Does anyone have a good Brussels sprout recipe?

Options
ArtsyBunny
ArtsyBunny Posts: 41 Member
There's a big bag of Brussels sprouts sitting in the fridge waiting to be used and I have no clue what to do with them. Any ideas?

Replies

• snericacross
    snericacross Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    Slice up some onions, add a few cleaned cloves of garlic throw it all in a baking dish, drizzle with a little olive oil and bake or use foil.and grill them.
  • Imadarkswan
    Imadarkswan Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    put them in a baggie or a plastic container that has a lid. 1TBS Olive or Coconut oil, sprinkle in some ginger, cinnamon, nutmeg and some rosemary. Shake it up really well and bake in the oven at 450 for about 20-30 minutes or until the outsides are a bit crispy. Turn over a couple of times while cooking.
  • coco3382458
    coco3382458 Posts: 296 Member
    Options
    throw them on sandwiches or salads. I just had some on my salmon burger the other day and it was delicious!!
  • lynnwhite1965
    lynnwhite1965 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    cut them in half..sautee in olive oil, add garlic and a couple slices of finely chopped bacon.
  • Jlennhikes
    Jlennhikes Posts: 290 Member
    Options
    I caramelize some onions and then throw the quartered Brussels sprouts in, caramelize them a bit, and then add toasted slivered almonds and chopped dried cranberries. You can also add bacon bits, if you want a smoky flavor. People who don't like Brussels sprouts tell me they like this version.
  • weightlossforbrian
    weightlossforbrian Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    take out the old skillet.
    cut up some bacon to about the size of your pinky finger nail. (lets hope you don't have ridiculously long nails)
    cook the bacon.
    add brussels sprouts.
    add some water to steam them a little and cover with a lid.
    when the sprouts are tender throw a little butter on it and let it melt and enjoy.
  • carlos13th
    carlos13th Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    Take one portion of spouts. Cut them into small sections. Scrape them into a bin, eat something nicer. :P
  • iwannabeonthebeach
    iwannabeonthebeach Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    Boil them until they are just tender, then fry up some strips of bacon or pancetta, add the just-cooked sprouts to the pan, add a dash of cream and serve immediately. Delicious!
  • ArtsyBunny
    ArtsyBunny Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone, these all sound delicious! I'm going to save all the recipes. P:
    Unfortunately I didn't buy them Carlos. Thanks for the laugh though.
  • carolemorden9
    carolemorden9 Posts: 284 Member
    Options
    I like to boil mine and then add cheese.
  • Flab2fitfi
    Flab2fitfi Posts: 1,349 Member
    Options
    Sprouts and Bacon mmm my favourite. At Christmas I also chuck in some chopped chestnuts.
  • MissSusieQ
    MissSusieQ Posts: 533 Member
    Options
    all the recipes I've seen that taste good are good because they're bad - butter, bacon and honey feature heavily :)
  • babydiego87
    babydiego87 Posts: 905 Member
    Options
    Take one portion of spouts. Cut them into small sections. Scrape them into a bin, eat something nicer. :P
    sticker,375x360.u2.png

I LOOVEEE Brussels! Was wondering what other veg to have this evening, minds made up :wink:
  • NathanFronk
    NathanFronk Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    For Pete's sake.
  • t8tersalad
    t8tersalad Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    Great ideas, going to try later :)
  • Geojerm
    Geojerm Posts: 291 Member
    Options
    I quarter them & pan ' fry' them.... .add 2-3 Tbsp of Newman's Own Olive Oil & vinger dressing to a skillet, and bit of grated fresh garlic, then add sprouts let them cook til just brown shake them up in the pan add 1-2 Tbsp of water, cover with a lid, and stir occassionally til they are fork tender (add a bit more water to continue steaming , if needed)..... it's so delicious

just typing the recipe made my mouth water :happy:
  • BodyBrainSpirit
    Options
    I drizzle some olive oil on a sheet pan, then cut the sprouts in half and put them on the pan face down. I roast them in the oven at about 400 until the bottoms caramelize... OMG, the natural flavors that come out are incredible. You can add a little salt or other spices to taste, but you may not need it!!
  • penelopeyvonne
    penelopeyvonne Posts: 97 Member
    Options

Oh, I SO agree with this!! :happy: I hate sprouts so much, even seeing someone put one in their mouth turns my stomach :noway: