I am in shock!!! But in a good way...

Options
I started my diet last Monday and have been eating 1200 calories a day, doing some mild exercise (I can't exercise too vigorously as I am recovering from a broken pelvis and can't fully weight-bear yet) and drinking 2 litres of water. I was 200lbs last Monday morning - today I am 189lbs:bigsmile: I even had to wake my daughter to check the reading for me, I was so surprised! (it was 6am when I weighed in) :happy: Now I know this kind of weight loss won't be sustained and I will probably only lose 1 - 2 lbs a week from here on in, but I just had to share my news. It works!!! I WILL be 140lbs again, I know it now. Happy Monday everyone.:flowerforyou:

Replies

• cpu22girl
    Options
    That's excellent!! WTG!:smile:
  • DKWaggoner
    DKWaggoner Posts: 185
    Options
    Congrats!!:bigsmile:
  • less_carbs_4_life
    less_carbs_4_life Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Feels great, doesn't it??!! congrats:bigsmile:
  • owengem
    owengem Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    Love that feeling! Good work x
  • Beebee78
    Beebee78 Posts: 703
    Options
    Well done xxx
  • tradle
    tradle Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    Wow it's taken me weeks to lose that much. Well done and all the best for future losses.
  • rubysparkle
    rubysparkle Posts: 362 Member
    Options
    well done...i also had a loss this morning and was doing my little happy dance on the scales :)
  • BigGail
    BigGail Posts: 465 Member
    Options
    That's a brilliant start! Wow! Well done you.
  • 3110cynthia
    Options
    congradulations - that's amazing - good for you - gosh i hope it happens for me - i started yesterday - have a good one, cynthia
  • jeanineadele
    Options
    Great Job!!! That is Fantastic!
  • anu_6986
    anu_6986 Posts: 702 Member
    Options
    That is awesome! Congratulations :)
  • bloblynda
    bloblynda Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    great news. Well done
  • Amandac6772
    Amandac6772 Posts: 1,311 Member
    Options
    Awesome job!
  • akaDumbo
    akaDumbo Posts: 187
    Options
    Great start to you journey
  • christopher_stockdale
    Options
    Me too! I'm thinking that most of our bodies are way more resilient than we'd thought for years, and I know personally that a strict diet plus exercise is beginning make a difference, and my body is finally starting to work as intended again. 30 more pounds, and I'll actually be able to feel human again, I think.
  • gnrshelton
    gnrshelton Posts: 358 Member
    Options
    That first week is always a great boost and motivator. It's that much less to lose. I'm happy for you. Keep up the good work. A broken pelvis is nothing to mess with. Be careful.
  • lisalynn35
    lisalynn35 Posts: 250 Member
    Options
    Great work!
  • Pete1977
    Pete1977 Posts: 14
    Options
    Love it! Way to go :)
  • Amber030583
    Amber030583 Posts: 490 Member
    Options
    That is AWESOME!!!!! Just think it will make your recovery that much easier with less weight! WAY TO GO!
  • Angiepackmom4
    Options
    Way to go!!!!