Anyone getting in shape to go on a Cruise or a Vacation ??

2»

Replies

• skinnydreams19
    skinnydreams19 Posts: 282 Member
    And be slim enough to eat all that I want on vacation and not feel guilty about it/worry about a little holiday weight gain :)
  • Yes!! I will be going on my very FIRST cruise the end of Oct 2013. I want to lose around 20 lbs before then.. More if possible.. Feel free to add me. I use MFP everyday!! :)
  • starrgrrl
    starrgrrl Posts: 5
    My vacation is a major motivator, not the only one but its a mid term goal an it's definately helping me to stick at it. We're going to thailand and Vietnam for 3 weeks in september and I'm using this to keep pushing my weight loss. I need regular goals for motivation, wedding in August, vacation in September etc i find it helps when the 'lifestyle change' bit seems very far away.
    And there's no chance in hell I'm going to be working out while on vacation, or watching what I'm eating. Trying to calculate what a street food vendor in Chiang Mai has put in his pad thai would drive both me and my partner mad. I'm hoping the copious amounts of walking we tend to do while away and the crazy heat will counteract most of the damage. I travel regularly enough and haven't put weight on while on while away once, it's the sitting in front of the tv eating crisps that does the damage to me!
    Feels free to add me! China is amazing by the way!
  • tnwombles
    tnwombles Posts: 6 Member
    I am! Brand new to MFP and I can't believe how awesome this site is!! We are going to the Bahamas Jan 1st 2014. 16 weeks to lose 15lbs. I hope I can make my goal!! :)
  • angel79202
    angel79202 Posts: 1,012 Member
    going on vaca in 2 weeks..
    as a reward trip next year..I want to go back to Santa Monica..now to lose..a lot..of weight..
  • KBoddu
    KBoddu Posts: 237 Member
    Going on a cruise Dec. 15th for my graduation trip! Trying to lose around 50 pounds. Down 12 thus far for this month with Wednesday weigh in to end the month. ;)
  • MB_Positif
    MB_Positif Posts: 8,897 Member
    Love all these fabulous vacations coming up. That said, losing weight for the sole purpose of an event can go south when the event is over. While it's great to have the date of the trip as a goal, start considering some more long term reasons for your weight loss or you will find it is easy to slack off after the event. Good luck.
  • Im going on a cruise in december!! I hope to lose 30 pounds by then!!
  • alliemarie77
    alliemarie77 Posts: 378 Member
    My husband and I are planning to take our kids and his mother on a cruise next Summer. I am hoping to be maintaining by then. (-:
  • larsensue
    larsensue Posts: 461 Member
    Cruise in 2015 want to be at goal weight and buff!
  • basslinewild
    basslinewild Posts: 294 Member
    I was maintaining when I went on a cruise in June of this year. After eating the buffet three times a day for a week, plus tons of ice cream, I gained 7lbs. :blushing: It was worth it though!
  • Lyadeia
    Lyadeia Posts: 4,603 Member
    I'm going on a cruise in October-Nov this year, and I plan on going as a size 4 and weighing under 130 pounds. That's slightly less than 1 pound per week loss, but I am determined to get it done!
  • tnwombles
    tnwombles Posts: 6 Member
    My husband and I are going on a cruise on Jan 1st next year and I am doing everything I can to get into shape! We will be celebrating our 10th wedding anniversary and I was about 30lbs heavier when we were married. I would love to knock his socks off wearing a cute swimsuit.

How are y'all getting into shape?

What is your exercise routine. What are you eating/limiting from your diet?

I need all the help I can get!

TIA!!
  • MzManiak
    MzManiak Posts: 1,361 Member
    I'm getting in shape because I want to look fit as fukk ALL the time... I want to be able to look down at my tummy and be like, 3 kids? So what? No excuses!

I guess I'm just greedy. :laugh: