Addicted to

Options
Sugar AND salty.

You see, my favorite snacking style is sweet and salty.
Since I've been back logging my meals and mostly doing okay, at the end of the day, I can't seem to figure out the desire to binge on something sweet and salty.
I'm thinking I'm addicted or something, because it's been like this since Jan, when I made some huge changes to my diet because of allergies (mine and my sons).

Any tips or info(links) on this? Or even just ideas on how to healthfully satisfy those cravings?

Replies

• highervibes
    highervibes Posts: 2,219 Member
    Options
    I like the Kettle Cooked chili lime peanuts by Compliments. They are kind of sweet and salty, not to light on the calories though :p. What about sweet and salty popcorn?
  • volume77
    volume77 Posts: 670 Member
    Options
    popcorn is a good idea.. i also love sweet and salty stuff. It's a normal human trait to crave sweet and salty foods, it's built into our DNA,:)
  • Snicklefritz81
    Snicklefritz81 Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    Today I went over by 500 calories though...that can't happen every day :(
    I can't have corn in the house. My son and husband are allergic to it.
  • Snicklefritz81
    Options
    I need to find my inner nagging voice that'll tell me, Aw hell naw girl, you don't want that!
  • CysterWigs
    CysterWigs Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    I am addicted to baked goods - brownies, cookies, pies, cupcakes, etc. It's pretty much why I can't eat them anymore. Moderation is impossible.
  • Snicklefritz81
    Options
    I am addicted to baked goods - brownies, cookies, pies, cupcakes, etc. It's pretty much why I can't eat them anymore. Moderation is impossible.

Yeah, which is why, 90% of the time, ice cream isn't allowed in the house. Recently figured out that we're all not able to have it, but this past weekend I bought some. Should not have. And chips...I can't do moderation with chips. o.O I know this...yet I bought it. Blah, just feeling mad at myself now for even buying it. lol
  • highervibes
    highervibes Posts: 2,219 Member
    Options
    Why don't you just not have any in the house but if you want it GO get it, and only get a single small bag of chips, or a single serving of cookies, ice cream or whatever. I don't keep treats in the house because I have a problem with single servings lol. i have no issues GOING OUT for ice cream, or buying a single serving bag of popcorn.
  • jerber160
    jerber160 Posts: 2,606 Member
    Options
    a favorite specialty store near me has a new flavor of biscotti. caramel/sea salt. It's breakfast with coffee almost every day.... I count them as 110 cals of pure bliss
  • Mario_Az
    Mario_Az Posts: 1,331 Member
    Options
    Quest bars
  • RCottonRPh
    RCottonRPh Posts: 148
    Options
    My favorite snack is low fat kettle corn. I pop and eat an entire bag and it's 225 calories. So delicious!
  • 1longroad
    1longroad Posts: 642 Member
    Options
    Kelloggs makes 90 calorie chocolate pretzel bars. They're pretty good for 90 calories!! I try not to eat them too often, as I am trying to get processed foods a very small part of my food, but once in awhile they are pretty darn good!!
  • Snicklefritz81
    Options
    Why don't you just not have any in the house but if you want it GO get it, and only get a single small bag of chips, or a single serving of cookies, ice cream or whatever. I don't keep treats in the house because I have a problem with single servings lol. i have no issues GOING OUT for ice cream, or buying a single serving bag of popcorn.

Thats pretty much the conclusion I've come too. Cannot have them in the house.
  • Capt_Apollo
    Capt_Apollo Posts: 9,026 Member
    Options
    I think you need to go and check into the Betty Crocker Clinic.
  • NaomiJFoster
    NaomiJFoster Posts: 1,450 Member
    Options
    LOL Betty Crocker Clinic
  • NaomiJFoster
    NaomiJFoster Posts: 1,450 Member
    Options
    Low fat popcorn and gummi bears. One popcorn kernel and one gummi bear together, for each bite.
    Pretzels dipped in peanut butter.
    Salt sprinkled on grapes (weird, but I did it by accident a while ago and it's pretty good).
  • fishgutzy
    fishgutzy Posts: 2,807 Member
    Options
    Chlorine :bigsmile:
  • Mokey41
    Mokey41 Posts: 5,769 Member
    Options
    You aren't addicted to sweet or salty. You crave sweet and salty. Trying to claim it as an addiction is a cop out. Either budget your day so you have room for a snack that you want or bite the bullet and fight through the craving. Do some exercise, brush your teeth, find a hobby to keep you busy if sitting at night is when you have cravings.
  • DRTChic
    DRTChic Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    One thing I do as a snack...pretzels and cheerios....I know it doesn't sound too good, but honey nut cheerios, multigrain cheerios, and chocolate cheerios are just sweet enough and then the salt on pretzels...I make a big bag for the office, everyone loves it.
  • xcga33i
    xcga33i Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    Have you ever tried freezing green grapes? Eat them when they r starting to thaw...they are amazing. I had them at a wedding in May. Freezing them does wonderful things for them.
  • amylb0822
    amylb0822 Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    Oh heck, I am a carbavore through and through ...bagels and cream cheese haunt me... but I haven't even nibbled one in weeks...