Calling all petite women 5'3" and under Friends needed!

Options

Replies

• shelbielmiller
    shelbielmiller Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    I am 5'3 and currently 154 pounds. When I was a teenager I got up to 185 pounds, but then I changed my diet and got down to 125. Over the last three years, I have slowly been gaining that weight back. That's why I decided to join MFP. I refuse to get to 185 again! Women in similar situations, feel free to add me!! :)
  • Frittycat
    Frittycat Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me! I am 5'1 and my highest weight was 144 about 10 years ago. I have lost 25-35 pounds at three different points in my life. My lowest weight was 110, which looked fantastic on me, but was very hard to maintain. I am 124 now after a trip abroad, and that is too heavy on me. I look a lot heavier than I am due to my size.

I was 128 after I returned from my trip abroad. I am 124-125 now and am logging everything I eat. It is eye-opening!

I am in shape and work out at least 5 days a week with cross-training, but it's hard for me to lose weight because I am so short.

My goal is to get down to 114, which I think is realistic to maintain. I do love to eat, but I am realizing through MFP that I really only need about 800-1200 calories a day, depending on how I feel and what I ate the day before. It is also getting harder to lose weight as I get older.

Would love to meet other "friends" who are petite like me so we can support each other!
  • littlewhittles
    littlewhittles Posts: 402 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'0". Starting weight 221, current 154, goal 120. Anyone can feel free to friend me! :)
  • spaniel
    spaniel Posts: 468
    Options
    Hi - I am 5'3" (just barely), 63 years young and trying really hard to lose this ugly weight :laugh: I am currently participating in a weight management program run by a very well-known endocrinologist. She has been telling me for months that it is more difficult for short women to lose weight. I try to eat around 1200 calories a day without eating back the exercise calories - the dr.'s recommendation.

Glad you started this thread!!
  • monzaaay
    monzaaay Posts: 1
    Options
    Good luck everyone. I'm 23 years old, 5'2", 139 lbs. My highest weight was about 147 and now I'm back on MFP to get down to at least 125. Feel free to add.
  • VpinkLotus
    VpinkLotus Posts: 849 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'1". I'm at about 126 now with a goal of 120 ish. Add my anyone who wants. Shorties unite! ;)
  • lyanes
    lyanes Posts: 36
    Options
    HOLLA! I'm 21 years old, 5'0, and 208 lbs
  • JackieC22
    JackieC22 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Wow. Can I add all of you?

I'm 5'2 and I think 135 pounds. I need to lose a little but mostly need to tone!!!
  • medeering14
    medeering14 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Hey all! 5'3, at my goal weight of 112 right now (my frame is VERY small) and looking for support while I figure out how to tone up, and eat properly while I do it. My diary has revealed that I'm a chronic under eater. Anyone can add me; if I have people to talk to maybe I won't quit during the next two months where I'm moving, starting a new job, AND getting married!
  • yaseyuku
    yaseyuku Posts: 871 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'2.5" and currently 53.6kg (about 118lbs). I started at around 66kg/145.5lbs or possibly higher (didn't weigh myself for a while) and am trying to get to 50kg/110lbs and then will reevaluate from there.

Anyone free to add me if you'd like.
  • ChristinaR720
    ChristinaR720 Posts: 1,186
    Options
    I'm 5'0" on a good day! I am about 4 pounds from my goal weight, but I may try for another 5-10 pounds after that, just to give myself some room for the fluctuations that will occur when working towards maintenance. Feel free to add me, if you'd like!
  • Sjenny5891
    Sjenny5891 Posts: 717 Member
    Options
    I am hoping to connect with some small women, I try and post for help and everyone tells me eat more like 2200 calories a day. My stomach literally hurts if I try and eat as much that much. I have tried that EM2WL crap and it hurt and I gained weight. Smaller bodies don't need as many calories, I completely agree.

I get sick if I eat over 2,000 calories.
    I'm Jenny. I started MFP a year ago after having my youngest. I'm 5'3" and weighed 190 pounds.
    I didn't exercise as much as you when I started. It was mostly walking until I got the gym pass 2 months ago ( i have not lost a pound since)

Feel free to add me or send a message if you have any questions
  • sgtchar
    sgtchar Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    5'3 159 here. Wanting to loss 25 to 30lbs. I feel better already eating better and counting calories.
  • chaoticrunner
    chaoticrunner Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    Hey all, I'm 5'2", 21 years old. Been struggling with thyroid problems the last couple years, now I'm trying to get into a healthier life style. Feel free to add me!
  • Phriezia123
    Phriezia123 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Hi, I am 5' 2" and am currently 247. My highest weight was 275. I lost 40 pounds and was excited, until I learned my weight loss was due to out of control diabetes. I started on an insulin regimine and the weight started to come back on. I am daily tracking my food and glucose on MFP, but have never been more overwhelmed or depressed. Food is my drug of choice, dammit. I am scared of dying young (I am 52). You'd think that would motivate me...but, I am constantly struggling with my food intake. I am happy to encourage you, or anyone here, and look forward to some insight/encouragement, as well. :wink: :wink:
  • mamaomefo
    mamaomefo Posts: 418 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add another 5' friend if you like! I weigh 136 so I still have a few pounds to go. Doctor would like me to get to 134, however I think 128 is at the high end of healthy for my height. At my age it is taking forever. I have tried several different calorie goals and am still trying to find the magic number to start losing. Best wishes to you!
  • hapyfaces2
    hapyfaces2 Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    I am 5'3" and am struggling a bit with this weight issue. I've bumped up my exercising with no weight loss in site. Went to see the doctor and had several vitamin and candida test and thyroid done. Found out I had a few deficiencies after i bumped up my exercise i needed more vitamin D3 and B complex. I am hoping this week I will do a lot better. I've been at this weight for over a year and everything I have tried on my own has not turned out well. I joined this 30 days ago and have rigidly watched calories. Dr. said I need less carbs and not to snack after 9 pm.
    i Like that this strand was started and I look forward to improving this week. Goooooo Team 5'3" and Under.
  • grrrlface
    grrrlface Posts: 1,204 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'2" and 129lbs currently! Always looking for active and supportive friends! Anyone feel free to add me :)
  • waniwaniwani
    waniwaniwani Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Hi! I'm 5'1" and recently hit my goal of 104 lbs. I've been up and down the scale my entire life, but the one thing that helped me maintain the loss as many people will have recommended is tracking my food intake and getting rid of coke. People our size cannot eat 2,200 calories, sometimes even 1,200 can be a chore, but it doesn't matter as long as you're eating the right food combinations.
  • cathhui
    cathhui Posts: 4
    Options
    I am an Asian with small body frame, age 38 (low metabolism) . Height 5'5" with 130lbs (lost 4 lbs in last 6 weeks, very slow). I m keeping my 1200kcal as recommended by MFP and having one hot yoga class (60mins) everyday, and Step aerobic class (45mins) 3 times a week but still losing weight slowly. The fat around my arms, hips and waist are very stubborn. I successfully used the same exercise routine and diet plan to lose 18 lbs (from 126 to 108) in 3 months when I was 35 years old. I guess age and metabolism played an important part in losing weight too. Pls. share how to speed up metabolism... so frustrated now.