Exercise during Ramadan (Fasting Month)

Options
Asalamualekum and Hi,

Just a question,

If I exercised for only 10-15 minutes (High Intensity). Would I benefit from this weight loss wise on a 1200 calorie intake?
Even if it was only 1-2 pounds (0.5 to 1 kg) over the fasting month.

Thanks

Jasmine

Replies

• mahanaibu
    mahanaibu Posts: 505 Member
    Options
    Yes, of course you would. all exercise helps. But make sure, if you're doing very high intensity, to warm up and cool down.

But is there a relationship between Ramadan and how long you exercise? Pardon me for not knowing....
  • 89nunu
    89nunu Posts: 1,082 Member
    Options
    I think you should be very careful with exercise during Ramadan. I don't know where you live, but here in the UK it is going to be about 18 hours fasting and it is supposed to get really hot. I think it could be very hard on your body to add an extra sweating factor when you can't drink. But it really depends on how you feel. You could try it and see how you get on. But be careful please.
  • chatogal
    chatogal Posts: 436 Member
    Options
    I think you should be very careful with exercise during Ramadan. I don't know where you live, but here in the UK it is going to be about 18 hours fasting and it is supposed to get really hot. I think it could be very hard on your body to add an extra sweating factor when you can't drink. But it really depends on how you feel. You could try it and see how you get on. But be careful please.

I agree with the above poster. Remember 1 month of reducing your exercise wont undo 11 months of good. :-)
  • JasAbyG
    JasAbyG Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    No relation at all. Just fasting takes a toll on you anyways. So, thinking to adjust the timing according to how I feel (between tired and energetic).
  • JasAbyG
    Options

I agree with the above poster. Remember 1 month of reducing your exercise wont undo 11 months of good. :-)

Planning on exercising in the night when you can eat and drink freely. Definitely will be careful :-)
  • 89nunu
    89nunu Posts: 1,082 Member
    Options

Planning on exercising in the night when you can eat and drink freely. Definitely will be careful :-)
    Yeah I just thought it might be a good idea to exercise at night. Although, this might make it even harder to actually do it :D
    Good luck :flowerforyou:
  • JasAbyG
    Options
    Namaste Jasmin,

First of all, loosing pounds is not about lowering your calories it's about eating the right things.
    1200 calories is kinda low.
    If you are going to do 10-15 minuts workout a day on high intensity (i assume you mean cardio like running are cycling) then i would not recommend only 1200 calorie intake.
    Try to be on a 1400 calorie netto intake, so with the excercise.
    So if you would burn 400 calories a day you should take 1800 calories eat.
    If you go to tab fhome on top, make a personal goal for your calories and customize it.
    I would recommend a 40% on carbohydrates, 20% on fat and 40% on protien

Thanks for the suggestion :-)
  • JasAbyG
    Options

Yeah I just thought it might be a good idea to exercise at night. Although, this might make it even harder to actually do it :D
    Good luck :flowerforyou:

Thanks, will plan to keep it up
  • chatogal
    chatogal Posts: 436 Member
    Options
    [/quote]

very good idea :-)
  • mahanaibu
    mahanaibu Posts: 505 Member
    Options
    ah, I see, thanks. Listening to your body is a good idea, too. If you're feeling a little too tired during the month, then by all means skip. As Chatogal said,that one month won't undo what you do the rest of the year.
  • JasAbyG
    Options
    ah, I see, thanks. Listening to your body is a good idea, too. If you're feeling a little too tired during the month, then by all means skip. As Chatogal said,that one month won't undo what you do the rest of the year.

Absolutely :-)
  • majasmi
    majasmi Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    Asalamualekum and Hi,

Just a question,

If I exercised for only 10-15 minutes (High Intensity). Would I benefit from this weight loss wise on a 1200 calorie intake?
    Even if it was only 1-2 pounds (0.5 to 1 kg) over the fasting month.

Thanks

Jasmine

salam jasmine, exercise makes you fit, portion control makes you lose weight. if you are eating at 1200 i think you will lose weight regardless. i plan to keep up with my exercise routine to some extent. just reducing intensity. so instead of doing 40 min. insanity routine, just go for a 20 min slow jog. but mainly just to stay in the exercise rhythm rather than anything else.
  • tattedbarbz
    Options
    Waalaikum salaam.
    Im planning on doing exercise just before I go to bed after I've broken the fast. And yeah 15 mins will help I sometimes exercise for 15 mins a day and I still lose weight. The only problem is its going to be hard to lose weight when eating so late at night
  • Chadomaniac
    Chadomaniac Posts: 1,785 Member
    Options
    Jasmine id stay away from High intensity training during a fast where blood sugar levels and energy are extremely low . Stick with low intensity cardio during the fasted state if need be .
  • JasAbyG
    Options
    Waalaikum salaam.
    Im planning on doing exercise just before I go to bed after I've broken the fast. And yeah 15 mins will help I sometimes exercise for 15 mins a day and I still lose weight. The only problem is its going to be hard to lose weight when eating so late at night

Thanks for the idea.
  • JasAbyG
    Options
    Jasmine id stay away from High intensity training during a fast where blood sugar levels and energy are extremely low . Stick with low intensity cardio during the fasted state if need be .

Thank you.
  • prium01
    prium01 Posts: 306 Member
    Options
    I think you could just keep moving...low intensity cardio for 20-30 mins everyday..just stay away from high intensity...already you would be fasting...so its going to be difficult...
  • JasAbyG
    Options
    Thanks Prium, much appreciated.