Les Mills Pump

Options
Is anybody still doing LMP at home or gym? I'm on Wk 2, home version and have looked at different forums for info & support. It seems a lot of people have moved on to other workouts.

Replies

• Samskeyper1031
    Options
    I am doing the LMP...I love it...it's what I have been looking for.
  • usteward
    usteward Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    I just started doing it at Y. I go one to two times a week. I like it and can tell a difference. I think its a good start for beginners.
  • honsi
    honsi Posts: 210 Member
    Options
    Yes I've been doing Body Pump classes at the gym for about a year now. I like it and will keep on going. I'm def stronger and more toned.
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options
    Been doing it for 4 months... first at the gym once a week, now I have the dvds and do it 2-3 times a week. I've at least doubled my weights since I started, so it's definitely effective.
  • SuzCruz159
    SuzCruz159 Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    Good to know there are still people doing this. By the time I finish the 90 days it will be the end of Sept. Hoping for good results. Is there a support group here for LMP?
  • mdn15
    mdn15 Posts: 145
    Options
    Did it for 1 1/2 years 3x/ week. I got stronger. Then I hit a plateau. Once you max out on the weights, I don't think there is much more you can do. For example, I can now dead lift 185lbs (12 x 3) and squat 145lbs (3x12 regular; 3x12 sumo), etc. There is no way one can do that in BP.

I no longer saw any benefits.

I moved on to heavy lifts and my body responded better. I am much more stronger and defined than I ever was in Body pump. I've developed muscles faster than I did in Body Pump. Lifting heavy is the fastest way I found to change my body. My body has changed more in the 6 months that i started lifting heavy weights than the 1 1/2 years of BP.

To build more muscles, you have to continue challenging your body. Doing the same routine over and over again w/o being able to increase weights (b/c there is only so many plates you can put on the bar) will not help in building more muscles.

Besides I no longer buy into their "marketing". I have seen "national" body pump instructors lifting heavy weights in order to get their bodies. So it is not just body pump that gave them their lean muscular body.
  • SuzCruz159
    Options
    What you say makes sense to me. As I've read more about lifting that seems to be the consensus. At this point, I still have about 115 lbs to lose to get to a "normal" weight & thought BP would be a good start. During one of my recent workouts I found myself thinking what would I do after this 90 day program. I wasn't sure if repeating would be effective or not. I think you can only put 150 lbs max on that bar.
    For now, it's probably a good level for me but I do hope to progress and do more.
  • gonesewing
    gonesewing Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    I love Body Pump and do it at a club (in fact, did a class this morning :)). I also do Body Step (when I don't bike) and Body Flow. I love the routine of it, I do the class with my husband as well so that helps ;). It is a great way to help lose weight and tone up. I
  • SuzCruz159
    Options
    I already bought the step and am waiting for the DVD's to arrive. I'm trying to follow the schedule that came with the program but I have a hard time with Flow & Hard Core Abs. Clearly I need them, but I'm so stiff and not flexible at all. I have so much fat everywhere literally from the tips of my toes to the top of my head! :P My legs are really heavy so it's hard to get myself bent in all those positions. I do what I can and as time goes on I know it will get easier. Right now I'm doing Pump & Burn. But, if I don't use their other DVD's I guess I'm not really doing their program. I heard/read other people's comments on how it really helped re-shape their bodies. So, as I said, I thought it would be a good starting point for me.
    For several weeks now I have been looking at bikes. I've probably only ridden a handful of times over the past 25 yrs but it's always been something I enjoyed. Finally got a mountain bike on 7/3. The next day my daughter & I rode 4 miles. I've been going by myself early in the morning before it gets too hot. We have a bike path a short distance from our house & it's 4 miles roundtrip to a local park. I plan to add more distance in time.
  • jlynn322
    jlynn322 Posts: 7
    Options
    Suz- way to go with your commitment for a healthy life!

I do not have the DVD s, but I take the classes in the gym and teach other LesMills classes (Combat & Flow & SHBAM).
    Pump is a great way to get into, or mixup your weight lifting routine.if you cannot find one on here, you should be able to find support from other people who do LM through the Beachbody community online.

The combination of lower weights and higher reps is not intended to really "bulk up", but help to shed fat and create lean muscles. The other programs in the kit help to do this as well. Once you complete the 90 day program it might be helpful if you can find a live class in your area. In the gyms the routine changes every 1 to 3 months generally to help continually shock your body and produce results. otherwise, I would take a break from the program and incorporate other kinds of strength training and then after a couple of months maybe go back through the program again.

Good luck on your journey!
  • jlynn322
    jlynn322 Posts: 7
    Options
    Oh! & if you would like any tips/modifications/etc on the flow & core routines I'd be happy to try and assist!
  • mdn15
    mdn15 Posts: 145
    Options
    de
    M

. In the gyms the routine changes every 1 to 3 months generally to help continually shock your body and produce results. otherwise, I would take a break from the program and incorporate other kinds of strength training and then after a couple of months maybe go back through the program again.

Good luck on your journey!

Routine change won't shock your body because same movement / exercises. Just different counts. Shocking your body entails different exercises or increasing weight (which you can't because it there is a limit to how many weights fit on bar) which Bp doesn't allow you to do.
  • SuzCruz159
    Options
    Oh! & if you would like any tips/modifications/etc on the flow & core routines I'd be happy to try and assist!

I just saw your msg - thanks! :)