No weight loss after 1 month.

Options
2»

Replies

• trogalicious
    trogalicious Posts: 4,583 Member
    Options
    also, OP... based on your profile, you seem like you want to change your body composition more than lose weight. Losing a lot of weight fast isn't the way to get rid of any rolls around your torso. Sure, calorie deficit will help. Pick up some weights. Heavy ones. Ones that make you strain. Check out Stronglifts or NROLFW online.
  • activefatgirl
    activefatgirl Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    Muscle DOES NOT weight more then Fat!!!!

Muscle is smaller and takes up less room in your body then fat does, but it does not weigh any more.

1 pound of Muscle is the same on a scale as 1 pound of Fat.
  • Gwen_B
    Gwen_B Posts: 1,018 Member
    Options
    You probably lost fats and gained muscles that's why your weight remains the same.

this

Very true.

Muscle weighs more than fat.

The number on the scale is kind of insignificant.

What you should be looking at is your body measurements and your bodyfat %.

These are better indicators of how you are getting on

Exactly!!
  • James_H
    James_H Posts: 48
    Options

Muscle is smaller and takes up less room in your body then fat does, but it does not weigh any more.

Er yeah, but that's like saying 1 pound of lead doesn't weigh more than 1 pound of feathers.

It's true, but the pound of feathers is going to take up a heck of a lot more space.
  • Gwen_B
    Gwen_B Posts: 1,018 Member
    Options

1) Muscle. You have heard this before, and yet, you still don’t like it or want to get on board with it: muscle weighs MORE than fat and takes up LESS SPACE. The more muscle you have on your frame, the heavier your weight will be, but the tighter and smaller your physique will be compared to someone who might weigh less but also has less muscle or a higher body fat %. The leanest I have EVER been is 12% BF and I still weighed 145 lbs, here:
    http://jillfit.com/2011/12/20/weight-means-nothing/
  • MissTattoo
    MissTattoo Posts: 1,203 Member
    Options
    You probably lost fats and gained muscles that's why your weight remains the same.

this

Very true.

you guys are being sarcastic, right?

A pound is a pound. Muscle is denser than fat but it doesn't not weigh more. In no scientific community does a pound of feathers weigh more than a pound of bricks. They will both read 1 pound, but the feathers will take up more space....but it doesn't mean they weigh more. Get it?

You probably aren't eating enough. Simple as that. Find out what your BMR is and eat above it. It's probably not 1200.
  • d3mon4ngel
    d3mon4ngel Posts: 242 Member
    Options
    My stats are I am 22 years old, i weigh 10st 11lbs (151lbs), and I am 5"3 height. I am wanting to be around 9 - 9.5 stone (133lbs). I'm eating 1200 calories a day or less, and I'm burning around 300 calories each time I go to the gym which is usually 3 times a week.

Thank you every one for your replies. I am appreciating all the help.

Hi there. I'm around the same stats as you (5'3", 149lbs, aiming for 132lbs). I've got MFP set to lose 1/2lb a week, which has given me a NET goal of 1450 on sedentary and I eat back my exercise calories.

I would advise setting yours to lose 1/2lb and make sure you eat back your exercise calories, or at least half of them. Also, try to incorporate some kind of strength or resistance training, even if it is just body weight exercises like pressups or squats.

Hope this helps. Good luck! :flowerforyou:
  • trogalicious
    trogalicious Posts: 4,583 Member
    Options

this

Very true.

you guys are being sarcastic, right?

A pound is a pound. Muscle is denser than fat but it doesn't not weigh more. In no scientific community does a pound of feathers weigh more than a pound of bricks. They will both read 1 pound, but the feathers will take up more space....but it doesn't mean they weigh more. Get it?

You probably aren't eating enough. Simple as that. Find out what your BMR is and eat above it. It's probably not 1200.

Nope, just a circle of bad information. Not sarcasm.
  • jadeeatworld182
    Options
    Okay, so from the majority of replies on this post, I am definitely going to up my calories to 1500, and hit the weights and gym a bit more.
    I hope it helps.

THANK YOU SO MUCH TO EVERYONE FOR THEIR HELP.
    x
  • kateneyxx
    kateneyxx Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    Wow, we are so closely matched in our weight loss bid.....

I am 26 years old, weigh 149lb, 5" 5 and struggling to shift despite gym-ming it too!:tongue:

Add me if you fancy it to support each other through ....

p.s: Love the Heineken Top!! ( MMmMMmmMMm) I want one!!!