Do all sports bras suck or is there hope?

Options
OhLeita
OhLeita Posts: 99 Member
Hi everyone. I've been trying to find a sports bra that actually works for my body shape and hoping someone here can help. I'm 5'3", 114 lbs with a pair of 34DD homegrowns that won't behave and sit reasonably still while exercising.

Any suggestions? I'm of an age where this kind of bouncy bouncy is not becoming at all! :embarassed:

Replies

• momRN2B
    momRN2B Posts: 247 Member
    Options
    I am a 32DD and I have the fiona bra from moving comforts. It keeps everything in place and is supportive enough for high impact exercise. below is a link to it on amazon.

http://www.amazon.com/Moving-Comfort-Womens-Fiona-White/dp/B002T1FUS0/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1373064124&sr=8-1&keywords=fiona+bra+moving+comfort
  • aquarabbit
    aquarabbit Posts: 1,622 Member
    Options
    I am 5'2" with 34DD too (even after a reduction a few years back). CHAMPION! They are the best bras out there. They're about $50 each, so a bit expensive (at least for my budget) but they are so worth it. Check out their site under the maximum support option. I like the spot comfort full support and the racerback best. I love that it's actual cup sizes rather than small, medium, large. They keep them strapped down, but still give a nice shape. I knew I'd fallen in love when I wasn't "cross eyed" at the end of my first cardio session. There's a sale right now too!
  • april27kelli
    april27kelli Posts: 338 Member
    Options
    I recently got a great sports bra from ****'s...the brand is Under Armour. Cost about $50 but totally worth it.
  • april27kelli
    Options
    Wow... it starred out my word... got it from the sporting good store... that rhymes with pricks
  • IAteBethDitto
    IAteBethDitto Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    Rule no 1 - get your bra properly fitted by someone who knows what they're doing and does not just rely on a tape measure. With bras it's always horses for courses - what suits one person will be totally unsuitable for the proportions of another.

Rule no 2 - for some of us, all sports bras are in some way unsatisfactory. When I used to run I wore 2 bras: a normal one and a sports bra on top. This held 'the lads' firmly in place without producing that hideous mono-titted look.

Good luck!
  • juliep1974
    juliep1974 Posts: 222 Member
    Options
    I second the Fiona Bra by Moving Comfort. I've also heard Enell are great for larger chested women. You do have to be prepared to pay $50+. A good sport's bra is worth every penny though. Title Nine (http://www.titlenine.com/) has a great selection.
  • DeeDel32
    DeeDel32 Posts: 542 Member
    Options
    I am a 32DD and I have the fiona bra from moving comforts. It keeps everything in place and is supportive enough for high impact exercise. below is a link to it on amazon.

http://www.amazon.com/Moving-Comfort-Womens-Fiona-White/dp/B002T1FUS0/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1373064124&sr=8-1&keywords=fiona+bra+moving+comfort

This! Moving Comfort Fiona is the best!
  • 3dogsrunning
    3dogsrunning Posts: 27,167 Member
    Options
    I second the Fiona Bra by Moving Comfort. I've also heard Enell are great for larger chested women. You do have to be prepared to pay $50+. A good sport's bra is worth every penny though. Title Nine (http://www.titlenine.com/) has a great selection.

This and third vote for Fiona by MC. I would like to try the other style but I love my Fiona. I've had it for over 2 years now so worth the investment.
  • CheekyBrahette
    CheekyBrahette Posts: 441 Member
    Options
    I like the Panache full busted underwired sports bra #5021. It keeps everything on lock-down! I highly recommend it for anyone bigger than a DD. The underwires are encased in foam so they don't dig in, and the straps convert into a racer-back. It also comes in a bunch of fun colors. Typically it costs around $70, but the investment is well worth it. ^_^
  • Zylahe
    Zylahe Posts: 772 Member
    Options
    I go shock absorber they go up to at least a G.
  • april27kelli
    Options
    Well now I have to go buy the Fiona one...thanks y'all...
  • MoRiv1986
    MoRiv1986 Posts: 380 Member
    Options
    Bump.
  • Kristafulbright
    Options
    I find the one I have is hot. Are any of yours supportive and BREATHE-able?
  • kittyhasclaws
    kittyhasclaws Posts: 446 Member
    Options
    For sure make sure you're fitted right. I suggest looking into: http://sameatschildren.tumblr.com/post/45962915522/do-it-now-guide-to-proper-bra-fit-and-measuring for the real way to do it (it makes a WORLD of difference for those of us who have been shoved into smaller cup sizes to meet the standards of the "normal lingerie" industry). Then I suggest Moving Comfort for bras if you've got the income. If not, double up on the cheaper ones. That's what I'm doing at this point because bras are expensive and I'm hoping the boobage will lessen as time goes on.
  • RM10003
    RM10003 Posts: 316 Member
    Options
    34DD here and happy with the Glory bra from Athleta. It compresses quite a bit but isn't uniboob, and it fastens in the back (I can't deal with pullovers).

May have to try the Fiona! Do those of you who wear it find it true to size?
  • bonjour24
    bonjour24 Posts: 1,119 Member
    Options
    I also suggest that you go and get fitted at a sports shop or a decent bra shop that sells sports bras for busty ladies. I got a new bra the other day and had to try on about 7 in different sizes to get the right fit for me. Different brands and makes have different sizes and shapes which may not necessarily suit you or your body type.
    FWIW I'm usually a 14E, but the bra I got yesterday is a 14G. it's a Berlei one, and is boned. Cost me $75NZD. So yeah, my strongest recommendation is to get fitted.
  • Kells97
    Kells97 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I also love the Fiona from moving comfort- well worth the cost!
  • christianteach
    christianteach Posts: 593 Member
    Options
    If I order a MC Fiona, would I wear the same size I do in a regular Victoria's Secret bra?
  • aquarabbit
    aquarabbit Posts: 1,622 Member
    Options
    If I order a MC Fiona, would I wear the same size I do in a regular Victoria's Secret bra?

In my experience (since I wear VS bras too) you really need to try them on. I have a Fiona bra (although for me, it didn't work as well as my Champion ones). For the Fiona, I had to go up a band size and stay the same cup size, while with Champion I was the same. It also depends on the type of VS bra you wear. I wear the VS Body most often and wear a 34DD. But when I want to wear the Very Sexy collection, I have to go up to a 36DD or even a 34DD depending on the style. This is why fitting is so important. I would go to the MC site and see if they have a store finder and take a trip. It's well worth it for an awesome sports bra.
  • ElizabethLovesFood
    ElizabethLovesFood Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    Rule no 1 - get your bra properly fitted by someone who knows what they're doing and does not just rely on a tape measure. With bras it's always horses for courses - what suits one person will be totally unsuitable for the proportions of another.

Rule no 2 - for some of us, all sports bras are in some way unsatisfactory. When I used to run I wore 2 bras: a normal one and a sports bra on top. This held 'the lads' firmly in place without producing that hideous mono-titted look.

Good luck!

thank you so much for asking this question have the same issue imma try this