"UPDATE" 63 lbs. lost in 5 months w pics. Share ur pics

Options
DUCKIEGYRL
DUCKIEGYRL Posts: 186 Member
Okay, Where do I start:laugh:

Well, I stepped on the scale today and I am under 200 lbs.

35 year old wife and mother . Been with my partner for almost 8 years and we have a 2 year old son.

I have always had self esteem and weight issues, but they became increasingly worse as I got older.

My turning point was in August 2012 when I became sick. I noticed I started to crave sweets and costantly started emotional eating.

Oneday i wa at work and I lost my eye sight and started to have chest pains (I never told my wife this :sad: )But it really scared me, I went to the doctor they ran a lot of tests. The nurse called me and put me on this strict diet. But as we do, I did not follow it.

Well, my blood pressure started to become increasingly high every day 160/75. I also, began to have sugar fits ;meaning I needed sugar all of the time. I was already on blood pressure medicine, metaphormin to help control my glucose levels but I knew something was wrong.

On January 25,2013 I decided to take my life back and change my complete diet and started to exercise.

Went to the doctor to get tested and I was 6.3 from being diabetic (you only need to be 6.5) scared the crap out of me and I never looked back at being unhealthy again.

I started off slow with my exercising:

First 30 days - I did Kendra Kimberly 10 minute, 15 minute walk program.

60 Days - I became a complete gym rat. Cardio, Cardio, Cardio. I would ride stationary bike for 30 minutes everyda. Plus a lot of strength training as well, I was literally at the gym 3 hours a session 6 days a week.

90 Days- Gym- I did elliptical machine 40 minutes, walk treadmill 20 minutes, bike stationary 20 minutes. Plus strength train for 30 minutes a day. 6 days a week.

Until one day I said I want to buy a bike I was almost out of my first 90 days.

120 Days to now- I bought a mountain bike. y first ride 4 miles 40 minutes lol. I was so excited.
Then on my mountain bike I got up to 20 miles 2 hours 30 minutes.

I cycled 5 times a week for 15 miles a day plus the gym. Gym time went to about an 1 hour and half 3 days a week.

I changed to a hybrid bike but was not satisfied.

So I bought a rode bike.

Today I am doing Power 90 and Jillian 30 day shred and I ride 4 days a week.

I am able to ride my bike 15-20 miles 4 days a week in 1 hour 30 minutes.

Let me tell you I couldn't even walk up a flight of stairs and I am cycling and interval training.

I actually love my body now.

I want to lose 35 more pounds and I am loving pushing my body to the limit.

I still work out 6 days week and rest on the 7th. I watch everything I put in my mouth plus have my cheat days from time to time.

Thanks you to my MFP family for inspiration.

And thank you to my wife for taking this journey with me, together we have lost 91 lbs.

I started out at 261.9 January 25, 2013

Today I am 198.6 07/08/2013...

I am so very happy

This is me in 2009 at my heaviest 275 lbs.

9226250406_5472c77556_z.jpg
267 lbs. 08/2009 by denise.harrell@att.net, on Flickr

This is just a pic of transformation.

9232501856_5d0ff35480_z.jpg
Starting point 261.9 by denise.harrell@att.net, on Flickr

This pic was taken on yesterday 07/07/2013 before my 23 mile bike ride.

I am currently interval training, cycling, power 90 and strength training 3 times a week.

I work out 6 days a week.

9226250370_85b423b1ec_z.jpg
200 lbs. 07/6/2013 by denise.harrell@att.net, on Flickr

9232864700_80a47431a4_z.jpg
Wow the difference of 63 lbs. by denise.harrell@att.net, on Flickr

If I can do it anyone can.

Replies

• korsicash
    korsicash Posts: 770 Member
    Options
    AWESOME WORK!!!!
  • LuvtheCubs
    LuvtheCubs Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    Congrats! You are a great role model for your baby! Way to go on making so many changes.
  • meowlymary
    meowlymary Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    congrats! you're killing it!
  • Crimson1313
    Options
    Congratulations. Definitely inspiring to people like me who is just starting my journey! Thanks for sharing your success and good luck!
  • Ingrid_Ro
    Ingrid_Ro Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Congrats all the hard work has paid off you look Fab :)
  • crzztne
    crzztne Posts: 5
    Options
    Wow...way to go!!
  • dragonspice
    Options
    You look fabulous. Congratulations on a job well done. Thank you for sharing your story and your progress with us. The inspiration it gives us a truly a gift.
  • juicednjuicy7
    juicednjuicy7 Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    first ans foremost i am proud to be a witness of this journey, i often compliment your excersicing logs, and actually going on my computer versusmobile, i stepped into this blog and im in awe, your motivation and progress, hand in hand, is a job well done. i am beyond inspired. ibelieve you can shed that 35 more pounds. i often find myself on setbacks but NOW i have come to my conclusion to MOVE IT AND LOSE IT!

GIRL AGAIN GOOD FRUCKIN JOB!!!!
  • allifantastical
    allifantastical Posts: 946 Member
    Options
    You look fantastic!!!!
  • ptw330
    ptw330 Posts: 14
    Options
    wow amazing work.. you have inspired me. thank you for sharing your story with us all xox
  • Hearts_2015
    Hearts_2015 Posts: 12,031 Member
    Options
    On January 25,2013 I decided to take my life back and change my complete diet and started to exercise.

:heart: Congratulations on deciding to take back your life!!:heart:

Fantastic write up and WOW, incredible physical and mental changes...even the brightness of your eyes show how healthy you've become!!

Cheers to you and your partner for all your hard work...:drinker:
  • DUCKIEGYRL
    DUCKIEGYRL Posts: 186 Member
    Options
    Thank you so much to everyone for your replys
  • msjames1999
    msjames1999 Posts: 528 Member
    Options
    Wow!! Congratulations!!!
  • Charweezie
    Charweezie Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    PRETTY AMAZING!!!! CONGRATULATIONS!!!.. how is it that i've only lost 14 lbs in 5 months? so jelly right now.. lol.. keep it up girl!
  • terlyn20
    terlyn20 Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    YOU look wonderful! Amazing progress....
  • nave002
    nave002 Posts: 211 Member
    Options
    You are gorgeous! Way to go :happy:
  • Isakizza
    Isakizza Posts: 754 Member
    Options
    CONGRATS GIRL!!!
  • TheCrazyCatGirl
    Options
    Wow! Amazing work!
  • NoeHead
    NoeHead Posts: 516 Member
    Options
    congrats you look great!!
  • GettingFit4MyHealth
    Options
    It's too bad that sometimes health takes a toll before we make changes. i was starting to have some health issues also before deciding to lose weight. But you, you are wonderful! you took a step and made a HUGE change for your health! Good for you! your hard work has paid off
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!