Greek Yogurt?

Options

Replies

• fitinyoga14
    fitinyoga14 Posts: 448 Member
    Options
    In my opinion, Chobani or even Fage are the brands to buy with. (i've tried Trader Joe's and i thought it was reallllly bitter.) I buy fat-free and different fruit flavors as well as plain. Vanilla greek yogurt is good mixed with oatmeal and fruit to make a sort of parfait. (that's a popular breakfast of mine.) The plain is good to serve as a creamy base to another recipe such as dips, spreads, and desserts. To make your own fruit flavored yogurt, mix plain with fresh fruit and a scoop of fruit preserves to sweeten.

A huge part of my daily diet is yogurt because I depend on it for digestional health as well as my favorite source of calcium.
  • dinos
    dinos Posts: 1,390 Member
    Options
    Well, I do live in Greece and I eat Fage 2% all the time. Mostly plain but if I want something sweet I add a teaspoonful of honey
  • telcochik
    telcochik Posts: 1,643 Member
    Options
    I eat 1/2 cup Fage 2% yogurt every afternoon with 1 tsp honey, 1/2 banana, and 1/4 cup Ezekiel original cereal. High protein and fiber snack and not a lot of sugar.
  • lauralynette
    Options
    Greek Gods Honey flavor is super yummy with fruit!

this is the brand that I eat as well, it is rich and creamy in compairson to yogurt,I like to use as dessert and it is lower on the glycemic index.
  • orangegalt
    Options
    fage 0% is great--i buy the big container and eat a half cup (60 cals) at a time, mixed with 1 tbsp of hershey's sugar free chocolate syrup (8 cals).
  • sbilyeu75
    sbilyeu75 Posts: 567 Member
    Options
    I eat Fage 0%. If you eat it plain it taste like sour cream. Mix in some honey and fruit and it tastes like regular sweetened yogurt.
  • smartblawnd
    Options
    I like to mix some Kashi Go lean crunch with my yogurt. It is a great mix that adds some crunch.
  • itsbella
    itsbella Posts: 1,101
    Options
    Well, I do live in Greece and I eat Fage 2% all the time. Mostly plain but if I want something sweet I add a teaspoonful of honey

I second this! Fage with honey is by far the best! The first time I tried greek yogurt a year ago, I didnt like it. Now, I have it in my fridge all the time. Watch out for aspertame and fake sugars...leads to neurological disorders.

Try it! You may like it!
  • danadee
    danadee Posts: 49
    Options
    The plain greek yogurt tastes kinda like sour cream. I am working up to plain Fage, but for now I love the Oikos Vanilla or Blueberry.
  • eveunderground
    eveunderground Posts: 236 Member
    Options
    Sorry if this is a bit off topic, does anyone happen to know if Fage yogurt is available in Canada? I keep hearing people talk about how good it is but I haven't been able to find it at any grocery stores?!
  • Jennwith2ns
    Jennwith2ns Posts: 296 Member
    Options
    I made the mistake of eating it plan one time.. totally tastes like straight sour cream! But I am going to try the Fage with fruit in it. Hopefully it's better!
  • king6083
    king6083 Posts: 30
    Options
    Fage can be purchased in 0%, 2%, 4% fat. Most other brands are all fat free. The only thing to watch out for is how much protein is actually in it. Some brands - like Greek Gods - don't have much more protein than regular yogurt. For example, the black cherry at Target has 8 grams and the Greek Gods flavors have 6, if I recall correctly. Target will get you more protein for less than half the cost of the Greek Gods brand.

Oikos and Fage are the ones I purchase.
  • SBecken87
    Options
    I just tried some today, the strawberry kind and its delicious!! Usually I dont like fruit on the bottom either but its so thick and creamy that its heavenly and I'm not a big yogurt eater!
  • July24Lioness
    July24Lioness Posts: 2,399 Member
    Options
    I can't stand cottage cheese, but here greek yogurt is high in protein and good for you.,..
    Before I buy some, just wondering what it tastes like, or what you eat it with?

Thoughts?

The only brand I like and will eat is Fage.

I add a couple drops of Vanilla Sweet Leaf Stevia and a handful of berries and stir.............

Its as good as eating ice cream.
  • Meandmyshadow
    Options
    I eat it with sugar free fruit spread, yummy. I also substitute mayo with it. I started 1/2 and 1/2 Kraft olive oil mayo. Great with cucumber salad. I use salt free spices to help take it up a notch.
  • LainMac
    LainMac Posts: 412 Member
    Options
    Two thumbs up to Chobani Pineapple. Sadly the store nearest to me runs out of it often.
  • LainMac
    LainMac Posts: 412 Member
    Options
    Two thumbs up to Chobani Pineapple. Sadly the store nearest to me runs out of it often.
  • sarahliftsUP
    sarahliftsUP Posts: 752 Member
    Options
    I love greek yogurt! I had to mix mine with a little bit (tsp) of honey to add some sweetness to it. Now I don't, I just add frozen berry mix to it so that it is sweeter. The fruit juices are good because it can just be mixed in with the yogurt and it doesn't taste bitter at all.
  • sarahliftsUP
    sarahliftsUP Posts: 752 Member
    Options
    Sorry if this is a bit off topic, does anyone happen to know if Fage yogurt is available in Canada? I keep hearing people talk about how good it is but I haven't been able to find it at any grocery stores?!

I live in Canada as well and haven't seen Fage around.. the kind I buy is Liberte. I live in Eastern Canada though, so that doesn't really say much. We get the brunt of the stuff over here.
  • sandra80
    sandra80 Posts: 308 Member
    Options
    i love the chobani greek yogurt. i love the vanilla, strawberry, blueberry and strawberry banana. i have had the peach and it's ok but i'm not a fan of peach anything so don't go by me on that one. i just eat the peach because it comes in the multi pack i buy at BJs. today i picked up the kid's version that is chocolate and honey-banana. i haven't tried them yet but it's likely going to be good. the texture is super thick and creamy and i absolutely love it.