Replies

• ndboston
    ndboston Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Sherlock-British TV show. Simply brilliant/
  • marvybells
    marvybells Posts: 1,984 Member
    Options
    bump for suggestions. i just decided that it is movie night!
  • Chelz2013
    Chelz2013 Posts: 176 Member
    Options
    bump
  • ChasingKatie
    ChasingKatie Posts: 331 Member
    Options
    The Giant Mechanical Man
  • tenajh
    tenajh Posts: 208 Member
    Options
    bump

I love " A Mile In His Shoes "
    " Freedom Writers"
    " The 5th Quarter " -- You will never - never forget this movie. If it doesn't touch you - you are not human, true story.
    Forever Strong
  • foxgl0ve
    foxgl0ve Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    I'm enjoying everyone's recommendations. Here are a few of mine:

Tucker and Dale vs. Evil
    Butter
    Flame & Citron

I also second the recommendation for the IT Crowd
  • christenafreda
    christenafreda Posts: 212 Member
    Options
    The Puffy Chair, Mars, and Safety Not Guaranteed. I'm kiiind of a Mark Duplass fan.

Do you watch The League? So funny, Mark Duplass is great :smile:
  • christenafreda
    christenafreda Posts: 212 Member
    Options
    Check out Magnet pictures, my husband and I have discovered many hidden gems from this productions company.

I Saw The Devil
    Troll Hunter
    Enron: The Smartest Guys in the Room
    Freakanomics
    Food Inc.
    Hobo with a Shotgun
    John Dies at the End
    The Host
    The Perfect Host
    Tucker & Dale vs. Evil
    etc...
  • pseudomuffin
    pseudomuffin Posts: 1,058 Member
    Options
    Jiro Dreams of Sushi (if you like documentaries)
    The Ramen Girl
    Highlander (cult classic!!)

There's some cool TV series on there, too, like Copper and The Tudors :drinker:
  • stacey672
    stacey672 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Stardust, Scott Pillgram vs the World, Nim's Island (family movie)
  • jacobhyatt91
    jacobhyatt91 Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    idk..im in canada so netflix really sucks lol..i did almost watch a Romantic Comedy because David tennant (the 10th Doctor from Doctor who was in it) lol im a super fan like that
  • habu68123
    habu68123 Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    bump
  • jsimler1
    jsimler1 Posts: 168 Member
    Options
    Bump for later
  • loislenski
    loislenski Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    Also - May (horror) and Temple Grandin, Eagle VS Shark (love comedy), and Tell Me You Love Me (season 1, canceled HBO series)
    Yes for Temple Grandin! That was a hidden gem that my family discovered as well.
  • bigsparkle74
    Options
    Trust is such a good movie! Makes you want to go see what your kids are doing right now!
  • chaimcoon
    chaimcoon Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Ironclad was surprisingly good, especially if you're a history fan, not many movies dealing w/ the struggles over the Magna Carta out there
  • Markguns
    Markguns Posts: 554 Member
    Options
    The Game / Michael Douglas
    The Host
    Withnail and I

The Man from Snowy River (Family)

More recent movies you may have missed:

Stolen
    For Greater Glory
    Safe
    Killer Elite
    Centurion

TV
    Sherlock (BBC Masterpiece Theater series, Season 1 & 2 )
    Tom Selleck's Jesse Stone TV Movies
    Hatfields & McCoys
    Red Dwarf
    Firefly ;)
  • yinkyo
    yinkyo Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    idk..im in canada so netflix really sucks lol..i did almost watch a Romantic Comedy because David tennant (the 10th Doctor from Doctor who was in it) lol im a super fan like that
    Was it the Decoy Bride? I LOVE that movie, and David Tennant is HILARIOUS in it... of course, David Tennant is Brilliant in everything xD

To the person asking about Stardust streaming, unfortunately no, you can only get it through dvd service on Netflix, which sucks cuz it is one of my all time favorite movies

As for my list:
    The Decoy Bride- hilarious, and sweet, and not just because David Tennant is in it.
    Rubber- The strangest movie I have ever seen, but really funny
    I'm a Cyborg, But That's Okay- Okay... scratch the last one being the strangest, this was crazy too.
    Dr Horrible's Sing-Along-Blog- Watched for Felicia Day, kept watching because it was EPIC
    Unicorn City- Fun, cute movie about a group of people who start up a LARP
    Ramen Girl- I honestly didn't think I'd like this, but it was really good, and really made me want to find a real ramen shop too. xD
    Atlas Shrugged:Part 1- Political, but a really good movie, and pretty dern close to the book. I'm in the middle of Part 2, but I really don't like how they changed the entire cast around and screwed it up... The first part's cast was perfect in my mind.
    Phoebe In wonderland- This movie was sooo heartbreakingly good. About a little girl who gets in trouble all the time, and gets cast in the school play and starts getting advice from the characters. very good movie.

TV Series:
    Becoming a Billionaire (Korean)- Pretty funny story that starts to get sad towards the end, about a kid who is trying to find his father, and the only thing he knows about him is that he is a billionaire.
    You're Beautiful (Korean)- Hilarious and cute story about a nun who is impersonating her twin brother in a boy band, and has to live in a house with the boys from the band without letting them know she is a girl.
    Full House (Korean)- Funny show about a struggling writer with no family, whose friends sell her house out from under her while they sent her on a bogus vacation. Now a movie star lives in her house, and she is trying to get it back from him by working as a live-in maid, and pretending to be his wife.
    Reaper- Comedy about a guy whose parents sold his soul to the devil, and now he captures escaped souls and puts them back in Hell. Really sad this one got cancelled and never picked back up >_<
    Dead Like Me- Quirky comedy about a girl who dies in a fiery space station toilet incident, and becomes a grim reaper.
    The Increasingly Poor Decisions of Todd Margaret- A comedy... about a guy who travels to London to market an energy drink, starring David Cross from Arrested Development.

I'm pretty sure I'm forgetting a lot, but these are the ones I could find buried between all the crap my fiance watches all the time xDD
  • jacobhyatt91
    jacobhyatt91 Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    Was it the Decoy Bride? I LOVE that movie, and David Tennant is HILARIOUS in it... of course, David Tennant is Brilliant in everything xD
    Yup it was the Decoy Bride and he is one brilliant actor..i might have to check it out
  • CallMeCupcakeDammit
    CallMeCupcakeDammit Posts: 9,375 Member
    Options
    I watched Super and One Week last night, since they were only about an hour and a half each. Two very different movies, but I liked both. I was surprised at how many people I recognized in Super. I was a fan of Kick *kitten*, so when I saw it mentioned here, I had to jump on it. :smile: