Hi I'm New and looking for friends

Options
Hi every one, I.ve been using this app for over a week now, it's been great watching what I eat, exercise I've completed & those awful sneaky snacks I've been getting into. I was 283.5lbs when I started 6 weeks ago, I am currently 249.1lbs, slowly getting my weight down but at times I find it a struggle. I've started enjoying my exercise lately, been hard at it for the last week and a bit, weights not dropping of as quickly as it was previously but I think it's a result of muscle tonning, well that's what I keep telling myself.
I started as a result of not being able to keep op with my little girls, now days they tend to come watch me workout and giggle at me, it's been a blast.

I'm looking for a buddy that I can converse with during the "down" periods, also someone to share the highlights with.

Replies

• boomstick13s
    Options
    Welcome to the site! Keeping up with the kids is one of the best motivators!
  • sal05
    sal05 Posts: 11
    Options
    feel free to add me as a friend...........this site is great! Welcome
  • KellieMcMurdy
    KellieMcMurdy Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    I'm kind of in the same boat ... I started at 255 and I weighedin this morning at 246.6. I don't think I've plateaued or done any tonight this week but we had a birthday party yesterday and I wasn't keeping track this week so now I've got to get back at it. My boys don't catch me exercising since I go to Zumba but my 3 year old asks if I'm going to "boogie" then laughs, he thinks that's pretty funny. But they are the majority of my motivation, I want to be able to keep up with them.

I wish you the best of luck on your journey and you're welcome to friend me if you'd like.
  • sherhop
    sherhop Posts: 25
    Options
    Hey. I, too, am fairly new to this site. I've been using it for a couple of weeks. It has definitely helped me to start exercising when I'm able and to watch what I eat.
    Congrats on your weight loss so far. It seems you have very good motivation with your children. I hope you continue to look forward and keep your eyes on the prize
  • pink_butterfly
    Options
    Just joined this site today. Still trying to figure out how to use everything lol. But very good luck to you all! Sounds like this site really works!
  • Barbie55127
    Barbie55127 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Welcome add me as a friend I have lots of weight to lose as well! It's nice to have encouragement from others just like ourselves!
    You have a terrific start WOW! what a weight loss so far, keep up the good work!
  • missouri_rain
    missouri_rain Posts: 560 Member
    Options
    Hello and welcome, feel free to add me :)
  • AfroGeek
    AfroGeek Posts: 18
    Options
    Welcome to MFP. I joined about a month ago and its been great! I have two boys, 10 and 14, and its been wonderful becoming more active as a family. Congrats on your loss for far. :happy: