From the creator of Segway comes this monstrosity...

MinimalistShoeAddict
MinimalistShoeAddict Posts: 1,946 Member
From the inventor of Segway (Dean Kamen) a new weight loss tool lets you pump food from your stomach at home!

2njajy1.jpg

http://abcnews.go.com/Health/stomach-pumping-machine-makes-calories-disappear/story?id=18164739&singlePage=true#.UdUnDPm8684

http://www.aspirebariatrics.com/how-it-works.html

Now if only they would install an adapter so the stomach pump could be attached to the Segway..... Then we could just ride the Segway to the nearest all you can eat buffet, eat to our hearts content and proceed to pump out any excess calories without a need to go home first!

dcszl5.jpg

Replies

• MinimalistShoeAddict
    Has anyone tried this? What did you think?

I am not a big Segway fan, but personally prefer that invention to this one
  • ashleen7
    ashleen7 Posts: 258 Member
    Sweet sanctifying lord, is this where we've ended up?
    My hopes for mankind are hanging by a thread.
  • MinimalistShoeAddict
    Sweet sanctifying lord, is this where we've ended up?
    My hopes for mankind are hanging by a thread.

So I take it you also prefer his Segway invention to the new AspireAssist Therapy System?
    http://www.aspirebariatrics.com/about-the-aspireassist.html
  • ashleen7
    ashleen7 Posts: 258 Member
    Just slightly yes :p

Things must be bad if people won't even put in the effort to throwing up after a binge now, they want a machine to do it for them!
  • Chadomaniac
    Chadomaniac Posts: 1,785 Member
    Worst invention iv ever seen in my life . SADDEST part is that millions of people will buy it and use it . whats this world coming to :/
  • magerum
    magerum Posts: 12,589 Member
    In for unlimited pop tarts and ALL TEH FOODZ!!1!!!11!!111!!!!!
  • KarenJanine
    KarenJanine Posts: 3,497 Member
    When I first saw the pic I thought it was like a drip, for getting food INTO the stomach.

But this is crazy and bound to drastically increase incidences of binge-purge disordered eating.
  • Krizzo87
    Krizzo87 Posts: 14,186 Member
    bridesmaids-are-you-****ing-kidding-me.gif
  • Chadomaniac
    Chadomaniac Posts: 1,785 Member
    When I first saw the pic I thought it was like a drip, for getting food INTO the stomach.

But this is crazy and bound to drastically increase incidences of binge-purge disordered eating.

The purge part is sorted for them , how convenient !!
  • Achrya
    Achrya Posts: 16,913 Member
    Eww. Just...eww
  • beachgod
    beachgod Posts: 567 Member
    How about not eating the food in the first place?

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQnorM6dr-2nnx1k7cx2OmJb0Va41RX9OHZ9ufgIZPGLPUUwZHiUw
  • hzliiz
    hzliiz Posts: 166 Member
    *pounding head against desk*
  • lyttmab
    lyttmab Posts: 87 Member
    OMG! I cannot believe it - I honestly thought you were joking at first.

YIKES! Where do ya' empty the thing? Can you imagaine?! I thought the vacuum was bad . . . WOW!
  • GTAFrank
    GTAFrank Posts: 730 Member
    Geez.. what could possibly go wrong with that?

facepalm.png
  • Lauren8239
    Lauren8239 Posts: 1,039 Member
    n/v
  • ldrosophila
    ldrosophila Posts: 7,512 Member
    I was wondering what ever happened to this idea. No one is going to be happy until we all die from malnutrition...yay!
  • NicoleisQuantized
    NicoleisQuantized Posts: 344 Member

This, most definitely.
  • adioschubs
    adioschubs Posts: 384 Member
    Sounds disgusting.
  • lyttmab
    lyttmab Posts: 87 Member
    Has anyone tried this? What did you think?

I am not a big Segway fan, but personally prefer that invention to this one

I totally want to try it. I think it would be a blast! I see them along the beach path. I think you can rent them down there. I don't think I'd ever buy one, but it would be fun to try sometime!
  • Mr_Bad_Example
    Mr_Bad_Example Posts: 2,403 Member
    "Some people manage to lose weight on a diet, but the kinds of changes you need to make to keep it off are probably not sustainable for many," she said.

This quote (from the CEO of Aspire Bariatrics) makes me want to find a desk and slam my head off of it.
  • Grinb
    Grinb Posts: 123 Member
    I find it terribly sad that we have people starving in our own countries and people will get this to continue to be glutton and just flush the "excess". Reminds me of the Hunger games books where they wealthy ate till they couldn't stand it then drank something to induce vomiting, so they could eat more..wow,just wow
  • MinimalistShoeAddict
    I am not a fan of any product that has to answer the following FAQ:

How is this different from bulimia?

"Aspiration Therapy does not cause bulimia. Bulimia is a psychological illness characterized by excessive and uncontrolled binging episodes followed by purging. Bulimia is medically unsupervised, while Aspiration Therapy is under the control of a physician and electrolytes and metabolites are carefully monitored. One of the primary dangers of bulimia is the damage to the teeth and esophagus due to stomach acid; Aspiration Therapy poses no such risk. "

http://www.aspirebariatrics.com/faqs.html