i'm 5'5'' 164 lbs......did anyone start here and been succes

Options
2»

Replies

• lhuber1105
    lhuber1105 Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    very happy reading some of these posts--extremely happy for all of you who have lost weight. I just joined yesterday--this is a really motivating site. I have a long way to go 5'6" and 197lbs. I am trying to find people who can keep me motivated--I have some friends who have recently lost a lot of weight so they have inspired me but they have reached their goals and I am just starting. thank you all for you stories.
    Lora
  • scagneti
    scagneti Posts: 707 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'5", now 145, started here at 156 but was heavier before. Sadly I didn't know about MFP or I would have lost the around 20 lbs I lost before MFP faster (took me around 6 months -- but that was just walking around 5 miles a day and cutting back food at night. I didn't add water, cut sodium or even really monitor my calories too much). I've lost 10 pounds in the last month by adding lots of fun exercises and being accountable by calculating my calories. This is an amazing resource and there's tons of people to ask questions to!

Good luck! As long as you're serious, you shouldn't have any problems fitting in that bikini. I'm hoping to fit in a tiny one in June! :smile:
  • reikichris
    Options
    I am 6'2 (female) and started at 185. I have lost 16 pounds the first month. I do 30 minutes of cardio per day and stick to the 1200 net calories. My snacks usually consist of raw fruits and vegetables, sometimes with a yogurt dip or some hummus. The first week was the hardest, changing my eating and exercise habits so drastically. But it has worked. My weight loss has slowed down some, but every day I am closer to my goal.

Good luck to you! I know you can do it.
  • YasminR
    YasminR Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    Hello, I'm a little shorter at 5'1" and weigh 168lbs. Have had a difficult start but begiing to feel like i'm getting into a groove. in 2008 i got down to 146lbs and was going strong then lost my job and headed for the fridge without looking back.

Let's do this together and we'll get there. This site is brillaint and has been so good for me.:love:
  • meanness67
    meanness67 Posts: 366 Member
    Options
    I am 5'5" and started 2 years ago at 176.5 then blew out my knee when I was about 160 lbs. After surgery and physical therapy, I was gaining weight back. I started back up on mfp on Dec. 1 of last year at 168 lbs and have lost 16 lbs and a whole lot of inches. I am currently doing Couch 2 5K and am on day 4 of P90X.

Glad to see so many posters in this range. Everyone, feel free to send me a friend request as it's all about the support you get here on MFP!!! :wink:
  • erin44476
    Options
    well, Im a very impatient person. Im 5'5 I started on January 1st 2012 as a resolution after 2 kids to get my body back.. I have a desk job.... But my weight on the 1st was 164.4 and I totally cut almost all carbs out. No cheese, sugar, soda, alcohol, pasta, bread.. Ive been eating chicken n veggies for dinner.... Fish n veggies... drinking lemon water in the morning then 20 minutes later eating fiber cereal in the morning WITHOUT milk. lol using water... (its not that bad) and then little snacks at set times during the day before and after lunch. abd I never eat Dinner after 5:30. Ive been trying to work out everyday whether I walk or work out and do crunches. Im def NOT starving myself. I just totally started eating better and doing physical activity and its werid because Im down alreadt on Jan 9th... to 155.4 sooooo Hopefully Im doing it right... after the first like 4 days... all my crazings went away. I want to be down 40 pounds by March 1st. Any other tips someone can give me would be awesome!!! :)
  • mshel19
    mshel19 Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    im 5"4 and 166lbs just starting offf i want to be 120 so im looking for friends on here for motivation! if all of these people can do it why cant we ! :)
  • girlieeee
    girlieeee Posts: 1
    Options
    I started March 3rd (18 weeks ago) at 5'4 1/2" 164lbs. As of last Sunday I have lost 21lbs! Tomorrow is weigh in day! I want to lose more, but I'm not sure how much...I think I will know it when I get there. Maybe size 8 or size 6?

<
    this is the old me!
  • Cellery67
    Cellery67 Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'5'' and 157 but I've been at 165 before. I just started Insanity this week and I'm loving it (although I think I might up my calories because right now I'm at 1350 which seems kind of low to me--would love anyone's thoughts). My ultimate goals is 135 but I'm more just looking to have a better body fat % (I got a scale that says I'm at 30% right now, and I'm technically overweight according to BMI). I will definitely friend you, I've just gotten back into mfp and it's so motivational!
  • Difinitive
    Options
    Hi, Im 5'4 and 175. I don't know how I got here. Ok...yes I do. I need to watch everything I eat. Ultimate goal 145. I love keeping track. Its a bible..of what Im doing. at 1200. I stop.
  • pe4sandra
    pe4sandra Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    Hello all! I am 5'4" and my starting weight was 163. I have lost 40 pounds since finding MFP in January. I could not have lost the weight without this tool. I value the support and appreciate the accountability factor. Logging in my food keeps me honest and helps me stay on track. You're going to love the suggestions and tips you'll find here. Welcome!:flowerforyou:
  • nicolecasey10
    nicolecasey10 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    i started at 183 lbs and am down to 166 lbs i'm 5"7 hoping to get down to 154 did any one start at that weight?
  • 1916mommy
    1916mommy Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I was 173 in oct & now I am 148 I only want to be 145
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!