentioned. thanks! :)

BOGmama - i looked at ur diary, and i saw that a major amount of ur protein (i looked up just one day) was from Premier Nutrition Chocolate Protein Mix - is it diff from the regular whey protein mixes?? thanks! :)
  • edorice
    edorice Posts: 4,519 Member
    Options
    I recommend BSN Syntha-6 protein. It good enough to just mix with water and ice. I agree that in the first phase you should adjust your food GOALS on myfitnesspal to take in 40-50 grams of lean protein a day.
  • bride2be112010
    Options
    Any recipes you have would be great. I do have the whey protein I use in shakes. I honestly ALWAYS feel hungry. I always am trying to cut out the snacking in between meals but it doesn't end up happening. Any good protein bars that won't make me a fatty before my wedding :-) ? I do try to plan ahead alot of the time, but I am just out of college and honestly I just started cooking. I used to just eat fast food 2-3x's a day.
  • BOGmama2010
    BOGmama2010 Posts: 599 Member
    Options
    PROTfitness- i will definitely check the protein supplement u mentioned. thanks! :)

BOGmama - i looked at ur diary, and i saw that a major amount of ur protein (i looked up just one day) was from Premier Nutrition Chocolate Protein Mix - is it diff from the regular whey protein mixes?? thanks! :)

Spicy - it's just a whey protein formula that is one of the better tasting ones. I use it because as a mom of 3 boys, I need something quick and easy sometimes to take on the road to eat/drink.
  • aliciasjourney
    Options
    aliciasjourney- i would love to know ur chicken chili recipe...can u plz share? also, i just added u as my friend...will love to stay in touch with u and keep myself motivated! :) And rest assured...i might have tonnes of ques for u..hope thats gonna b fine! :)

also...i will try eating more turkey, and i love chobani greek yogurt! :)

dougsheldon - i just got a whey protein powder from GNC..it has 23 g protein..hope its gonna be helpful :)

Here it is! I got it off of allrecipes a long time ago and took some things out.. it's delicious this way!

Ingredients
    1 onion, chopped
    1 (16 ounce) can chili beans
    1 (15 ounce) can black beans
    1 (15 ounce) can whole kernel corn, drained
    1 (8 ounce) can tomato sauce
    2 (10 ounce) cans diced tomatoes with green chilies, undrained
    1 (1.25 ounce) package taco seasoning
    3 whole skinless, boneless chicken breasts

Directions
    1.Place the onion, chili beans, black beans, corn, tomato sauce, and diced tomatoes in a slow cooker. Add taco seasoning, and stir to blend. Lay chicken breasts on top of the mixture, pressing down slightly until just covered by the other ingredients. Set slow cooker for low heat, cover, and cook for 5 hours.
    2.Remove chicken breasts from the soup, and allow to cool long enough to be handled. Stir the shredded chicken back into the soup, and continue cooking for 2 hours.