Calling all petite women 5'3" and under Friends needed!

Options

Replies

• Destanie_Robyn
    Destanie_Robyn Posts: 304 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me too! I am 5'3" and try to eat 1400 cals a day.. more if I exercise a bunch. I am also starting to do intermittent fasting (IF) I started out once a week (my fast days are not complete fasts but include 500 or less calories) and a co-worker of mine said he'd join my challenge so now we are going to try the 5:2 plan where we eat normally 5 days a week and then 2 days a week eat less than 500. Currently I am 140 lb after losing 20 lbs already and I am hoping to get to 125-130 by September.
  • jarnould13
    Options
    You can add me!!! I'm just the same - 5'2 157 lbs and want to get back to 120 (saw that one a long time ago). I recently signed up with a coach who will be guiding me through a fitness program starting next Tuesday. Meanwhile, she has me logging my food. I'm very motivated and just purchased a 21 speed bicycle. I fear she'll have me exercising 6 days a week ( she may have mentioned that), but she points out it's not so much about the eating, but about the fitness (for me). I chose her because I am too young (54) to feel this old in my body. It takes me too long to feel good when I get out of bed --- before everything seems to work together.

Thanks for your post!!
  • willandjaye
    willandjaye Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    Hi! I'm a fellow shortie :)
    I'm 5'0" and at my heaviest (while pregnant with both my sons), I weighed 170 lbs. I lost all the weight with my oldest son using MFP and was able to make it back to my pre-pregnancy weight of 120 lbs. I just had my second son a couple months ago and I'm trying to lose the weight again.
    Feel free to add me!
  • KardioKim
    KardioKim Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    I'm 5 feet tall and need to lose 38 pounds.

I need all the support I can get, so add me!
  • Buddhasmiracle
    Buddhasmiracle Posts: 925 Member
    Options
    Hi, I'm 4' 11" and stay within 1400-1600 daily. I cycle 15-20 miles a day, and will soon add weight training. I struggled with losing until I upped my calories. Please feel free to add me if you are at least netting 1200 cals, active, and have an open food diary.
  • quitkidding
    quitkidding Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me! I am 5'3" (rounding up!) and working toward a weight of 140. I've lost and kept off 30 lbs since having my last son, but I'd really like to be back at my wedding weight! I run three-four times a week and love Jillian Michaels dvds. Happy to support others!
  • bulbadoof
    bulbadoof Posts: 1,058 Member
    Options
    Hi! I'm 5'3", ~150 lbs, and I eat 1500 calories as well! Feel free to add me, I'd love to creep each other's diaries for ideas.
  • emzmc
    emzmc Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    Hey. I'm 5'1 1/2" 23yo started at 220llbs 2 years ago and now 179llbs.
  • AmiAlcocer
    AmiAlcocer Posts: 18
    Options
    I'm 5'2.5'' (and yes, I count that half inch!), 31, and currently weighing in at 158.8. My start weight in MFP was 213 last year, but in January of this year, I weighed in at 203 before restarting my weight loss.

You can add me if you like. :)

Food wise, I stay around 1100-1400 calories. Exercise is 30 min biking and starting a weight training program soon. :)
  • daniebabe17
    daniebabe17 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I just started MFP on Tuesday. I am 5'2 and 186 lbs. I did WW and lost about 40ls. I decided to get off the program and try something new since I was at a stand still for many many months. Would like new friends for inspiration add me :)
  • Naturesdawn
    Naturesdawn Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Hi Redraidergirl! I'm 5'3" and currently 133. I used to be 165, like you. Eating 1,200 - 1,500 calories a day and exercising several times a week has made a difference for me. I'm still losing - I want to get to 125 and see how I feel when I get there.

Anyone can add me - having support makes losing easier. :-)
  • ashleymm625
    Options
    i am 5'0 used to be 162 at my heaviest, got down to 118 in 2010 now back up to around 130 :(
    anyone can add me as well! i love having fellow shorties as a friend!
  • Yarrowdays
    Yarrowdays Posts: 19
    Options
    Hey there! I'm 5' 3'' vegan woman, and I weigh 114 pounds. I'm looking to lose four more pounds and see what I look like at 110, and I'd love to dish out some motivation and support :D
    Anyone here can add me :) I'm always open to having more friends.
  • mamaomefo
    mamaomefo Posts: 418 Member
    Options
    Hello to all, 5' here so I thoroughly understand the "short" problems. Feel free to add me if you want support and will support me. :flowerforyou:
  • violenceandlace
    Options
    Am 5'1 and 202.
  • marciebrian
    marciebrian Posts: 853 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'2 and 58 years old... menopause is just a memory for me. my bmr is 1190 so the 1200 MFP says I need is right on the money... add me if I can help you and good luck!
  • Im4victory
    Im4victory Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I'm 5 feet and 151 need to get to 120 for my daughter's wedding. Gained weight last 3 years work stress and gave up on my workouts. Working on balance and being true to me.
    Need all support I can get.
  • 32paperflowers
    Options
    Hello I'm 5'3/5'4ish and 193lbs. I'm new here- I just want to feel healthy and feel normal, so I'm on what will probably be a lifelong journey :)
  • heather4949
    heather4949 Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    i am 5.2 ft and i started at 142lbs and now 117-118. It took me a whole year just to lose 20 lbs. it was so slow, i thought it was never going to happen. i never lost more then 1.5 lbs a month!

I am 5.2ft and 146lbs and started this journey 4 months ago and have only lost 9lbs. Since reading your post have have really lifted me up for I was thinking I must be doing something wrong. I exercise daily and eat 1400 calories a day. I would really like to have you as a friend to travel on this journey of a healthy life....
  • sally_jeffswife
    sally_jeffswife Posts: 766 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me I'm 5 ft 0 inches and weight about 159 right now. I had gained 45 lbs fast like in 3 months time cuz I was getting electric shock like migraines and was on a med that caused rapid weight gain. am off that now which is helping a great deal and also have given up regular soda except on special occasion and that has helped even more yet. but that's what brought me here trying to get bk down to the weight I had been. And its way harder getting the weight off now than it was putting it on with that medication. And now cuz its summertime trying to get down to even a little less than that and also cuz I am a short person. I am hoping to get to about the 120-125 range too eventually. I have 3 children age 16,10,05.