How much did your feet shrink?

Options
I'm wondering if anyone's seen a big change in their shoe size after losing a lot of weight. I started at an 8EEE (triple wide). That's the boot on the bottom. Now I'm in a 5.5D (standard width), the shoe on the bottom. Actually the shoe on the bottom is a 7.5 in women's shoes, as they are now the only shoes I can find easily. Does anyone else have a similar comparison? Oddly enough, my heel also shrank. I thought I had my father's genetics of wide feet, but after losing weight, I ended up seeing my mother's genetics of narrow heels come through more (which is the other reason women's shoes fit better: narrower heel).

tumblr_mpkvcullVF1s45baeo1_400.png

Replies

• ssheflin
    ssheflin Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    Yes! I wore a size 7.5 and some 8's. Now after losing 49 lbs I wear size 6.5. I also notice my feet aren't as wide now than before. It's crazy the things people notice from weight loss. I never would of imagined that my feet would shrink!
  • anemoneprose
    anemoneprose Posts: 1,805 Member
    Options
    half a size, from 10, which exists in a lot of places, to 9.5, which does not, so much.
  • roughneckswife
    roughneckswife Posts: 341 Member
    Options
    I went from an 8.5 to 7.5
  • cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 34,084 Member
    Options
    Ha! I read, "How much do your feet stink."

I was going to tell you about my ex husband, and the importance of dry shoes.

But...I did go down a full size after losing 55 pounds.
  • FitToBeKim
    FitToBeKim Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    I went from a size 11 wide to 9 narrow.
  • maryannelk
    maryannelk Posts: 707 Member
    Options
    From an 11 to a 10 - with only a 25 lb loss!

I was shocked when I was at DSW. I couldn't figure our why nothing fit.
  • Getawayfromthecake
    Getawayfromthecake Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    I've lost 42 lb and my feet haven't gotten any smaller

I'm a UK size 9 so I have large feet for a woman, so when I heard your feet could get smaller from losing weight I was so excited... but alas it was not meant to be for me!
  • hmoffatt
    hmoffatt Posts: 51
    Options
    My feet shrank from 12-12.5 to 11 when I lost 50kg a few years ago. Good to know it's not just me :)
  • caramelgyrlk
    caramelgyrlk Posts: 1,112 Member
    Options
    From a 9 to an 8
  • erulasse
    erulasse Posts: 141 Member
    Options
    6 to a 5 - I can now buy from the children's section and save a good bit of money everytime! :D
  • JenniTheVeggie
    JenniTheVeggie Posts: 2,474 Member
    Options
    I was a 10 or 10.5 now I'm a 9. :smile:
  • Isakizza
    Isakizza Posts: 754 Member
    Options
    So far went from 9 wide to size 8 medium.
  • Missjulesdid
    Missjulesdid Posts: 1,444 Member
    Options
    I'm only half way through.. but I've always had relatively skinny feet compared to the rest of me I've always been able to see the bones in the tops of my feet even when I couldn't see any other bone in my body!. I've lost nothing in length and a teeny tiny amount of width.. JUST enough so that I can now wear the ULTRA cute style of Danskos rather than having to get the plain boring ones that come in the "wide-width" At 360 pounds I wore a 10 wide but SOMETIMES a medium.. and now at 251 I'm in a 10 medium but SOMETIMES a wide... so I guess I'm only down maybe a half size in width.
  • melindasuefritz
    melindasuefritz Posts: 3,509 Member
    Options
    wow. mine haven't ............
  • mrshoneydew
    mrshoneydew Posts: 253
    Options
    Yes. In high school when I weighed 240, I wore size 11 shoe and sometimes wide width. Now I wear 9.5-10 standard width and I weigh 150 pounds. It's really weird when your shoes suddenly start falling off. It's the kind of thing you don't even think about with weight loss.
  • Lexi507
    Lexi507 Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    I was a very happy 7 - 7.5 US before. Now I'm in a 6.5 and sometimes 6 which are much harder to find.
  • karimonahan
    karimonahan Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    OMG, I hope this is true for me too, i wear an 11, and im only 5'7 lol
  • karlalband
    karlalband Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    I went from a 9 to a 11W now I'm down to a 10 W. lol...thought it was my imagination?:noway:
  • Trechechus
    Trechechus Posts: 2,819 Member
    Options
    Yep. Went from an 8..5 - 9 to a 7.5 - 8 (My climbing shoes are still size 8.5, though.)
  • Alta2000
    Alta2000 Posts: 655 Member
    Options
    After I lost 26lbs it went from 9.5w to 9m which was the size I wore when I was that weight previously. Thus, I assume and hope that after I lose 20lbs more I would be 8.5 the size I wore at that weight. I also lost 2 ring sizes with these 26lbs loss.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!