When did people notice your weight loss?

Options
How much weight had to come off before someone mentioned it? Just curious as to what you guys had to say. :)

Replies

• Ldbg289
    Ldbg289 Posts: 236 Member
    Options
    Somewhere around 10 pounds for me. My friend came over to my house last fall after I'd been dieting along with exercise for a few months and asked me what I'd been doing because I looked awesome!

I had been dieting for a while before I joined mfp.
  • shadow2soul
    shadow2soul Posts: 7,692 Member
    Options
    No one has said anything to me yet :(

(with the exception of my progress post)
  • wannabe1959
    wannabe1959 Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    I posted this same question once. I am 5 ft 3 in. I started at 228. now I am at about 184. People are just now starting to say something. I think people are afraid to say anything until they are sure. I didn't advertise the fact that I was trying to lose wt because I don't like it when people are looking and asking everyday how much you have lost.. So, I am over 40 lbs down and people are just now asking. I have noticed people looking at me when they didn't think I was looking
  • stephaniejones262004
    Options
    I think around 30-40 pounds people started noticing and asking me about it.
  • sarebear97
    sarebear97 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    People started noticing at about 25 to 30 pounds lost for me.
  • TeachTheGirl
    TeachTheGirl Posts: 2,091 Member
    Options
    It took around 30lbs for me, and then (some) people kept telling me I was losing too much weight and that I should just stop now before I 'wasted away'. Lulz.
  • fancygirl7312
    fancygirl7312 Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    That's excellent . What type of fitness do you like?
  • Isakizza
    Isakizza Posts: 754 Member
    Options
    After 20-30 lbs.
  • katelynlmcg
    Options
    about two months after i started dieting and working out, i guess i had lost about 10-15 pounds.
  • MissKriss3
    MissKriss3 Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    Recently, about 9 or 10 months and 55lbs in
  • Reecebullet
    Reecebullet Posts: 141 Member
    Options
    My family said something quite quickly. I went from 210 last November, to 164 now. My family members said something around the 195 mark, then saying something about it every 10-15 more lost.

Friends however have said nothing. :/
  • StinkyWinkies
    StinkyWinkies Posts: 603 Member
    Options
    I shouldn't worry about this if I were you...I just posted a 'different sort of 'nobody noticed I lost 30#'' topic due to MY not noticing a woman I see every weeks' 30# weight loss...she was not offended at all...she said "it's because you see me so much."

The only people who have ever really noticed my weight loss are those whom I don't see 'regularly.' Oh, and my clothes plus, *I* didn't even notice my weight loss until recently...was quite a shock to realize I *have* lost a great deal of weight.
  • proudmommy1003
    proudmommy1003 Posts: 329 Member
    Options
    Uggggh 30lbs for me. I hated that nobody woukd say anything. Don't get disciurage though usually the people that hasn't see you for a long time is the one that notices your weigh loss
  • OMGeeeHorses
    OMGeeeHorses Posts: 732 Member
    Options
    I am 5'3 and was 330lbs!! so 35lbs lost for me was only noticed by my husband as it was lost in my rear a little and a ton of inches off my love handles. I mean my mother in law asked me how I was doing on it as they knew I was going to loose all the extra weight I got on from my accident. But :) who cares if no one notices how much you lost to the very end, because you are AMAZING for loosing what you have and still are accomplishing :)
  • danamariers
    danamariers Posts: 155 Member
    Options
    My fiancé noticed around 12lbs - when I came home from work once day he told me I needed new pants. I said, "I know they're a little baggy but I'm not small enough for another size down". And then he got up from the couch, shut the front door, pantsed me, kissed me on the forehead and said, "You need smaller pants dear." Then he went to the kitchen and had a bowl of cereal.

Yup, time for new pants.
  • ewrob
    ewrob Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    Around 20 to 30 lbs for me as well. I started getting comments from coworkers that I didn't work very closely with at around 50 lbs. My weight loss has been fairly rapid at about 75 lbs in just over 4 months (at least that seems rapid to me) so I think it was relatively noticeable in my case in spite of having a lot of weight to lose.
  • MexicanOsmosis
    MexicanOsmosis Posts: 382 Member
    Options
    28 pounds. My wife recently mentioned it for the first time.
  • katpatoneill
    katpatoneill Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    Last time I lost a bit of weight I lived in the dorms and someone mentioned it at the 15 to 20 pound mark. That might seem like nothing, but I think due to the context someone losing weight on a dorm floor would notice before just a friend you see once in a while. It's also because you become super comfortable with those people, so they are quicker to mention it without any awkwardness. I was also at one of my lowest weights, too, so every pound that came off me seemed more obvious... But apparently not to my boyfriend at the time, who never even noticed.

I can't wait to lose that weight AND KEEP IT OFF this go round- I loved the size I was back then!
  • ManjKA
    ManjKA Posts: 35
    Options
    My fiancé noticed around 12lbs - when I came home from work once day he told me I needed new pants. I said, "I know they're a little baggy but I'm not small enough for another size down". And then he got up from the couch, shut the front door, pantsed me, kissed me on the forehead and said, "You need smaller pants dear." Then he went to the kitchen and had a bowl of cereal.

Yup, time for new pants.

that's really sweet! good that you've got such a supportive partner : )
  • Needachange84
    Needachange84 Posts: 310 Member
    Options
    After my 1 month mark and losing 12 lbs. I could feel it in my clothes but didn't think anybody noticed until they start telling me they could. :)
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!