Hello, I'm old

Options
Someone said Hello, I'm new - so this is my hello, "Hello, I'm old" I'm 43, I'm tired of being tired, and I'd really like to find the skinny girl hidden somewhere inside me. I was a skinny kid & young adult, since I had my son 20 years ago, I've slowly gained 120 pounds. I'm down 16 pounds since SERIOUSLY starting watching my weight - and I'm looking forward to even more accomplishments. I have 103 pounds left to lose, but I know through making good food choices, and exercise, I can do it.

Replies

• churchchipmunk
    churchchipmunk Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    Great intro! LOL Feel free to add me! You can to this! You will find wonderful support and encouragement here at MFP!!!!!
  • bchgrl8
    bchgrl8 Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    Congrats on your recent weight lost!!! I"m looking for my inner "skinny girl" too. She makes appearances every now and then..I just would like her to stay for good this time!
  • maktastic
    maktastic Posts: 15
    Options
    43 is not old!! And you can totally do this - Users on here are super friendly and give loads of advice that actually works too. Enjoy the journey :)
  • lurcstet
    lurcstet Posts: 77
    Options
    Congratulations and welcome :happy:
  • ChubbyBunny212
    ChubbyBunny212 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    LOL......43 old? I used to think that too...22 years ago! Now, at 65 calendar years old I am only 37 years old in my thinking. You're only as old as you THINK. Things get better and easier with age. And it's even easier to lose the weight now than it was back then when I was running around like a crazy woman trying to raise kids, go to school, and earn a living all at the same time. Last August I wore a size 18. Got a surprise this week when I went shopping and found out that I'm back in size 8 again. You can do it!!!!
  • Colliey
    Colliey Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Yay! Welcome!
    I'm so old too! LOL!
    I've just started here and I'm loving it. Though I am new here, I not new to dieting and I think that's half my problem, I'd be happy to go on this journey with you too, so if you'd like to add me as a friend I'm from down under.
  • SinomenJen
    SinomenJen Posts: 262 Member
    Options
    I too am walking the ancient path @ 44, I am a daily logger, who has mass health conditions and am still figuring this all out, I am on a lifetime journey now, I have changed so much in the last 6 to 8 months I don't even know me half the time. Howver that being said I feel better now than I did 5 years ago, and plan on getting healthier, stronger, and more amazing every month!
  • celtbell3
    celtbell3 Posts: 738 Member
    Options
    Welcome and you're not old. Believe me. I think we're the same age, LOL, and I feel younger today than I did 20 years ago! You can do this - add me if you like!
  • larsensue
    larsensue Posts: 461 Member
    Options
    43??? OLD??? Nah. I am 43 and my daughter thinks I'm "definitely not old mom". but it can sure feel that way somedays. haha.
    add me if you want for support from fellow old timers.
  • legreene515
    legreene515 Posts: 276 Member
    Options
    Welcome! I've been on MFP off and on for about two years, and I LOVE it. It is very do-able. I decided to come on here when I lost all of my hair due to Alopecia Areata. I have Alopecia Universalis, meaning I have no hair on my entire body! That combined with the fact that I was up to almost 220 lbs KILLED my self esteem. Last year I lost almost 50 lbs, and I slowly put 20 lbs on again by moving away from MFP.

Well, like you, I'm looking for my inner skinny girl! You'll do great here. It helps motivate you to exercise and eat right. This site is built in accountability, and without it I couldn't do what I'm doing!

Good luck on your battle and your lifestyle change! You'll rock it!!!
  • habsfan802
    habsfan802 Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    Geesh I am 38 and I don't feel old at all I defiantly do not consider myself old even when my teenage girls tell me I am
  • jenniferharrisricard
    Options
    OLD? I was waiting for it to say 80 something. I am 41 and I am with ya. I need to lose 130. I have a hard time losing because of Stress. BUT I am working on it and getting on the right path. YOu can do it. 16 pounds is awesome!!! Keep up the great work!!

Jenn
  • MrsBozz1
    MrsBozz1 Posts: 248 Member
    Options
    Great intro! LOL You can to this! You will find wonderful support and encouragement here at MFP!!!!!

This! :laugh: but you're not old!! I wish you all the best! Good luck! And you CAN do this! :flowerforyou:
  • yellowsnowdrop
    yellowsnowdrop Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    I'm older at 54. watching the cals and joined a gym. Please feel free to add me if you want.
    Good luck, you're doing pretty well so far.
    H
  • Zaniejane
    Zaniejane Posts: 329 Member
    Options
    When you meet your goal I bet you'll feel young again:). And good for you !!!!
  • oceanrose28
    Options
    OMG....you are not old. I'm a young 66 and still trying hard. You have tons of years ahead of you so now is the time to dig in. Don't defeat yourself. Because that's what we do. Surround yourself by happy people!!!!
  • WilliamsPeggy
    WilliamsPeggy Posts: 440 Member
    Options
    Welcome! You're not old, but that was a great attention-getter for your intro. You are welcome to add me. I am a loyal logger and friend. :smile:
  • toutmonpossible
    toutmonpossible Posts: 1,580 Member
    Options
    43 is not old. It's young, or middle middle age. Best to you.
  • snejkaxo
    snejkaxo Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    HAHA You are funny. Nice topic title. You definitely captured people's attention. If you're old, then I'm old too. We are practically the same age. I hope to be alive and kicking for a while though, so if I live as long Akasha,Queen of the Damned, for example, I still have 959 years to go, which makes me practically a baby. HAHAHA Good luck with your weight loss journey!
  • SusanL222
    SusanL222 Posts: 585 Member
    Options
    LOL......43 old? I used to think that too...22 years ago! Now, at 65 calendar years old I am only 37 years old in my thinking. You're only as old as you THINK. Things get better and easier with age. And it's even easier to lose the weight now than it was back then when I was running around like a crazy woman trying to raise kids, go to school, and earn a living all at the same time. Last August I wore a size 18. Got a surprise this week when I went shopping and found out that I'm back in size 8 again. You can do it!!!!
    To Ansmith....great topic line....good attention getter! I am definitely feeling younger as I drop the pounds, don't you? Hugs to you!:flowerforyou:
    And Chubbybunny: just had to respond to your pic with mine! :wink: