Less Than Him

Options

Replies

• thinmint23
    Options
    dont forget today is weigh-in!! so yet another week is down and still didnt lose ne thing not even an ounce..am i at a plaeatu?? its almost 3 weeks at the same weight..im not eating bad i eat healthy foods dinner is usually chicken or fish occaisonally steak but lean meat...VEGETABLES!!!!!! a small amount of a starch not huge like i use to breakfast i eat granola bar, lunch a sandwich...and at the end of the day im usually under my calories not by much but maybe 110 the most.. i exercise at least 3 times a week if not more..hmmm i guess we will see what next week brings me...
  • corena
    corena Posts: 141 Member
    Options
    Well I did not gain or lose, from last week, did change my weight on here from the week before tho, forgot to last week. However I did go thru my eating journal and looks like I am taking in alot of carbs so this week i am going to try to reduce the carbs and up the protiens and see if that will get me budging. Hope so. Everyone have super weekend!!
  • zolamercedes
    zolamercedes Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    I am at ... 215!!!! So I lost one lb this week. YAY! I was hoping for a bigger loss I've worked out almost every day and got two HUGE calorie burn days, but maybe next week it will show. Yesterday the scale said 214, so I guess I had too much sugar and salt yesterday. I broke down and hunted down, I mean HUNTED down, went to three locations, to buy strawberry sweet and sour belts, like the ones from the movies, and ate a whole bag of pop chips. I felt guilty of course, so I walked on the treadmill for an hour. I have to figure out a way to deal with these crazy food habits. Blah.

SO I will focus on keeping my sodium intake below the goals, I go over everyday. I will also work on eating to stay full so that I don't go crazy hunting down sweets like I did yesterday!!

thinmint 23 - Maybe you should up your calorie intake? If it's too low the scale does not budge. Is your diet setting on two lbs a weeks or one? I moved mine to one lb a week and I feel like I see a constant move down.

corena - I totally know about cutting carbs. I've been doing low carb lately and the weight has slowly been coming off, but it's coming. Just watch out for the crazy cravings you'll get. Stay full on veggies and proteins. That's where I went wrong yesterday. Had a super light breakfast, no snack, and super super light lunch. You have to stay full on veggies and proteins in order to make it through the carb cravings. You can do it!!
  • miss_amy
    miss_amy Posts: 351
    Options
    hey ladies!

i'm at the same weight as earlier in the week-- i usually "officially" weigh in on mondays so we'll see what happens then. for some reason (this is so weird), i tend to lose my weight on the weekends and then gain a few back during the week, and then lose that plus more on the weekend again... this is the cycle i've been in for a few weeks. is that strange? i actually usually eat more and work out less on the weekends (i try to work out but sometimes i take a day off on the weekend). i feel like when i'm really good during the week (eat just below my calorie allowance) the weight sloooowly comes off, but when i'm more lenient i lose faster. i guess i can't really complain cuz i've consistantly lost this month (10lbs is pretty darn good!) but i just find it strange. i know you're not supposed to weigh yourself everyday, but i do just to keep myself in check. :laugh:
  • SouthernBell86
    SouthernBell86 Posts: 275 Member
    Options
    Hey Ladies! Weigh in day! I was so afraid I wasn't going to lose any this week. But! I lost 7 ounces, so I'm down to 222.3!

You know this has been a really interesting week for me, so I'm not surprised that I only lost half of my goal (trying for 1 and a half per week). I am not upset though, any weight loss is appreciated :D It has been a good week of exercise, but I've been really bad about breakfast though, and I think that definitely influences my metabolism, as well as my overall emotions.

Anyway, ready for another week!
  • hkystar
    hkystar Posts: 1,290 Member
    Options
    I hurt so bad today from my wed weight lifting and thurs rugby practice. Tonight is just gonna be full of rest!

SW 215.2 (from beginning of thread)
    CW 210.5 (last week 212.5)

I gave away 2 pounds this week (lost implies they are missing and i dont really want to find them again). Current Mini goal is 10 pounds by halloween ... only 8 pounds left to give away!
  • rlouise247
    rlouise247 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Hi all,
    Weighed in this morning at 223.8 so lost 1.4lbs this week. Was hoping for 2 but I'm happy with what I got considering Aunt Flow just left town. I will be shooting for 2lbs again nxt week. I'm in for the 15lbs by Halloween, starting from now so 208 by Halloween or lower. I hope everyone has a good weekend and a great week!
  • LainMac
    LainMac Posts: 412 Member
    Options
    Good morning MFPers,

This morning I weighed in at 205.6 - which official puts me at the 10 pound mark ~ good news yes, but puts me at a lower calorie level. I am wrapping my mind around moving more to get back that 60 or so calories.

I was on Mt Plateau for a couple of weeks. Did everything right and nothing happened!

Had a few "less than perfect days" shall we say and then got back on the wagon and bippty bobbty boo! Down a 1.5 pounds.

My body is just slow I suppose or did those "less than perfect days" tell my body , "No, no, there is no famine. It is okay to shed some weight."

Who knows? It just goes to show that for me, I have to keep on keeping on because what I did today or yesterday or last week won't show until way later.

In other news, I finally figured out my interim goal.

I want to weight 196 or less ~ while fully clothed, wearing shoes, having an full stomach, while not worrying about the weight of any sort of bodily fluids.
  • HeaterM
    HeaterM Posts: 275
    Options
    ohhh sorry guys im not at my house this weekend will have my weigh in as soon as i can <3 hope all is well keep me updated!!
  • thinmint23
    Options
    monday monday!!! How was everyones weekend??
  • miss_amy
    miss_amy Posts: 351
    Options
    hey everyone! my weekend was good. i went shopping for my trip this week- i am going to san diego from wednesday til monday- soooooo excited! i'm going to try to do my best to track my calories and be reasonable with eating while i'm there. i'm also gonna do a lot of walking on the beach! hopefully it will all balance out with any bad meals i have out there :) but if not, i'm not gonna sweat it. i've been looking forward to this vacation for months and i want to enjoy it without feeling too guilty :laugh:

my weight loss has kind of stalled from a combination of lack of exercise last week + a few bad meals, but i'm not gonna fret... once i'm back from vacation next monday, i'm going to kick my weight loss back into gear!
  • zolamercedes
    zolamercedes Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    Good morning!!

I had an aweful Sunday. The hubby was gone for the night so what did I do?? I got Taco Bell and cupcakes! I ate an extra 1000 calories. I should have jumped on the treadmill, but I was feeling sorry for myself and couldn't stop eating again. I think Sunday is my bad day with food. Oh wait, I had a tough day the other day too. Well, hopefully the few bad days will somehow magically turn into a big loss this week. I think someone on here said they were bad a few days and they lost. Here's to hoping it works that way for me.

SOOOOO.... Today I will be working out twice. I'll do a firm weight lifting video, and hope I get a good after burn going, and then jump on the treadmill for an hour. If I can squeeze an extra walk in tonight that would be great! I am supposed to be going to the movies so I will take my own air popped popcorn and try to avoid the candy, since I love those dang strawberry belt things. BLAH :grumble:
  • SouthernBell86
    SouthernBell86 Posts: 275 Member
    Options
    Hey! I had a great weekend! Pretty reasonable eating, and good exercise on Friday and Saturday. Saturday I did some running during my walk for the first time, and I felt more sore than usual so I decided I would take a rest on Sunday. Oh! And for a little over a week I experimented with lowering my calorie intake, to see if it would speed up weight loss or what have you...it definitely slowed down. Well I brought calorie intake back up to around my BMR, and my weight loss has seemed to speed up accordingly.

So that is awesome! Eat more and lose more weight? GREAT!
  • corena
    Options
    Had a pretty good weekend, probably ate a few things i should not have, but did not over indulge. (daughter (12) made her first cake so we had to eat some of it). Looking forward to a good week and fun long weekend. Have a BBQ and Pool party planned with family and friends so it should be lots of fun.
  • thinmint23
    Options
    so I had a rough weekend..o well who doesnt ..saturday we went out to a sports pub with friends I had a huge cheeseburger and fries and man o man I paid for it later! I guess my body changed already and wasn't use to the grease and stuff..sunday I think is officially my bad day lol I had my nephews 11th bday pool party so I had 2 hot dogs with the buns and raw veggies and dip..and of course a sliver of cake..lol I hope everyones week goes well! =)
  • hkystar
    Options
    I am having an awful work week, but I am proud of myself in that I havent turned to my old friend food. I just keep doing what I am doing and using exericse as my release instead of food. I am so ready for tomorrows weigh in!
  • hkystar
    Options
    SW 215.2 (from beginning of thread)
    CW 208.4 (last week 210.5)

I gave away 2.1 pounds this week (lost implies they are missing and i dont really want to find them again). Current Mini goal has been moved by 1 pound (8 weeks to halloween so goal is to give away 8 more pounds).
  • corena
    Options
    Well did pretty good but only lost 1/2 lb, but my "incentive" shorts buttoned, can't zip yet, but getting closer. Yea for the holiday weekend. Everyone have a safe and happy one. We will be BBQing and Pool party.
  • rlouise247
    rlouise247 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Hi guys...I did weigh yesterday, no loss for me...picked up 1.2 lbs in fact. Weighed in at 225. I'm not happy with it, but I'm just gonna keep plugging away...because I am happy with how I can't stop myself from going to the gym or walking or doing some kind of activity everyday. I feel really in tune with my body and feel like I'm on the right track, so no quitting here!! I will check in with you guys next week and have a great weekend!!!
  • Danielle_81
    Options
    Hey everyone....I've been MIA for a couple weeks now. I've had a lot going on in my life. But last week I lost, can't remember how much off the top of my head I think 2.1 lbs. And then this week I was up 1.4 lbs. Was so frustrated Friday because of it. I stayed in my calories every day. But then yesterday TOM hit. I wasn't really expecting it. My son is 10 months old and this is the first since he's been born. And now it's really throwing me for a loop. It's making me crazy hungry which isn't normal for me. But I'm just going with the flow (no pun intended :blushing: ) and will get back on track when my body is done going crazy! :laugh:

I'm glad to see everyone is hanging in there and making progress. Just remember, even if you don't see a loss you are making progress because you have 1 more week down that you made yourself healthier! And in the long run it'll pay off!!!

So I got a new job. I'm a nurse and work at a sit down job right now. Mucho boring! I've been trying to get back to patient care for over a year and I finally got an offer! The other side to that coin is now we are moving. This is actually a great thing as we've been trying to relocate closer to family since April and now we are! But it is going to mean a very hectic and busy 3 weeks. So I may continue not being around very much for the next few weeks but I will be lurking and I will be back! TTYL :drinker: