Tummy Tuck and skin removal after 190 pound weight loss!

Options

Replies

• sorcha1977
    sorcha1977 Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    I'm not sure what your situation was, but anyone who's interested should talk to their insurance company. I know some plans will cover some/most/all of it if you've lost a certain percentage of body weight and your doctor can prove it's causing issues. My doctor told me to keep track of how often I get rashes underneath the belly folds (and take pictures), things like that. So, please, talk to your doctors, and they can help you work with your insurance to consider it necessary and not cosmetic.
  • strawberrytoast
    strawberrytoast Posts: 711 Member
    Options
    Huge weight loss congratulations!! Give us some pics of the finished job too :smile:
  • delgadodelgado1120
    delgadodelgado1120 Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    You look great!

Did they tell you how much they took off?

Hi! Yes I asked, he said about 5 to 7 pounds of skin. No lipo :blushing:
  • delgadodelgado1120
    Options
    I'm not sure what your situation was, but anyone who's interested should talk to their insurance company. I know some plans will cover some/most/all of it if you've lost a certain percentage of body weight and your doctor can prove it's causing issues. My doctor told me to keep track of how often I get rashes underneath the belly folds (and take pictures), things like that. So, please, talk to your doctors, and they can help you work with your insurance to consider it necessary and not cosmetic.

You are right, but what the insurance will cover if anythjng is called a panneculectomy. Meaning the part that hangs. That is why ur dr wants pics of under the folds. They will not cover any type of cosmetic fix associated with that, including placement of the belly button.normally that is extra so you pay less butbyo get it done right u still have to come out of pocket.
  • RHSheetz
    RHSheetz Posts: 268 Member
    Options
    I am trying to drop my BF to about 9% and trying to fill the loose skin with Muscle. Had a slight issue after I hit goal and put some back on, so I am working it off now. I will make a decision on redundant skin removal once I see where I am at. But thanks for the information cause I might be going down this road next year.
  • delgadodelgado1120
    Options
    I am trying to drop my BF to about 9% and trying to fill the loose skin with Muscle. Had a slight issue after I hit goal and put some back on, so I am working it off now. I will make a decision on redundant skin removal once I see where I am at. But thanks for the information cause I might be going down this road next year.

Good kuck! That is what I did....thats why I didnt need lipo. Also he said not to touch my arms or legs or back cause the muxvle had filled it in nicely. The stomach wasnt gettkng better after a year of trhing, in fact it got worse cause I lost moreweight.
  • Barefoot115
    Barefoot115 Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    Wow! Great job, you look amazing! I live in Key Largo, who did you go to for the surgery? Were you happy with his/her care? This is definitely a long term goal of mine.
  • dragonleo13
    Options
    Have any of you that are debating a tummy tuck tried the skinny wraps? I've seen awesome results on other people that have had the same issue.

https://sphotos-a.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-frc1/487868_363901233723857_1851183782_n.jpg

I think if it worked that well for her - wouldn't it be worth a try to just see? I'm not judging anyone I am just curious if you guys have even heard of this product instead of spending thousands of dollars with a surgeon.
  • totalsham
    totalsham Posts: 217 Member
    Options
    how much did the tuck cost?
  • delgadodelgado1120
    Options
    I did my surgery at the University of Miami and Jackson hospital. I paid about $9800. Much more than average but I wanted the best. I was not taking chances with just anyone putting me under anesthesia for 6 hours. The team was amazing. I didnt try the wrap but i suggest to anyone try everything else first so you can go into this peacefully. The recovery is not that bad I only took meds day 1 and 2. Ive been walking a few miles since day 3.

I do have scars but my suregon sewed me from the inside so it will just be a faint line when its all healed. I had nurses coming into my room at night just to see his incisions. Good luck to anyone considering it!
  • Pippa_ttc
    Pippa_ttc Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    wow u look fab x
  • Majal10
    Majal10 Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    where do you get this skinny wrap
    ?
    Have any of you that are debating a tummy tuck tried the skinny wraps? I've seen awesome results on other people that have had the same issue.

https://sphotos-a.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-frc1/487868_363901233723857_1851183782_n.jpg

I think if it worked that well for her - wouldn't it be worth a try to just see? I'm not judging anyone I am just curious if you guys have even heard of this product instead of spending thousands of dollars with a surgeon.
  • rileamoyer
    rileamoyer Posts: 2,411 Member
    Options
    Congratulations on your achievement and in finishing the job medically AFTER doing your part. GREAT WORK!
  • kazsjourney
    kazsjourney Posts: 263 Member
    Options

Good kuck! That is what I did....thats why I didnt need lipo. Also he said not to touch my arms or legs or back cause the muxvle had filled it in nicely. The stomach wasnt gettkng better after a year of trhing, in fact it got worse cause I lost moreweight.

What body fat percentage did you get down too? And was that your goal BF% or did you go further?
  • momma_hotness
    momma_hotness Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    Absolutely great job on the weight loss!
  • onwarddownward
    onwarddownward Posts: 1,683 Member
    Options
    I am wondering about the thigh tuck. I have big old wrinkles on the inner thighs.

Also, how long were you at your goal and maintaining before you went for the surgery?
  • nurse2022
    nurse2022 Posts: 18
    Options
    Congratulations!! You look great!! I'm just starting out and will be looking eventually at the need for this. It's good to hear from
    someone who has/is going through it.
  • Laura8603
    Laura8603 Posts: 590 Member
    Options
    Good for you!! After losing 200 pounds, I also needed plastic surgery to remove the skin. Mentally I needed it to feel "whole" again. Best money ever spent. I hate hearing people say they cannot afford it. Where there is a will there is a way. I tell them to start saving or make sure their credit score is good so they can get a loan. It can be done.
  • delgadodelgado1120
    Options
    I just realized how horrible that spelling was... I responded from my tablet which clearly does not have autocorrect lol
  • delgadodelgado1120
    Options
    Good for you!! After losing 200 pounds, I also needed plastic surgery to remove the skin. Mentally I needed it to feel "whole" again. Best money ever spent. I hate hearing people say they cannot afford it. Where there is a will there is a way. I tell them to start saving or make sure their credit score is good so they can get a loan. It can be done.

I completely agree. A big factor for me was that I was going to make myself sick if I didn't do it. Your mind doesn't catch up to your body and I kept thinking I needed to lose weight. How long did it take for your swelling to go down?!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!