How often do you run??

2»

Replies

• MelsAuntie
    MelsAuntie Posts: 2,833 Member
    The only time I run is when I realize I've left the water running in the barn.
  • holly1283
    holly1283 Posts: 741 Member
    I admire people who run.( Not those who bounce along and are doing their joints more harm than their bodies good) I can't run because of my knees. I swim a mile at a tme 3x per week.
  • phytogurl
    phytogurl Posts: 671 Member
    I'm fairly new to running and have been running 3-4 days per week at a distance of 3-5 miles the last 2+ months. The other days I cycle and mt bike so it's been nice to mix it up, while still working on my fitness. Sometimes I do both in one day; one in the morning and one in the afternoon. If i feel that i haven't recovered, and my legs are sore, i actively rest with walking, or completely take it off.
  • Tiznonay
    Tiznonay Posts: 124 Member
    I run 5 nights a week, for about an hour. 5-6 miles a night, depending how hilly that particular route is. Nothing seems to drop the pounds quite like running! My golden ticket!
  • pjp1125
    pjp1125 Posts: 313
    Even when I was Training for marathon, I would only run every other day. At my peak I was in the 60-70 mile range per week and still never ran on consecutive days. I always felt that my legs needed to recover between runs. Especially my long runs.
  • fuzzball01
    fuzzball01 Posts: 105 Member
    I run everyday except for normally on Mondays. That is usually my off day. My runs go for about 40 minutes
  • RunnerElizabeth
    RunnerElizabeth Posts: 1,091 Member
    I've been running for a year or so. I run 4 days a week, 2 easy, 1 interval day and 1 long. I tried to add a 5th day but ended up with terrible calf pain. But I was trying 4 consecutive days , day off, long run and another day off. I'm going to make one more attempt at 3 consecutive days then 2 consecutive days in a week and see if mixing up the order makes the 5th day stick. But what everyone else said is right, every other day works in the beginning and add additional days as you get more experienced.
  • RickNeedzToGetShreaded
    RickNeedzToGetShreaded Posts: 293 Member
    I do 4/5 I've tryed doing more but you just burn yourself especially if you're doing weight lifting and other cardio too.
  • BrunetteWife
    BrunetteWife Posts: 2,108 Member
    I'm training for my first half so I run/walk Tues, Thurs, Sat, and Sun.
  • bobf279
    bobf279 Posts: 342 Member
    I exercise everyday just about and vary what I do between running, circuits and resistance. I don't do both on the same day and sometimes work 3 day cycles and other times run every other day with one of the other activities in between. The one constant is I run every Saturday morning taking part in my local timed 5k parkrun.
  • JusticeGirl25
    JusticeGirl25 Posts: 703 Member
    I love to run every day, but my life is so busy with working two jobs plus just getting into a relationship. I used to run at least 5 days a week on the bike trails close to where I live. I'm really hoping I can maintain it.
  • shelleycolton
    shelleycolton Posts: 400 Member
    I run about 3-4times a week for 30mins or more, on the other days I play tennis and golf, think that you have to listern to the body, sometimes my legs feel sluggish and its really hard work, i know that im due a rest day. I haven't done 2 runs in the day but funny that i was toying with the idea today.
  • froeschli
    froeschli Posts: 1,292 Member
    i run 3-4 times a week - average about 7-8km each. working on more, but not really pushing it.

your body tells you if you're doing too much.
  • CarsonRuns
    CarsonRuns Posts: 3,039 Member
    Even when I was Training for marathon, I would only run every other day. At my peak I was in the 60-70 mile range per week and still never ran on consecutive days. I always felt that my legs needed to recover between runs. Especially my long runs.

So, you ran one 20 and three 16s in a week to get to 70?
  • rybo
    rybo Posts: 5,424 Member
    Depending upon if I am training or not I run anywhere from 2-6 days a week. Typically 3-4 during off training 5-6 during training. I think if you run smart, mostly easy & have good form you can run pretty much every day. I love to run, but I don't love it THAT much.
  • litatura
    litatura Posts: 569 Member
    I run 4 times a week, usually Monday, Wednesday, Friday and then my longer run on Sunday. If I run any more than 2 or 3 consecutive days, my knee starts to act up.
  • daniellemm1
    daniellemm1 Posts: 465 Member
    I'm a new runner, started C25K in April. I am running Tues/Thurs/Sat or Sun and I typically run 30-35 minutes. I am working on adding time and I want to avoid injury so even when I feel like adding a day I resist the urge. I had my first "easy" run the other day and that was an awesome feeling. In April I could barely run a minute without feeling like I was going to die. I can't wait until I really start loving running. Right now I am doing it because I am so proud of the fact that I can run :happy:
  • legreene515
    legreene515 Posts: 276 Member
    I WAS running every other day and doing Taekwondo about five nights a week too. Then I got a stress fracture in my left tibia. Miserable. I had to quit all weight bearing exercise.

I started TKD back at the end of May (after about 4 weeks off). I started running again this week. I did two days in a row this week, but only 1 mile each day. I'm building back up SLOWLY. I hope to get to 5 miles 3x per week. I have no need to run a 10k or a half. I've already run a 5K, and I'd like to do more of those. I work out 6 days a week with 1 rest day (4 days of that is Taekwondo).

I love the way I feel when I run. I love the solitude, and the amazing sense of accomplishment afterwards!
  • bert16
    bert16 Posts: 725 Member
    When I'm training for a race, I run 5 days a week:
    1) intervals (speed and hills)
    2) 4-5 mile tempo run
    3) brief session of "openers"/quick sprints
    4) long slow run
    5) recovery

Every 4th week, I back off and have a mini -recovery week, where I'll still run 5 days, but just keep it to easy, shorter runs and then one long run.