No water!

Options
13»

Replies

• _Waffle_
    _Waffle_ Posts: 13,049 Member
    Options
    Lots of ice

I tried that but when it melts it just tastes like water.
  • brighteyes1967
    Options
    I drink bottled still flavoured low in cals,strawberry and raspberry my favourite, . Get it in iceland if u live in the UK. Good luck u will love it .:happy:
  • PikaKnight
    PikaKnight Posts: 34,971 Member
    Options
    Lots of ice

I tried that but when it melts it just tastes like water.

Then just find something else that'll melt in your mouth >.>
  • PikaKnight
    PikaKnight Posts: 34,971 Member
    Options
    I drink bottled still flavoured low in cals,strawberry and raspberry my favourite, . Get it in iceland if u live in the UK. Good luck u will love it .:happy:

But how can you get it in Iceland if you live in the UK? Did I miss something?
  • NonnyMary
    NonnyMary Posts: 982 Member
    Options
    Put a sliced lemon on the rim of the glass near where you are drinking it. The smell of the fresh lemon makes the water taste like it (since taste begins in the nose anyway). Its amazing! it really works. Also ice cold water out of a glass is way better than any other container. Put some ice in it, especially chipped ice, and that makes plain water more refreshing.
  • MyChocolateDiet
    MyChocolateDiet Posts: 22,281 Member
    Options
    Unsweetened iced tea with fresh lemon works for me. Also I find water tastes better if it is over ice. Then it is actually great. One more option would be something like a Brita water filter; I found that to be amazing when I had one (moved and lost it.)

Tea is not water. Water is water.

Anything with caffeine dehydrates. And yes, Britta filters are awesome.

*sigh*

Here we go again. While tea is technically not water, it is remarkably hydrating. The amount of caffeine in it very negligibly dehydrating. You could very safely get all of your hydration just from drinking tea. A water suspension is not chemically different from plain water. (I would post supporting links, but I doubt it would do anything to help kill this myth. Those who already know this wouldn't benefit and those who are convinced that anything with caffeine is automatically dehydrating probably wouldn't read them anyhow.)

^this. lots of fluids help hydration which is what our little water meme on MFP is for.
  • LoraF83
    LoraF83 Posts: 15,694 Member
    Options
    I just drank it. Eventually I came to like/prefer it. I drink pretty much only water now.

You can add stuff to it but I like just plain water, cold is best but I can do warm now.

I actually prefer room-temperature water to cold. We keep a case of bottled water in the pantry and that's where I get it from. I'll drink it cold, but I would much rather have it room temp. Water is pretty much the only thing I drink. I didn't see the point in wasting calories on other beverages when there was a calorie free alternative that's available all the time.
  • NaomiJFoster
    NaomiJFoster Posts: 1,450 Member
    Options
    The fact that it has no taste is what makes it so wonderful. It's all about texture and temperature, not taste. Taste would interrupt the enjoyment of it. Taste is for things that you chew.
  • gthorley
    gthorley Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I drink a TON of water at work because it gives me 2 excuses to get up and away from my desk. 1) Refills 2) Peeing. Sometimes when I'm THAT bored I will slam my cup of water just to get up and refill and wander around. Now I drink a lot of it because it's habit.

I'm exactly the same. Going to refill my water bottle allows me to take just a minutes away from my desk and gets me moving more than I would normally. I found that having a water bottle to take into work got me into the habit of drinking more - seeing it on my desk reminds me to drink! Now it's more of a habit like yourself :) and a good habit at that!
  • magerum
    magerum Posts: 12,589 Member
    Options
    It's water, essential for life. Drink it. This is the ultimate first world problem.
  • Gwen_B
    Gwen_B Posts: 1,018 Member
    Options
    It's water.

It isn't supposed to have a taste.

Just drink it.

I agree!!
  • MelsAuntie
    MelsAuntie Posts: 2,833 Member
    Options
    Filter it through coffee...it's still water.
  • Gwen_B
    Gwen_B Posts: 1,018 Member
    Options
    It's water, essential for life. Drink it. This is the ultimate first world problem.

Right!
  • SCouture421
    Options
    Propel zero ! Not crystal light because it has aspartame !! It's so bad for u !!
  • Silver_Star
    Silver_Star Posts: 1,351 Member
    Options
    your taste buds are spoiled.

spoiled-kids_fb_531576.jpg

Just drink it.
  • Gidzmo
    Gidzmo Posts: 904 Member
    Options
    dosent warm water have a weird taste?

Warm water tastes bleargh. I prefer cold water.

If you drink iced tea, can that count towards my water intake?
  • REDI4CHANGE60
    Options
    BUMP