Starting insanity

Options
This will be my... Third attempt? Every time I start I manage to give up after a few days. The last time I didn't even get half way thru day one! I want to be serious this time because I want the results! Anybody else want to start with me?
Also, are there any foods chock full of calories? I really can't eat 2500 worth of the food I usually eat, my stomach can only usually handle small meals.

Replies

• theheidstah
    theheidstah Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I'll give it a go with you! I did the fit test last night and was pretty uh, humbled by the results. I could only do like, 4 of the butterfly pushups. I'll send ya a friend request. :)
  • teamryan90
    teamryan90 Posts: 359 Member
    Options
    I will be restarting Insanity. I was on day 15 then I had an injury at work and messed up my rotator cuff.

I also have a motivation and support group here on MFP and on Facebook that you can join. I have over 170 members working out to Team Beachbody programs and my facebook group has over 60 members which over half are doing Insanity.

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/groups/home/14116-total-team-beachbody-support-group

https://www.facebook.com/groups/527307200663612/
  • savlov30
    savlov30 Posts: 233 Member
    Options
    I did 60 days of Insanity. You can do it. Give yourself mini goals. Like today I will only take 3 breaks instead of 5 breaks. Or I will take a ten second break instead of a 20 second break. You have to go at your own pace and you can modify. Shaun T did the 60 days of Insanity back in March and he also struggle. It is an INSANE workout but it is worth finishing. You will see each week that you will get a little stronger. I have a support group on facebook if you like to join. Message me. I am currently doing Asylum 2. This is the hardest workout I have ever done. I did Asylum. It took me three times to finish that workout. I believe in you. Start again and keep going. Don't quit. What worked for me is a support group. Posting daily about the workout.
  • babyk78
    babyk78 Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    I'm starting Insanity for the third time Monday. The last two times my schedule got in the way. I'm going to make myself finish this as I want the results too. Good luck to you :)
    This will be my... Third attempt? Every time I start I manage to give up after a few days. The last time I didn't even get half way thru day one! I want to be serious this time because I want the results! Anybody else want to start with me?
    Also, are there any foods chock full of calories? I really can't eat 2500 worth of the food I usually eat, my stomach can only usually handle small meals.
  • copastorsylvia
    Options
    I will. I started Insanity on Monday. I have to take multiple breaks. This is my 3rd time starting.
  • TinkTribe
    TinkTribe Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    I'm starting Insanity for the 3rd attempt today and I'm really hoping to finish the whole thing! The past couple times I attempted it, there was a lot of stuff going on and I never did finish. I did complete one month. I'm starting this again because I KNOW I can do it, just gotta push myself. Good luck!!!
  • Microfiber
    Microfiber Posts: 956 Member
    Options
    Good luck everybody :flowerforyou:

Rest day tomorrow then on Wednesday, I start the Recovery week :drinker:
  • StrongLife
    StrongLife Posts: 525 Member
    Options
    I just started Insanity Asylum. Did the Vertical Plyo. Holy crap! I had to press pause a lot but I really did like the jumps in this routine. Good luck to all!
  • grimendale
    grimendale Posts: 2,153 Member
    Options

http://www.livestrong.com/article/28482-list-calorie-dense-foods/

See the above link for some good, calorie dense foods. If you want, you can also look through my diary to see what I've been eating (2600 to 2800, though it will probably be going up when I start month 2 today).