bellydancing

Options
heya , has anyone try doing belly dancing for toning up , if so did it work :)

Replies

• lotusfromthemud
    lotusfromthemud Posts: 5,335 Member
    Options
    yes, and yes.

Super hard-core ab/core workout, if you find a good teacher.

Very light in the cardio department, however.

HTH.:flowerforyou:
  • Mjroxane
    Mjroxane Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    well its quite hard to find a teacher around my area , but ive seen so dvds with it on thats teachs you , do you know if they are any good
  • maryann73
    maryann73 Posts: 763 Member
    Options
    My friend, who is GORGEOUS and owns her own studio swears she never toned as well as she did with belly dancing and yoga. They actually have a belly boot camp program they are creating around belly dancing.
  • Mjroxane
    Mjroxane Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    My friend, who is GORGEOUS and owns her own studio swears she never toned as well as she did with belly dancing and yoga. They actually have a belly boot camp program they are creating around belly dancing.

that sounds great , i have a yoga dvd which ive had for years , i really like yoga as i find all the breathing really relaxing i might put them both together and give it ago :):) would love to try the boot camp :D
  • lotusfromthemud
    lotusfromthemud Posts: 5,335 Member
    Options
    well its quite hard to find a teacher around my area , but ive seen so dvds with it on thats teachs you , do you know if they are any good

There is one called "hip hop hip drop" (stupid name, good DVD) that is quite good, the dancer Suhalia has it as part of her series. Also, there is a bellydancer named Aziza that has a few for sale on Amazon, and, Rachel Brice has one called "Tribal Fusion" that is good. You might see if you can get them off netflix to try them before you buy.
  • ❤B☩❤
    ❤B☩❤ Posts: 634
    Options
    Touch base with my cousin: Autumn256 She either took it or taught it. One way or another she loves it. She would be a great person to ask. (Plus she's a sweetie!!) :bigsmile: