In need of supportive friends

Options
Hello everyone! i am fairly new here....again. This is my second time. I really do know how important it is to not only log my food(honestly), but also have good friends to encourage and support me.

The first time around I lost 70 pounds. After reaching my goal, however, I started slipping on my log and got busy with life. I ended up putting 35 pounds back on over the last year.

So far i have been able to rid myself of 7 of them, but I sure could use your help. Please feel free to add me as a friend and I promise to give the same support and encouragement that I need from you.

Replies

• Marie285
    Marie285 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Hi, I'm also am in need of supportive friends. I has some good success for several years with WW, but my son had a serious health issue last year ( he us doing well now) and I lost track and my focus was completely on him. I have gained back almost all I had lost and need to get back on track. So please feel free to add me.
  • lindsaysusyn
    lindsaysusyn Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Me too - I just started using this site yesterday. I am in such a slump and need to get myself back on track!
  • uortian
    uortian Posts: 28
    Options
    Greetings! I hear you on needing support. Feel free to add me if you'd like. I try to get on every day. And yes, there are some days where I cringe a little while filling out my food diary. But you know? Life goes on! So long as we get back on track, all is well.
  • danamariers
    danamariers Posts: 155 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me!

I'm logging almost every day (even the things that make me ashamed) but just got to take it a day at a time and know that I will improve!

Happy Saturday all!
  • domichula
    domichula Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Wow, first of all congratulations on losing those 70 lbs. How many people could say they have accomplished that?! Don't worry, you'll get there again. I also need encouragement and I think this is a great site to keep each other motivated! I have a 70 lb weight loss goal and have tried everything, only to get discouraged. I hope I can be of support to you and vice versa.

What type of eating and exercise plan are you following?
  • Dkido
    Dkido Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Hi - congrats on getting back on the weight loss wagon! I know what it's like to lose and then gain back, and how mad at yourself you can get for feeling like all that hard work went to waste. I too am determined to hit my goal once and for all, and am now on day 12 of a 90 day workout program. Please feel free to add me - could use some mutual motivation!
  • salt160
    salt160 Posts: 44
    Options
    you guys are all awesome! We all have our stories, eh? It's funny how we can let life get in the way of doing the things we really want to do, or just take over.

Well I am taking it back! No more excuses!!
  • strawberrysweettea
    Options
    Hello! I'm new here as well. I've put on 45 lbs since my second child. He is now two and I have no excuse for being this big. I feel absolutely terrible every single day and I am determined to get my life back!
  • 150tif
    150tif Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    you guys are all awesome! We all have our stories, eh? It's funny how we can let life get in the way of doing the things we really want to do, or just take over.

This is so true! I've watched the scale go higher for me for the past 4 years, since I got married. We got lazy (kinda always were, as we're both bigger but it's gotten worse the past 2 years). No one to blame but myself, just because he'd rather be on the couch doesn't mean I have to sit there with him! Just starting to learn that lesson. Feel free to add me :-)
  • ptw330
    ptw330 Posts: 14
    Options
    Wow, for sure congrats on your loss! 70 lb is amasing!

Please feel free to add! We all have a personal journey to take but it's always good to have people who understand what we going through! I have struggled with my weigh all my life now I've made an active discussion to change my life in start loosing weight!
  • salt160
    Options
    [/quote]
    [/quote]

Quote from 150 tif;
    This is so true! I've watched the scale go higher for me for the past 4 years, since I got married. We got lazy (kinda always were, as we're both bigger but it's gotten worse the past 2 years). No one to blame but myself, just because he'd rather be on the couch doesn't mean I have to sit there with him! Just starting to learn that lesson. Feel free to add me :-)
    [/quote]

I know what you mean. I was in a motorcycle accident in my mid twenties. Just out of the Marine Corps, I was in great shape. I laid in the hospital for over a month and put on 50 lbs!! Since then it has been a struggle to lose weight and keep it off.

I have always loved cycling, so you can see my predicament!! Healthy eating is a lifelong habit...A new lifestyle, and I really need to get that in my brain.
  • rajathwalharris
    Options
    sending request!:smile:
  • jrs3611
    jrs3611 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Hi. I have been pretty active all my life and my weight has been pretty stable. I have never been a skinny whinny, but I have been comfortable at about 150 lbs. However, menopause is here. Over the past 2 years I have gained about 30 pounds. Yes, I make bad food choices at times, but who doesn't?. My husband and kids (boys) are not very good cheer leaders! I think my problem now is nighttime eating. After dinner, when I am finished with whatever I have to do, I tend to sit down and have a glass of wine or snack on salty snacks (I love salt). Sometimes I don't even realize that I have eaten 2 whole servings worth. I need some hints for nighttime eating. Anyone have any suggestions? I look forward to blogging with you all.

P.S I started taking a Zumba class. I love it. It is a great, fun exercise versus the mundane treadmill. If you have the opportunity to take it, give it a try. It is super fun and don't worry how you look. We are all watching the instructor's feet to get the moves.
  • jrs3611
    jrs3611 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Also, I am going to try Boot Camp at my gym. Has anyone tried it?
  • marciebrian
    marciebrian Posts: 853 Member
    Options
    Great attitude and what happened yesterday does not have to happen again today. Yes, life happens and we just have to carry on and live it the best we can! Best wishes to you and you'll do this!:flowerforyou:
  • salt160
    Options
    Hi. I have been pretty active all my life and my weight has been pretty stable. I have never been a skinny whinny, but I have been comfortable at about 150 lbs. However, menopause is here. Over the past 2 years I have gained about 30 pounds. Yes, I make bad food choices at times, but who doesn't?. My husband and kids (boys) are not very good cheer leaders! I think my problem now is nighttime eating. After dinner, when I am finished with whatever I have to do, I tend to sit down and have a glass of wine or snack on salty snacks (I love salt). Sometimes I don't even realize that I have eaten 2 whole servings worth. I need some hints for nighttime eating. Anyone have any suggestions? I look forward to blogging with you all.

P.S I started taking a Zumba class. I love it. It is a great, fun exercise versus the mundane treadmill. If you have the opportunity to take it, give it a try. It is super fun and don't worry how you look. We are all watching the instructor's feet to get the moves.

Yes! It sure does seem that the older we get the harder it is to lose and maintain the weight. That's why I truly believe that food choices are so important. That, and finding a good exercise that you enjoy.
  • txfarmgirl88
    Options
    Hey,

My name is Brooke.. I love supporting people, but love getting support at the same time.. Anyone can feel free to add me :D i am 24 years old for another month and need to lose about 70lbs.
  • salleymo
    salleymo Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    I just came back to the site yesterday, I was once on Weight Watchers (in 2011) then fell off the wagon and haven't been able to get back on since. I decided I needed a change and I want to be at my goal weight before my 30th birthday (next May).
  • kayfhoward1
    kayfhoward1 Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    First let me say, You guys rock!!! With that being said I think that we can all agree that we all need encouragement. Just the fact that we're here means that we've taken control. Remember the old adage "You can't get there from here". Well that may be true but I'm here to tell you (each and every one of you) that while it may be true that you can't get there from here, it just means that you may have to go around the corner, or over the mountain, or through the valley. Whatever the case may be for you (all of you) just remember whatever your ultimate goal is, you have to start where you are. That starting point will be different for each of us. Try to remember that there are going to be times when we fall (notice I don't call them failures). The key is in how we decide to get back up. The choice is ours; we can choose to let our falls be gravestones and keep us down or we can choose to let them be stepping stones and rise above them, learning from them as we go.

On another note just STOP. This means YOU! Yes YOU! Stop the self-ridicule, the self-hate, the standing in front of the mirror and degrading yourself for what you see. I say this because if you're anything like me, we are our own worst enemies, tearing ourselves down rather than building ourselves up. As I am sure you have come to realize this is useless and works against our ultimate goal, whether it is to be skinny/thin or just to have a healthier lifestyle. With that being said we need to look at ourselves and each other and see how awesome we all are.

I like to quote one of my favorite inspirational speakers, Joyce Meyer. Although I don't know if the statement is hers or if she was quoting it.

"I may not be where I want to be, but thank God I'm not where I used to be."

This has become my mantra.
  • liormintz
    liormintz Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    Please all of you feel free to add me