Anyone had success with clean eating?

Options
Hi,

Just reading an article on the eat clean diet and wondered if any of you are doing this and had success?

Replies

• Hughes39
    Hughes39 Posts: 169
    Options
    I don't even know what it is, sorry!
  • rubysparkle
    rubysparkle Posts: 362 Member
    Options
    It's basically when you don't eat any process foods at all, just foods in their most basic form.

I have just read an article online and was curious if it had helped anyone here.
  • mom2ecb
    mom2ecb Posts: 6
    Options
    I have just started clean eating. This is my 8th day, so not an expert, but so far it has been great for me. It is much easier than I thought it would be. I am using the michi's ladder, levels one and two. I feel good, and have not been hungry at all. I, too, would like to know how others have done with this. I hope this will become a lifestyle for me.
  • MamaRandall
    MamaRandall Posts: 243 Member
    Options
    I have also been following michi's ladder and eating off of tier one and two. I've been doing it for almost 2 weeks. I feel very good and my family has loved the new foods we've been cooking. I am going to start a blog soon with all my successful delicious clean meals I've made. I haven't lost any weight doing this yet, but I also have been working out a LOT and have decided that my muscles have been hanging on to water. I did measurements this morning, however, and have lost inches around my body. So I can't complain!
    I have noticed that my skin looks better, I'm regular, I don't feel guilty about eating (matter of fact, I eat a LOT), and have lots of happy energy! It's become a lifestyle change here at our house and I'm happy I have decided to do it!
  • rubysparkle
    rubysparkle Posts: 362 Member
    Options
    thanks for sharing..i would like to try it as I am very fussy with food and prefer it just basic.

How do i get started, do i need to buy a book or something?

I am just looking at eating better to make me feel better and i need to eat far more fruit!!!
  • sunshine79
    sunshine79 Posts: 758 Member
    Options
    I started eating as 'clean' as I could a few weeks back and couldnt feel better. Energy is high and I just feel better generally. I've slipped a little recently & have really noticed the difference. Eating clean I am never hungry where as with processed foods I don't seem to be able to satisfy my hunger in the same way.

It's a gradual process as even some 'healthy' foods are highly processed but as long as you plan ahead and take your own snacks out with you you'll be fine.

I also found that I spend a lot less buying & eating only clean foods as so many things are now 'off limits' to me.

Gie it a go, you'll love it :smile:
  • MamaRandall
    MamaRandall Posts: 243 Member
    Options
    thanks for sharing..i would like to try it as I am very fussy with food and prefer it just basic.

How do i get started, do i need to buy a book or something?

I am just looking at eating better to make me feel better and i need to eat far more fruit!!!

Go to teambeachbody.com and go to where it says, eat smart and you'll find michi's ladder. Print off tier 1 and 2 and try that for a week or two. I'm sure you can add in some from tier 3 eventually, but try to keep it with the top two. Those foods are all clean. I also add in some almond milk with my protein shakes, but other than that, I follow it.
  • Ely82010
    Ely82010 Posts: 1,998 Member
    Options
    I think that I have been in this clean diet for several weeks without planning or knowing. The summer is very good for eating lots of fresh vegetables, salads and fruits all foods that I enjoyed. Thank you for bringing this interesting issue to my attention

I was doing some Lean Cuisine or other package food for lunch, but I decided to stop because they were high in sodium and my husband did feel very satisfied. I also reduced the use of c anned soups and I prepared my own during the winter.

Most of the time is lean meats,f ish and chicken and process foods only as an exception. I do use frozen vegetables and canned beans, and crushed or stewed tomatoes once in awhile

My energy level has been very good, I don't feel hungry much and I am below my allowed calories all the time. Thank you again
  • Nich0le
    Nich0le Posts: 2,906 Member
    Options
    Anything you do to get away from processed foods will make you feel better, I don't personally follow the clean diet but basically i plan all my meals and the kids lunches to be as fresh as possible. The closer to the true source of the food the better off you are! Enjoy it, you will feel better and less mood swings in everyone without all the sugar and salt we find in so much of our processed adn fast foods.

:flowerforyou:
  • Skinnytime
    Skinnytime Posts: 279
    Options
    Clean eating is easy and wonderful. You don't need a book to help you. When you go shopping, get lots of veggies and fruit - organic when possible. Eat lean protein - most toxins are stored in fat, so lean protein is your best bet next to organic proteins, which are very expensive. Eat your food, raw, steamed or grilled with minimal added fats (use organic olive oil spray) and organic spices.
    You will be able to save money by not buying processed junk and be able to afford the organic produce.
    Clean eating is the best way to ensure that your body can use the nutrients and calories that you are eating.
  • mmtiernan
    mmtiernan Posts: 702 Member
    Options
    We practice clean eating at my house and love it. We make nearly all our meals of fresh ingredients - very, very rarely do we eat anything packaged or processed. There is a magazine called Clean Eating which has lots of really good recipes each month and usually a 'primer' on clean eating. They have a web site online too, but it's really poor (think they are just getting it going, which is too bad because we love the magazine. You can also check out Tosca Reno's book "The Eat-Clean Diet" - your library should have it, if you don't want to purchase.

Michi's Ladder is also a good representation of clean eating - it is primarily associated with BeachBody products, but you don't have to be a Team BeachBody member to access it because some folks have posted it around the web - just Google it.

Hope this helps!