Im 4o a widow & a mom!

bsplawn
bsplawn Posts: 3 Member
edited September 21 in Introduce Yourself
If anyone told me id be a widow at 35, with a 2 yr old son to keep up with....................................................................................................
I am now 40, my son is 8, and im 60lbs over weight a struggling.After losng my husband of 12 yrs, i feel into a deep depression to phrase it mildly). Between excessive drinking and comfort foods Ive been on a downhill slope of self destruction. Ive recently snapped out of my funk & realized that serious changes are called for and actually made them. Ive made a huge move out of a very toxic environment, and adapted a healthier more active lifestyle, and positive environment. It hasnt been easy, but its been good.

Replies

• spiritgurl
    spiritgurl Posts: 160 Member
    I wish you all the best on this journey. You have been through a lot and it sounds like you have made a HUGE change for the better. You couldn't have any better inspirations for wanting to do this. This site will give you a lot of support!
  • Good for you and the steps you are taking. This is a great place to get encouragement and hold yourself accountable. Looking forward to cheering you on in the process. :flowerforyou:
  • Dawn_2013
    Dawn_2013 Posts: 170
    What you said took so much courage and it sounds like you are ready ot make a serious change! I would love to be a support on your journey. I am 43, my kids are grown, but I have battled depression and know it is serious.

Add me as a friend! You can beat this, and find joy in life again. :flowerforyou:
  • grlaurie
    grlaurie Posts: 77 Member
    I also lost my spouse when I was 39 and I am now 47 and making the changes necessary to make my life better. My daughter is 15 and I so need to be a positive healthy person for her. :) Please add me as a freind if you want... Laurie
  • sarahsmom1
    sarahsmom1 Posts: 1,501 Member
    I also became a widow at the age of 53 with 2 kids.so I was older than you both we were married for 23 years. Gained over 100 pounds and was already fat before that. If you like to add me as a friend you can
  • carfam07
    carfam07 Posts: 39 Member
    Like so many on this site already, I wish you all the best on this journey. I am proud of you and for you that you see the necessary changes you need to make in your life. God bless you!!
  • Maggie1960
    Maggie1960 Posts: 322
    Lots of good wishes to you and your son. There is a lot of support here, and you will shed the pounds.

With love and luck
    Maggie x
  • So sorry for your loss..Sounds like you are on the right path now...I know it's hard and a struggle, but surviving what you've been thru shows what a strong person you are..
    Good luck on your journey and feel free to add me as a friend!
  • I wish you the best of luck.... you deserve it...you can add me as a friend if you want
  • themommie
    themommie Posts: 5,033 Member
    So sorry for your loss, I cant imagine what you went through. But glad to hear you are ready to make some positive changes for you and your son. There is alot of support here and I know you will meet your goals
This discussion has been closed.