Wedding diet panick

Options
I'm getting married in 11 weeks and I am 5'4 weigh 144lbs but want to be 123lbs.
Have I left it too late? Please can you give me some tips?
Thanks

Replies

• morticia16
    morticia16 Posts: 230 Member
    Options
    If you loose too much your dress won't fit ;)

Of course you can loose weight in 11 weeks, depending on what you do. But it sounds more like a crash diet advice that you are seeking and I am not sure this is the place to seek such advice since people here deal with lifestyle change more than quick weight loss.

Having said that, I lost 6 kg in 7 weeks since I joined and started monitoring my calories intake, making sure I have sufficient calories deficit.
  • I_Will_End_You
    I_Will_End_You Posts: 4,397 Member
    Options
    You can surely lose some weight, but I wouldn't count on that much. Eat less, move more, and next time you want to lose weight for an event....start sooner.
  • Via88
    Via88 Posts: 46
    Options
    Well first of all congrats on getting married! I agree with I_Will_End_Yo, you can definitely loose something within 11 weeks but probably not as much as you want to. I would just focus on doing what you can, either way i'm sure you will look amazing on your wedding day :)
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    You can surely lose some weight, but I wouldn't count on that much. Eat less, move more, and next time you want to lose weight for an event....start sooner.

This.

You should be able to lose 11lbs without having to resort to unhealthy measures.
  • watfordjc
    watfordjc Posts: 304 Member
    Options
    If you aim for 1% per week you'd be looking at about 133 lb after 8 weeks. 11 weeks would be about 129 lb, plus any water weight if you're not already losing weight (or a change of diet is involved). I mention 8 weeks because I don't know your body and what you'll be wearing - if those ~4 extra pounds would require last minute alterations I'd probably opt for maintenance for a few weeks before.

ETA: Having said that, my calorie deficit was larger than 1% for the 6 weeks before my brother's wedding last month and I spent 97 GBP on last minute suit alterations (i.e. my suit was only ready at 18:45 the night before) - my weekly goal during that period would have been the equivalent to a goal of 1.5 pound/week at your weight.
  • Mokey41
    Mokey41 Posts: 5,769 Member
    Options
    It's probably possible but really think about this. Are you losing weight because you want to lose weight and be healthier or do you want to do it so you'll look a certain way for one day in your life then go right back to whatever you were doing before that got you where you are now?

I've seen so many brides do some crazy crash diet for a few weeks before the wedding that seems to have just snuck up on them and then gain it all back in the few months after the wedding. Our neighbour lost about 75 lbs for her wedding but almost not eating for months before and I ran into her a few weeks ago and didn't even recognize her. She's got to have put 100 lbs back on now. She has a whole lot of wedding pics with this skinny girl that she never was before and probably won't be again but I guess whatever floats your boat.
  • janemontgomery71
    Options
    Congrats on getting married! Yes, it's possible to lose weight, not sure if you can lose that amount in a short time.
  • Achrya
    Achrya Posts: 16,913 Member
    Options
    Congrats on getting married! Yes, it's possible to lose weight, not sure if you can lose that amount in a short time. As it usually takes a combination of eating right, exercising, and taking possible supplements.

With that said, there's a supplement that seems to help regardless of situation. I just read a review about Plexus. It was initially designed specifically for Type 2 diabetics. Anyhow, the reviewer, a running coach, really seems positive about it...see the link below.

http://runtofinish.com/myplexusreview

Hey there, funny thing! I noticed that you haven't been here long (welcome) but that half of your posts so far have been 'promoting' this Plexus stuff. This made me a little curious and so I decided to get a little Jr. detective (news feed is done, I'm bored) and I noticed that the image you've chosen is a fairly common one shared by a talent agency and no less than 5 separate facebook accounts.

This leads me to believe there are some unsavory types using your image. You should really look into that.
  • amyx593
    amyx593 Posts: 211 Member
    Options
    I'm getting married in just over 15 weeks! I've been on a plateau for the last 8 weeks, no losses. I want to lose at least 15lbs by my big day, which is do-able, but not if this plateau continues.

I think I'm going to join a gym again and up the intensity of my workouts. Maybe even do some 2-a-days. Watch my diet more closely- less red meat, carbs and sodium. I don't eat much sugar, so no worries there, but I do need to watch my alcohol intake.

As some others have said... you're not a large person as it is, so I don't think you'll lose that much weight in 11 weeks.
  • scookiemonster
    scookiemonster Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    As others have said, you can lose some weight in that time, but it would be hard to lose that much, especially given that you're not starting out at a particularly high weight.

Here's the thing though: you can lose at least some of the weight if you really commit to it, but do you really want to be focusing on that right now?

You're about to get married. You'll be tasting cakes, planning menus, having family celebrations, bridal showers, etc. All of these are food-based events that you want to enjoy to their fullest extent, not be worrying about counting your calories. Then, add on to that the fact that I truly believe that the last month or so before your wedding is an incredibly difficult and stressful time for most people. No matter how smoothly your planning goes and how well behaved your family is and how relaxed you are about how things will go on your wedding day, I've never met a bride who WASN'T stressed out in the last few months before her wedding. It's particularly hard to lose weight when you're undergoing stress like that, and dieting can add extra stress. Being the bride makes most people crazy to begin with - now add desperately trying to lose weight and being hungry all the time on top of that. It would be hard for you to lose 20lbs in 11 weeks to begin with, but it will be harder for you to do it right now when there's so many other things going on.

I had to lose 20 lbs in the six months before my wedding because when my dress came in it wasn't even close to fitting (I had gained that 20lbs between ordering and first fitting). It was a nightmare, and I felt like I couldn't really enjoy a lot of the events and celebrations leading up to my wedding because of it. I wouldn't recommend it to anyone.

Ultimately, you've got plenty of time to lose weight after the wedding, and those 20lbs won't make as big of a difference as you think they will. Enjoy this time in your life. Get a good photographer who will make your pictures flattering with or without the 20lbs. Lose weight later.
  • LizL217
    LizL217 Posts: 217 Member
    Options
    I just got married on June 22nd and here's the advice I'll give you: Keep making healthy decisions, focus on exercise, but don't obsess about it too much.

The 2 things that will have the biggest positive impact on how you look on your wedding day are:
    1) If your dress fits, and
    2) if you have a big ol' smile on your face.

Getting frantic about losing as much weight as possible before your wedding day can negatively affect both of those factors, so relax and try to REDUCE your stress level leading up to the wedding, don't add to it. You will look beautiful on your wedding day if you are HAPPY!

Good luck!
    (PS: don't listen to that Plexus nonsense)
  • Zylahe
    Zylahe Posts: 772 Member
    Options
    Best way to lose all that weight in a short time is chop off a limb.
    Nott terribly practical though.
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    I've seen so many brides do some crazy crash diet for a few weeks before the wedding that seems to have just snuck up on them and then gain it all back in the few months after the wedding. Our neighbour lost about 75 lbs for her wedding but almost not eating for months before and I ran into her a few weeks ago and didn't even recognize her. She's got to have put 100 lbs back on now. She has a whole lot of wedding pics with this skinny girl that she never was before and probably won't be again but I guess whatever floats your boat.

i dont understand that either... i have a friend who bought a wedding dress 2 sizes to small and is on 2 shakes a day and no carbs till her wedding in august... I'm sure she'll keep that up after the wedding!
  • janemontgomery71
    Options
    Congrats on getting married! Yes, it's possible to lose weight, not sure if you can lose that amount in a short time.
  • janemontgomery71
    Options
    Hey there, funny thing! I noticed that you haven't been here long (welcome) but that half of your posts so far have been 'promoting' this Plexus stuff. This made me a little curious and so I decided to get a little Jr. detective (news feed is done, I'm bored) and I noticed that the image you've chosen is a fairly common one shared by a talent agency and no less than 5 separate facebook accounts.

This leads me to believe there are some unsavory types using your image. You should really look into that.
    Yes, my posts have included the Plexus link, but I'm not representing it. It's worked well for me and the link I have directed others to is a review by a running coach that introduced Plexus to me. Unfortunately, the admins herein don't like I've presented this review link.